PDA

View Full Version : New Type Of Protection Put Into Mp3s ?

Nogimics
09-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Downloaded a few mp3's off kazza and when I try and play them in any Audio player as well as the previewer in kazza whilst still downloading i get no sound and a web page pops up with this..

I have just re-formatted BTW.

Welcome to Windows Media Personal License Migration Service.
You have reached this page because you are attempting to do one of the following with content that was copied from CDs:

Restore the content on a computer or operating system that has been upgraded, or
Use existing content on another one of your computers.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you re-install an operating system or install a completely new operating system on a computer on which you have previously maintained licenses, that computer will appear to be a new, unique computer to this service when you migrate licenses. However, upgrading the operating system will not change the identity of the computer as far as this process is concerned.

Any unauthorized use of the content may be a violation of the law, including U.S. and international copyright laws, and may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution.

If you wish to read our policy page, click the link above. If you want to migrate licenses now, click the Migrate License button. Otherwise, click Cancel.

chinook_apache
09-27-2003, 07:13 PM
first i have heard of that. thats weird

BigBank_Hank
09-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Do a search on this topic. Someone recently had the same question but I forgot what to do to resolve this issue.

Spider_dude
09-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Wma.
just click ok, and it'll play. and stop downloading wma's.

Nogimics
09-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Indeed. Files were name song.mp3.wma and my column width was hiding the .wma part of the file name so I did not notice. I will be deleting them as .wma is crap M$ shit.

Wolfmight
09-27-2003, 09:39 PM
hell you could just really mix em up.

asd.ads.das.1.d30e.0qd3d0320.3d0d33d.d30d320.3d2
Then whomever downloadin from u, tell em if it's MP3 or Wav.. sorta like a cheap password thing lol

Spider_dude
09-27-2003, 11:06 PM
btw clicking migrate license does nothing to your system, and lets you listen to the songs.