PDA

View Full Version : iTS is back (with lost torrents, stats, and most importantly, lost forum posts.)

n00bz0r
06-12-2009, 03:40 AM
iTS Recovery Time!!!

What Just Happened FFS

Due to unfortunate circumstance our server crashed, simple as that. In the process we lost our database together with our daily site backups. We still have an up to date copy of the site codes, but have had to revert back to a three month old database.

We lost around 100 of our newer members, torrents, forum posts and user stats. You will notice your profile data might not be up-to-date due to recovery from the old database. We are very sorry about what happened but it was out of our control. We have now negotiated with our host and have insisted that our daily backup is maintained on a separate server, to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Thank you for your patience, cooperation and contributions. By way of thanks we will be adding 3,000 karma points to all members, those can be used towards a custom title in the iTS Marketplace or something else.

Now iTS time to get things back to the way they were before this happened and we are asking members to help do that. Nothing too much. If you've applied for an invite for your friends and they've joined the site in the last 3 months, please PM staff as soon as possible so we can ensure they regain access to the site. In addition, we would extremely appreciate if you guys could help by uploading back to the site the torrents that were lost from the database in the last 3 months. Many were already added by our unbelievable team of uploaders (thanks guys : wub : ). Some, however, are still missing. Your help is crucial in reintroducing some of the missing files for the benefit of the community.

Seems like an ideal opportunity for a competition.

So What's The Big Idea

Like we said the main problem we have is the database, so we want to get that back the way it was, or as near it as possible. Most importantly we want the AFRs and the Collection Torrents that everyone worked so hard to get there in the first place. The idea is simply that we ask you to seed them again, nothing more than that. If people still have the files and the torrents we are asking that you upload them to the site again and help rebuild the database.

We will be having a competition to see who can get the most AFR and / or Collection torrents back online. Please note, this is not a competition about uploads and downloads. The point of this is to get the torrents back, so the winners will be those who get the most uploaded, by number. It matters not one jot how much is downloaded by anyone, it's the number of AFRs and Collection Torrents (whether they are AFR or not). So iTS in everyone's own hands. The competition shall begin from the moment the site is reopened, and end on Friday, June 19th 2009, at 22:00 GMT.

Prizes

Obviously the main thing is that you have been instrumental in getting the torrents back online for your chums. However in addition to that we will be awarding the following prizes:

1st Place - 1 Month VIP + 10,000 karma points
2nd place - 2 Weeks VIP + 5,000 karma points
3rd Place - 1 Weeks VIP + 3,000 karma points

We know that the type of people who will do this are the type of people who do it anyway, for nothing other than the occasional word of thanks. However iTS only right you should be rewarded.

Remember, iTS the number of torrents that counts, not the activity they generate.

As ever thanks for your ongoing support. iTS what makes this tracker and community what it is. Fan-fecking-tastic.

so, iTS is back. With a few lost torrents, stats, users, and forum posts. :mellow:

SNLV
06-12-2009, 05:36 AM
i need their IRC server and support channel, if anyone knows please pm me. i am having few problem accessing site.

n00bz0r
06-12-2009, 05:49 AM
i need their IRC server and support channel, if anyone knows please pm me. i am having few problem accessing site.

your contact details aren't visible. :huh:

Skiz
06-12-2009, 06:20 AM
They don't need to be. Just post it in the thread. ;)

Roooney
06-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I've lost my account aswell:( Will have to contact them on IRC.

Louie
06-12-2009, 07:18 AM
so, iTS is back. With a few lost torrents, stats, users, and forum posts.

1337 tracker

Remember, iTS the number of torrents that counts, not the activity they generate.sure:yup:

We will be having a competition to see who can get the most AFR and / or Collection torrents back online. Please note, this is not a competition about uploads and downloads. The point of this is to get the torrents back,
:01:

GeeGeeGee
06-12-2009, 07:25 AM
I've lost my account.
I need their IRC server & support channel,
if anyone knows please pm me.

Paracetamol
06-12-2009, 07:27 AM
"...and most importantly, lost forum posts."

Community, right? Always about the community.

Eros
06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I need IRC server and channel, If anyone knows PM me.

Louie
06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I've lost my account.
I need their IRC server & support channel,
if anyone knows please pm me.

:lol: good you disabled pm

1000possibleclaws
06-12-2009, 07:37 AM
Actually pm's are a privilege you lose when DP'ed.

n00bz0r
06-12-2009, 08:04 AM
"...and most importantly, lost forum posts."

Community, right? Always about the community.
yeah :blink:

SNLV
06-12-2009, 09:23 AM

your contact details aren't visible. :huh:
They are visible now.

The_Martinator
06-12-2009, 10:02 AM
It's always good when a tracker is back. I wish iTS luck with getting back on their feet.

And yeah, I don't know what the forums there are like, but loosing quality posts can ba a very bad thing. Some people really take their time to post, maybe making a movie review or something.

Zaxx
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Best of luck to iTS...it's hard enuff to build up a good forum and maintain it. iTS even harder to start again almost from the beginning.
I'll do my fair share of posts fwiw...:ermm:

sez
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Is this a case of mass hysteria or sumfin?what do you mean its?its what?a plane?a puzzle?this is actually more whacked than vait and invi if you axe me.

MATEE100
06-12-2009, 01:31 PM
And they still don't have open signups,what a pity :P

killercam101
06-12-2009, 02:24 PM
And they still don't have open signups,what a pity :P

Pity for you, relief for iTS members :shifty:

nsk
06-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Good to see it back, I can't remember the details for the login / front page though :frusty:, can't find the email either, so if someone could drop me a PM with them it would be much appreciated. :)

EDIT: Got it, thanks.

SNLV
06-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Can someone please send me irc server and channel or instruction on how to login (i know url and my password)

MiNiMAL
06-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Can someone please send me irc server and channel or instruction on how to login (i know url and my password)

look on your email ! :blink:

Hombre
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
it's ***********.net, then u must know what to do next.

SNLV
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
it's ***********.net, then u must know what to do next.
When i open ***********.net, i get redirected to another site.

@DzArEdZ
I haven't received any e-mail

Edit: Found the invite e-mail (took 20 min to locate it) with all instruction, everything is fine now

Paracetamol
06-12-2009, 08:45 PM

It's called "sarcasm." No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.

beshawn
06-12-2009, 09:29 PM

It's called "sarcasm." No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.

Oh really? I do in fact browse the forums at a few trackers more than I browse the torrents, and I still download quite a bit at these places. I also use some trackers IRC channels EVEN more so.

I'd post here more often if it wasn't for so many garbage posts like the one you just made. I'm sure at one time this section was filled with more useful and intelligent posts...; well before I start ranting too much, let me end on a positive note. There are users here whom I respect, and the moderators (at least the ones that post) are all top notch here too.

Paracetamol
06-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Oh really? I do in fact browse the forums at a few trackers more than I browse the torrents, and I still download quite a bit at these places. I also use some trackers IRC channels EVEN more so.

I'd post here more often if it wasn't for so many garbage posts like the one you just made.

Ouch. Your witty barbs sting like the thorns of a rose. Such pain from something so beautiful. A paradox, it is.

Dude. Seriously. You did not sign up for any of those trackers just to post in the forums. You signed up to pirate stuff, just like the rest of us. Don't pull some holier than thou act and try to play it off like you just go to these places to talk to people. That's more garbage than my posts apparently are.

beshawn
06-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Dude. Seriously. You did not sign up for any of those trackers just to post in the forums. You signed up to pirate stuff, just like the rest of us. Don't pull some holier than thou act and try to play it off like you just go to these places to talk to people. That's more garbage than my posts apparently are.

No your quite right, I didn't sign up for any of those trackers, I was invited to them. Even so you said "No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums."

That has nothing to do with signing up, re-read your own words. I sometimes sign into (see: go to) trackers just to post in the forums, rather than download.

lysine
06-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm sure at one time this section was filled with more useful and intelligent posts...

take some time to browse the older posts here. they've always been 99% crap.

cinephilia
06-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Paracetamol is not wrong, torrentsites are meant to download stuff for free even though it doesn't refain from using the forums...
anyway, i fail to see how voicing one's opinion can be considered as a garbage post as long as the post is coherent.

Louie
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
take some time to browse the older posts here. they've always been 99% crap.

with your one 99.9%

Oh really? I do in fact browse the forums at a few trackers more than I browse the torrents, and I still download quite a bit at these places.

I do this thing at 2-3 trackers but when I firstly entered on those trackers was for content;Paracetamol is right he was talking about generally cases consider yourself the exception.

gionman
06-12-2009, 10:19 PM
what's iTS?

brento
06-12-2009, 10:21 PM
and awesome! my password doesnt work! :D

Louie
06-12-2009, 10:23 PM
what's iTS?

in the shit(helps at camouflage)

and awesome! my password doesnt work!

because they have an old backup...

Paracetamol
06-12-2009, 11:13 PM
No your quite right, I didn't sign up for any of those trackers, I was invited to them. Even so you said "No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums."

That has nothing to do with signing up, re-read your own words. I sometimes sign into (see: go to) trackers just to post in the forums, rather than download.

Debating semantics is the last thing a man does before he loses an argument.

pro267
06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.
If you would have seen how the members there flock to help the site at its time of need, you might have understood the true meaning of a community.

brento
06-13-2009, 01:17 AM

Maybe not the forums per say, but I have definitely joined torrent sites for the community rather than the content.
community>content IMHO.
ScL>ScT

Paracetamol
06-13-2009, 02:24 AM
If you would have seen how the members there flock to help the site at its time of need, you might have understood the true meaning of a community.

Personally, I think of community as neighbors helping neighbors, not "give money to a guy so my torrent fix and only tie to elitism doesn't go away." Tomato, tomahto.

Maybe not the forums per say, but I have definitely joined torrent sites for the community rather than the content.

I would like you to explain the difference between the forum and the community. Pretend this is a dissertation, and it dictates whether or not you can continue to internet. Yes, internet is a verb now. Let's go.

sez
06-13-2009, 02:41 AM
No one goes to a torrent site to participate in the forums. No one. If you want community, there are thousands of forums on this here intarweb. Pick one.

Its your tracker,you have a duty towards it.Alot of us help our trackers too(only that we never allow things to be so dire to an extent of needing)that my friend is responsibility not community kapish.

n00bz0r
06-13-2009, 03:19 AM

I couldn't help but lol at the post.
I am sure if it was just about the content, TL and what.cd would be more than sufficient for 95% of BT users.But most unfortunately they aren't.
Content is more or less the same at all the places. Sometimes they are offered in ratio free environment, and sometimes not.So its not a big deal.
Forum posts are important coz of the discussions that take place, from 'Anti P2P groups' to 'Obama Vs Bush'. The posts tend to be well thought out and framed. Posters take some time out to think and analyze before they jump on to conclusions and hit the 'post' button.
They are not like lost torrents, which in 99.9% of the cases be added again. But posts once lost, cant be recovered coz of the intellectual value they carry, and spur of the moment thoughts associated with them. They tend to be of a higher value to me than just torrents. I have a lot of content sitting pretty on my HDD, and the absence of torrents on the tracker doesn't bother me at all, as i can always upload them, or reseed if required.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to have an opinion of his/her own.
Peace.

vfreak
06-13-2009, 03:47 AM
There is also something in a community of people who generally share a broad set of common values with you. Torrenters like technology, most are young, and are generally interested in talking about similar things. There's an added element, of us all being torrenters, and it sort of brings an added level of 'undertanding' that seems to make us enjoy dissussing any old topic with each other. Sure, there's plenty of worthless torrent forums out there but there's some mighty excellent ones too.

Many regular torrent forumers are young, intelligent people, some are not quite so intelligent (lol), but there's definitely a common ground which we alreayd have with each other. And, don't you think it's cool to discuss what music you like with other What.CDers, just as much as on other general public music discussion boards? I actually prefer it, for lots of reasons...

Paracetamol
06-13-2009, 07:15 AM
Its your tracker,you have a duty towards it.Alot of us help our trackers too(only that we never allow things to be so dire to an extent of needing)that my friend is responsibility not community kapish.

Duty is a strong word. I live in the US and feel no duty to my country, even in a time of war. This is just where I live. Until the day comes that there's an invasion taking place and my personal interests are being threatened, I've no interest to go join the military. Even then, I probably wouldn't.

A tracker is just a place where you download shit. It's not like someone is encroaching on your land or kicking your dog. You have no call to act just because Admin X says he needs money. It's his site - let him figure it out. Why is this so hard of a concept to grasp?

I couldn't help but lol at the post.
Forum posts are important coz of the discussions that take place, from 'Anti P2P groups' to 'Obama Vs Bush'. The posts tend to be well thought out and framed. Posters take some time out to think and analyze before they jump on to conclusions and hit the 'post' button. ... But posts once lost, cant be recovered coz of the intellectual value they carry, and spur of the moment thoughts associated with them.

Did you really laugh out loud? That would be awesome. In fact, I'm ROFLMAOing at this very moment. True story.

You and I must not read the same forums, then. "Rate That Ass" threads aren't really full of brilliance, and I really doubt that your average internet guy knows enough about politics to be making any kind of statement, opinion or not. Armchair pundits are an annoyance, but that's a grievance we can deal with at a later date.

All over the internet, there are forums dedicated to specific topics. Religion, politics, health/illness, philosophy, you name it. These are the places where the intelligentsia congregate, and where the best discussions can be had. But if you want to relegate yourself to places where any ol' retard looks like a genius because he had a brief moment of insight, hey, that's your damage, bro. Have at it.

1000possibleclaws
06-13-2009, 08:44 AM
This thread should have been posted in the down or up thread in support, but I guess since this is 'big news' a thread was warranted. Anyways the topic has completely strayed, so I'm gonna lock it. If you guys want to debate the worth of tracker forums then you should really create a new (and provocative) thread with that in mind, as well as in the title. If someone wants a last word in they're gonna have to quote and then re-post in a new thread. If someone needs support with their iTS account then go here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-support-176/)