PDA

View Full Version : Does ratio cheating cause any damage to a tracker?

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 09:47 AM
What do you say? Does ratiocheating cause any form of damage to a tracker or its members?

I admit that I once ratiocheated more than a terabyte on sct.
Ever since that I've leeched loads of torrents and helped other members out with seeding, by leeching from them.

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right?
Imo it doesn't harm a thing, except for breaking rules and maybe it is etchically wrong.

The_Martinator
06-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Of course it hurts the tracker, duh.

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right?
Imo it doesn't harm a thing, except for breaking rules and maybe it is etchically wrong.

Who is to say that you'll leech after. People want big buffers today not to leech afterwards, but to have something to show off with.

Also, I can't imagine downloading 1TB of stuff. Maybe if they were HD, but that's still 250 movies in 720p.

jaapaap
06-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Of course it does, if everyone did that there is no one who can seed the file. It's all about sharing!

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Also, I can't imagine downloading 1TB of stuff. Maybe if they were HD, but that's still 250 movies in 720p.
:blink:

I normally download about 1tb in a month.
When I'm on a leechingspree I download 1tb in less than a week, and I have less than 10mbit down speed.

Of course it does, if everyone did that there is no one who can seed the file. It's all about sharing!
Stop comparing with "if" sentences, that's just ridiculous.
It's just speculations, none of it is fact and will most likely not happen.

james223
06-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Cheating is Cheating. Its bad and goes against what bit torrent is about - Sharing.

The_Martinator
06-14-2009, 10:34 AM

When I'm on a leechingspree I download 1tb in less than a week, and I have less than 10mbit down speed.

I have 1 mbit speed and I tend ot use/watch/play/listen to the stuff I download. I don't download for stats.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 10:46 AM

I have 1 mbit speed and I tend ot use/watch/play/listen to the stuff I download. I don't download for stats.
Then we have something in common, except for that I don't use all of the stuff I download. About half of it is for friends and family.

Anyways, why would someone download for the stats?
Is it cool to have a lot of downloaded?
I thought most people are trying to get as much uploaded as possible, not downloaded.

MATEE100
06-14-2009, 10:49 AM
That's why cheaters got banned :cool2:

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Cheating is Cheating. Its bad and goes against what bit torrent is about - Sharing.
Thanks for your input, however it doesn't answer the question.

Trippin'
06-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Pretty sure that's impossible...

IdolEyes787
06-14-2009, 11:03 AM
That's a lot more interesting than the topic .What could you possibly download ? Unless I had never watched/played/listened to anything before and felt compelled to suddenly make up for it in a week I can't see the reasoning.

And no ratio cheating by one individual ( not a sysop so I might be totally off base here) probably has no effect on a tracker.
Still makes you a douchebag though.

Mugur
06-14-2009, 11:08 AM
It shortens the torrent life. The other users make a decent ratio at it and stop seeding. You should seed in order to keep the torrent alive, but yo don't, so the torrent dies.
And what jaapjaap said wasn't ridiculous, this rule has a purpose. If one can disobey it, others soon follow. And the more cheaters on a site, the shorter the torrents live on that site.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Pretty sure that's impossible...
Typo, should've been 'less than 100mbit down speed'.
Though it might be possible with 10mbit, I don't know.
At least swedish isp's may stand a chance considering how they max out.

this rule has a purpose. If one can disobey it, others soon follow.
More than one has manipulated their ratios throughout the years, and I haven't seen the crowd following.

Mugur
06-14-2009, 11:26 AM
That's because most of them are caught and disabled/banned.

jasperr
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
actually ratio cheating does hurt the tracker..... basically, the whole thing is based on the honor system.. the numbers represent how much you share! ... and/or take depending on how well you were raise.. and by cheating the system your lying .. because you have not shared what you say you shared... if a single user does this then it most likely wouldn't matter as much.. but, there are many users out there that do this and that's what does the damage.. becuase it reports that you shared x amount MBs or more which means that you could download a 30GB torrent pack and avoid the hit and run systems without actually seeding 10mbs .... by making it appear that you have satisfied the requirements you can drop the torrent ... leaving the torrent to die faster and other more decent users high and dry on it as well...

that's one scenario here but i'm sure there's other combination's/ways or things you could do.. as to what the OP does is irrelevant because all he want's to do is make a case that there is nothing wrong with it..... lmao

in any case it certainly does not help a tracker or any specific torrent any, thats for sure! it's an avoidance techniuqe, nothing more... if you were a legit user there wouldn't be a need to do such things to begin with..

The_Martinator
06-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Then we have something in common, except for that I don't use all of the stuff I download. About half of it is for friends and family.

Anyways, why would someone download for the stats?
Is it cool to have a lot of downloaded?
I thought most people are trying to get as much uploaded as possible, not downloaded.

If you have very little downloaded, people might suspect you as an inactive user. People don't like to hand invites to people who won't use the account...

I see people agree with me that 1tb is a lot. Besides, even if it is for family and friends, you still need to download it just once, lol.

Mugur
06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Maybe when he says friends, he means a lot of them. That's not the problem. The problem is that he is cheating and he doesn't realize he's doing something wrong. Moreover, in the country where he lives he has access to some very fast connections, so he doesn't need to cheat, even if he downloads 1 TB in a month. (that means an average speed of 3mbps, by the way)

sez
06-14-2009, 12:13 PM
how do you even fake uploading a terabyte?that's 1000GB ffs.How the hell does that go undetected?this tracker never ceases to amaze fo sho.

Back to your question though,as you have readily admitted ratiocheating is ethically wrong and that's that.Robin hood too stole to help the poor and though at face it was justifiable to him it was still against the law of the land hence wrong no matter what his beliefs were(same with people who blow themselves up as a shortcut to paradise).

That said,your question is kinda tricky and am tempted to dodge it.But am not going to,you may harm a few people speedwise(coz you are not really in the swarm) but if ethics and rules aint really your thing then nothing is off the table.You are free to justify anything you want.
It won't harm the tracker like say trading does coz after all its internal.
You are stealing but with the intention of returning back what you took,that's called absentia borrowing.
If anything though,i think its embarrassing that someone can fake uploading that much without being detected,to me that equates to ignorance coz if someone was paying attention you ought to have been banned by now or you would have stopped after a few gigs.

06-14-2009, 12:18 PM
to download 1TB a week you'd have to RSS pretty much everything that hits the site.

i doubt you do that, and if you do i doubt you use more then 5gb of the stuff you download. i also doubt you have the HD space to keep up with that.

Villalltheway
06-14-2009, 12:31 PM

What kind of idiot needs to download a tb of stuff in a week, so in the end whats the point of cheating just so u can download a lod of shit that u will never even most probably look at.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Maybe when he says friends, he means a lot of them. That's not the problem. The problem is that he is cheating and he doesn't realize he's doing something wrong. Moreover, in the country where he lives he has access to some very fast connections, so he doesn't need to cheat, even if he downloads 1 TB in a month. (that means an average speed of 3mbps, by the way)
I said I cheated once, doesn't mean I'm still doing it.
To be more precisely, I did it more than 2 years ago.

to download 1TB a week you'd have to RSS pretty much everything that hits the site.

i doubt you do that, and if you do i doubt you use more then 5gb of the stuff you download. i also doubt you have the HD space to keep up with that.
I don't use rss, never done.
I download things that sound interesting and stuff I've heard good words about.
As I said, I download 1tb in a month, my leechingspree doesn't happen too often. Sct's birthday for example is a time when I leech a terabyte in a week.

Also you should read through the entire thread before you judge anything. I already stated that I use everything I download except for the stuff I download for family and friends.

And about my hdds. Did you know that hdds are very cheap nowadays? 3tb does it for me, I don't store everything I download on the hdds. I burn dvd-r and music to dvds and cds,
meaning I archive movies in dvd-r. 1080p movies are only being watched once and then I delete them. You get the idea.

how do you even fake uploading a terabyte?that's 1000GB ffs.How the hell does that go undetected?this tracker never ceases to amaze fo sho.

Back to your question though,as you have readily admitted ratiocheating is ethically wrong and that's that.Robin hood too stole to help the poor and though at face it was justifiable to him it was still against the law of the land hence wrong no matter what his beliefs were(same with people who blow themselves up as a shortcut to paradise).

That said,your question is kinda tricky and am tempted to dodge it.But am not going to,you may harm a few people speedwise(coz you are not really in the swarm) but if ethics and rules aint really your thing then nothing is off the table.You are free to justify anything you want.
It won't harm the tracker like say trading does coz after all its internal.
You are stealing but with the intention of returning back what you took,that's called absentia borrowing.
If anything though,i think its embarrassing that someone can fake uploading that much without being detected,to me that equates to ignorance coz if someone was paying attention you ought to have been banned by now or you would have stopped after a few gigs.

Actually, it's 1024gb. :whistling:
Thanks for your thoughts.

mrnobody
06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn292/Mimi604/Cats%20Animals%20Chickens/cheating-hurts-1.jpg

The_Martinator
06-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Haha, good one squirr3l!

cinephilia
06-14-2009, 01:56 PM
That's why cheaters got banned :cool2:
you learnt it to your cost :whistling

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 02:01 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn292/Mimi604/Cats%20Animals%20Chickens/cheating-hurts-1.jpg
For the one cheating, or for the one being cheated? :P

Night0wl
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Well since you needed to make a thread about it explaining your Robin Hood complex and looking for acceptance, I'm guessing for the one cheating.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Well since you needed to make a thread about it explaining your Robin Hood complex and looking for acceptance, I'm guessing for the one cheating.
I never explained any Robin Hood complex.
Someone else was talking something about Hood, not me.

no_more_tears
06-14-2009, 02:33 PM
No damage for sure. What can you damage with a small program that fakes ratio :D

mrnobody
06-14-2009, 02:40 PM
For the one cheating, or for the one being cheated? :P

you tell me :naughty:

sez
06-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I never explained any Robin Hood complex.
Someone else was talking something about Hood, not me.

complex
adj.
1. consisting of many different and connected parts.
2. not easy to understand; complicated.
3. Mathematics (of a number) containing both a real and an imaginary part.
n.
1. an interlinked system; a network. • a group of similar buildings or facilities on the same site.
2. Psychoanalysis a related group of repressed or partly repressed emotionally significant ideas which lead to abnormal mental states or behaviour. • informal;a feeling of disproportionate anxiety about something.
3. Chemistry an ion or molecule in which one or more groups are linked to a metal atom by coordinate bonds.
v.
Chemistry make (an atom or compound) form a complex with another.
Derivatives:
complexation n. (Chemistry).
complexity n. (pl. complexities).
complexly adv.
Origin:
C17 (as n.): from L. complexus, from complectere 'embrace, comprise', later assoc. with complexus 'plaited'; the adjective is partly via Fr. complexe.

Night0wl
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
What do you say? Does ratiocheating cause any form of damage to a tracker or its members?

Ever since that I've leeched loads of torrents and helped other members out with seeding, by leeching from them.

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right? <---

What do you call that?

Oh and the fact you say it was more than two years ago in another post. It must have been eating you up inside.. so much in fact that you had to bring it up now.

Mugur
06-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I guess if he did it only once some time ago and since then he has been a good user and paid his debt to the community, he can be forgiven now.
Anyway, to conclude, ratio cheating is bad and harmful for the idea of sharing just like cheating is harmful for the trust inside a couple, so you should never use this way of keeping your ratio.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 03:37 PM

In other words, by cheating and then leeching a lot, you improve the activity on a tracker, right? <---

What do you call that?

Oh and the fact you say it was more than two years ago in another post. It must have been eating you up inside.. so much in fact that you had to bring it up now.
The underlined parts? I call them words.

I decided to create a different topic hence polarbear is missing in action.

ovisan
06-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Oi... just think about it: some are paying good money for seedboxes, some are seeding day and nite, others rip their own stuff to keep a decent ratio and you fucker use a shitty application to cheat ratio with the excuse that you leech a lot afterwards. Thsts a totally wrong conception mate. If you have a good connection as you pretend you do just keep seeding and stop shitin yourself. Many TB uploaded wont make your e-dick longer, comprendre? Sad that you havent been caught by now.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Oi... just think about it: some are paying good money for seedboxes, some are seeding day and nite, others rip their own stuff to keep a decent ratio and you fucker use a shitty application to cheat ratio with the excuse that you leech a lot afterwards. Thsts a totally wrong conception mate. If you have a good connection as you pretend you do just keep seeding and stop shitin yourself. Many TB uploaded wont make your e-dick longer, comprendre? Sad that you havent been caught by now.
I thought about it, doesn't make any harm as far as I see.
Well, first of all, leeching a lot is not an excuse, secondly, I can't help if others are willing to pay for filesharing or whatever decision they make.
And for my bandwidth's sake, I have a fast connection down, not up.

cinephilia
06-14-2009, 05:10 PM
in the end, menteur fit very well with cheater :whistling

Roooney
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Menteur: How long do you seed the torrents you download from a tracker you have been cheating on? I bet it's not 1:1, is it?

codec
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
poser... :rolleyes:

Night0wl
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, first of all, leeching a lot is not an excuse, secondly, I can't help if others are willing to pay for filesharing or whatever decision they make.

So you don't have a fast line up, but still ratiocheating 1TB was enough to keep you a healthy buffer allowing you to download, what was it you said? 1TB a month minus the free leech, so at 3/4 counted and let's say half free leech, we still have at least 9TB - the 1TB you cheated, making 8TB uploaded in two years without counting buffer. Bad line my ass.

Or are you just making up numbers as you go along?

note: that 3/4 is for simplicity sake as that wasn't in effect until less than 1 1/2 year ago.

dakat
06-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Ok sad truth of the matter it does hurt the tracker. Many Trackers have levels of users the higher the upload and ratio the better user level you have and the better perks. Including getting invites. Now I know this brings up the age old issue of trading and non trading. But in my book if you have no issues with cheating then you have no issues with trading invites. Thusly in the end you hurt the tracker by your actions and further more you don't want to contribute to the site, by getting your epenis the traditional way by contributing and working to get it. As others have said here if you have the internet pipe you say you have then cheating shouldn't have been needed.

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 06:32 PM

So you don't have a fast line up, but still ratiocheating 1TB was enough to keep you a healthy buffer allowing you to download, what was it you said? 1TB a month minus the free leech, so at 3/4 counted and let's say half free leech, we still have at least 9TB - the 1TB you cheated, making 8TB uploaded in two years without counting buffer. Bad line my ass.

note: that 3/4 is for simplicity sake as that wasn't in effect until less than 1 1/2 year ago.
Don't be narrow minded. Other trackers and sources exist too, remember?
Ftn for example, that's the one I use most.

Cabalo
06-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Besides the obvious moral side of the question, i haven't seen anyone saying objectively where it hurts the tracker.

here goes: when a user is cheating, it means he isn't uploading what he should to complete his ratio. that means that when a new user joins the swarm to download the same file, it will be the other seeders who will feed him, meaning they will much easily accomplish their 1:1 ratio on that torrent. This all means that for the other users, that tracker is easier to seed on.
and if it is easier to seed on, it's one less reason to donate, so they don't have to buy upload credit.
so the tracker makes less money.
and trackers are about money. or at least they need it too.
and that's how life goes.

Tokeman
06-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Cheating is bad, for the torrent, its peers, and the tracker as a whole. The ripple effect doesn't stop when you stop cheating.

brightsid
06-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Interesting subject Menteur. Sharing spirit is important for every tracker.
It would be interesting to see a thread like that in a tracker's forum :P

whiteboy
06-14-2009, 08:26 PM

You either sell what you download or do it for fun, no one can watch/use that much shit every month. Plus you must have a shitload of 1TB HDD's.

Night0wl
06-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Don't be narrow minded. Other trackers and sources exist too, remember?
Ftn for example, that's the one I use most.

Oh I get it.. So those TB's of data you made it seem like you uploaded "to help others" they are nonexistant.

Why didn't you mention before this, that you just rape free leech trackers and your massive download habits had zero to do with the 1TB cheated buffer.

You are quite amusing. You know that, right?

whiteboy
06-14-2009, 08:39 PM
don't be narrow minded. Other trackers and sources exist too, remember?
Ftn for example, that's the one i use most.

oh i get it.. So those tb's of data you made it seem like you uploaded "to help others" they are nonexistant.

Why didn't you mention before this, that you just rape free leech trackers and your massive download habits had zero to do with the 1tb cheated buffer.

lmao!! Pwned

susiserken
06-14-2009, 08:46 PM
ratio cheaters are scum end of story!

sez
06-14-2009, 09:09 PM

You either sell what you download or do it for fun, no one can watch/use that much shit every month. Plus you must have a shitload of 1TB HDD's.

i'd go with selling.silvers are big biz,that's the only logical explanation.
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6114/imhugeinchinatshirtp235.jpg

Jezebel
06-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Oh I get it.. So those TB's of data you made it seem like you uploaded "to help others" they are nonexistant.
No you don't get it. And they aren't nonexistant.

Why didn't you mention before this, that you just rape free leech trackers.
Because it has nothing to do with the topic. :)

Yes, I'm aware of it thank you.
I can say the same thing about you. At Bcc your attitude is totally different and your posts are tremendously polite in comparison to here. :lol:

lysine
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Besides the obvious moral side of the question, i haven't seen anyone saying objectively where it hurts the tracker.

the moral side is the only one that is of concern.

it's injecting upload that does not exist into the system. the same thing happens when a tracker sells upload credit to users.

one is permitted, one is not.

Night0wl
06-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, I'm aware of it thank you.
I can say the same thing about you. At Bcc your attitude is totally different and your posts are tremendously polite in comparison to here. :lol:

Maybe check your sources. I am not a member of BCC. Was, but not for several months now. Nor do I want to be.

IdolEyes787
06-14-2009, 11:20 PM
What's BCC?

cinephilia
06-14-2009, 11:25 PM
What's BCC?
http://www.bccforums.org.uk/lgb/page5.html

sear
06-14-2009, 11:42 PM
lmao...I think the real question behind this thread should be is what other nicks does Menteur use.

Nice job at shit stirring very PBesc. So you want to tell us who you 'really' are :P

Roooney
06-14-2009, 11:45 PM
You still haven't reply to my question Menteur: How long do you seed the torrents you download from a tracker you have been cheating on? I bet it's not 1:1, is it?

IdolEyes787
06-14-2009, 11:59 PM
lmao...I think the real question behind this thread should be is what other nicks does Menteur use.

Nice job at shit stirring very PBesc. So you want to tell us who you 'really' are :P

I hate nom de plumes and duplicity in all it's guises even more that I hate a Liar with a Pinocchio nez.
If that's possible.

I assume by PB you mean Peanut Butter ( although Pea Brained may also apply)

I also hate people who think that they are smarter than everyone else and Shia LaBeouf

sear
06-15-2009, 12:12 AM
lol...who's Shia LaBeouf?

EDIT:

never mind I just googled it. I quite liked him in Transformers funny name aside he seems fine what's with the hate?

IdolEyes787
06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
Call me old fashion but I really do hate duplicity .The reason for the rest can be found here .Particularly number deux. (Although it's debatable)

http://www.thereasonformyirrationalhate/com?topic

(http://www.answers.com/topic/humour)

Paracetamol
06-15-2009, 01:02 AM
what's with the hate?

He wants to bang his mom, and that's well beyond creepy.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2009, 01:07 AM
At this moment my Mom's in the hospital maybe never to recover.
Perhaps next time you should consider thinking before opening your mouth.

TP635
06-15-2009, 02:12 AM
If I am a mod here I would just give out his ip to all trackers. This guy is the worst of its kind as far as torrenting is concern.

Night0wl
06-15-2009, 02:25 AM
I think they are ahead of you.. at least some. Way before this thread. Unless I'm highly mistaken who this is.

1000possibleclaws
06-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Cheating basically has the same effect as people using seedboxes to download freeleech packs and then drop then right away because they've made a ratio greater than 1. It's completely inexcusable, and should be dealt with with an ban/ip ban imo. The whole point of a ratio system is to prevent people from getting a free ride on the tails of other users.

edit: I meant ban for cheating, not seedbox usage. sb-ing packs like that isn't very good but as long as the users don't use the buffer's to hit and run it's not a problem.

Paracetamol
06-15-2009, 02:50 AM
At this moment my Mom's in the hospital maybe never to recover.
Perhaps next time you should consider thinking before opening your mouth.

I meant Shia LaBeouf, you dick. How about not being so egocentric? Might help you do your job properly. Perhaps consider not thinking that you are the center of the fucking universe.

Read this (http://showstalker.net/2009/05/shia-labeouf-mother-gossip/) if you can find the time to do so when the sun is not rising and setting on your ass.

IdolEyes787
06-15-2009, 03:13 AM
Perhaps I should air some information that I was given and then maybe you wouldn't be so smug.

And thanks for the concern about my mother .

Skiz
06-15-2009, 03:26 AM
Read this (http://showstalker.net/2009/05/shia-labeouf-mother-gossip/) if you can find the time to do so when the sun is not rising and setting on your ass.

What's that woman doing with Justin Timberlake? :unsure:

Paracetamol
06-15-2009, 05:44 AM
Perhaps I should air some information that I was given and then maybe you wouldn't be so smug.

And thanks for the concern about my mother .

Your mother is not my problem, and if you have something that you want to tell me, my PM box is very nearly empty. Also, thanks for the infraction. I can't say that I really care. Your definition of "hostile posting" is my definition of "how I talk to people I don't know in public." Regardless, the entire thing is your fault for not being able to read.

sez
06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
/nvm...except 4 the douche part

zetah
06-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Cheating is the opposite of Sharing .That's all

Jezebel
06-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Good morning. I see my thread's been filled with spam. Way to go! :)

Why do you want to know my other nicks? Are you trying to get me banned from trackers? :rolleyes:
Also, what is "pbesc"? Can't find it in my dictionary.

Cheating is the opposite of Sharing .That's all
It's far from the opposite. Do you even know what opposite means?

Roooney
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
You still haven't reply to my question Menteur: How long do you seed the torrents you download from a tracker you have been cheating on? I bet it's not 1:1, is it?

Let's try a third time, shall we?

Jezebel
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM

Let's try a third time, shall we?
I intentionally ignored your posts twice since your question has nothing to do with the topic. It's none of your concerns either for that matter.
But this time I will be polite and answer your question to quit your whining.

Q: How long do you seed the torrents you download from a tracker you have been cheating on? I bet it's not 1:1, is it?

A: I seed all torrents exactly 1 minute, then I remove them from my bittorrent client.
No really, it variates. All torrents stays in my bittorrent client until I do something with it.
If I seed a 1080p movie then I keep seeding it until I've watched it, and then I remove it. DVD-r movies keep seeding until I've burned them to dvds etc. Can be hours, can be days, can be weeks - it variates as I mentioned.
And for the 1:1 thing, sometimes I make it, mostly I don't.
Though I always fullfill the minimum seeding time. ;)

IdolEyes787
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Variate is a noun.

This has to do with your post so this is applicable to the topic.

Gutshot
06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Won't hurt it, but do so at your own peril. You can get banned with no chance in hell of returning. It's pretty much like leeching as you've said and you know already that sites that have more leechers then seeders is not a good thing, but it's not something that's out of control for the top rated trackers so it's not really going to hurt them. It pretty much goes down to being unethical.

sear
06-15-2009, 11:41 PM
Why do you want to know my other nicks? Are you trying to get me banned from trackers?.

lol...no I was just curious as to what other nicks you use as clearly this isn't your first account here :shifty:

As for the spam get over it this is FST it's full of spam as I'm sure you know from experience. If I feel like spamming this thread I will unless staff here ask me not to.

Cabalo
06-16-2009, 04:21 AM
he is clearly a dupe account of predateur.

Jezebel
06-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Variate is a noun.

This has to do with your post so this is applicable to the topic.
Fair enough.

he is clearly a dupe account of predateur.
Four of the last letters match, that means I must be predateur.
You're a good detective, Cabalo. :noes:

Why do you want to know my other nicks? Are you trying to get me banned from trackers?.

lol...no I was just curious as to what other nicks you use as clearly this isn't your first account here :shifty:

As for the spam get over it this is FST it's full of spam as I'm sure you know from experience. If I feel like spamming this thread I will unless staff here ask me not to.
You're right, sir. This is not my first account, neither my last one I suppose. I love this forum, but the entire site and its members hate me back so I keep coming here with new accounts every once in a while in attempts to be accepted - but I always manage to mess it up and have everyone hating me sooner or later. :rolleyes:

n00bz0r
06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
can't believe i missed this thread.. :unsure:
Judging by the previous posts of menteur:
If you are really proud of your actions,and willing to defend it to such an extent,in case of being attacked, why did you even bother creating such a thread?
I guess you have started this thread to gather some support from people lame enough to ratio cheat. (The thought of getting banned does perturb ya..doesn't it?)

anyway, back to topic.
Yes, ratio cheating does harm a tracker as cheaters like you can get away after hitting on a torrent, and running away after its done. (With fake upload stats and decreasing a torrent's life)

On the other hand, the peers who join the swarm later have a better chance of getting a 1:1 ratio, coz a lazy douche like you is contented with cheating and falsely upping a TB.

If you can leech a TB in a week (Your download speeds are good, which means your upload speeds have got to be decent enough as well.) and still have to fake your uploaded amount, you are a disgrace to any tracker you are a part of.
Stick to public trackers. :frusty:

darki
06-16-2009, 01:16 PM

well you could leech from a other tracker and seeding a lot on your second tracker. so you don't need to cheat but honestly I am not sure because I like your idea and can't tell you really my opinion. There are some pro and some contra arguments but you shouldn't cheat. try it without cheating and your are secure, I mean you could lose your account and you can't tell a reason like "but I'll help after cheat" you know? I hope you understand me butit was a different idea of cheating on a bitorrent tracker..mosty cheaters are cheating and leeching all the time ..

mrnobody
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
You're right, sir. This is not my first account, neither my last one I suppose. I love this forum, but the entire site and its members hate me back so I keep coming here with new accounts every once in a while in attempts to be accepted - but I always manage to mess it up and have everyone hating me sooner or later. :rolleyes:

http://images.suite101.com/265977_1884_cv.jpg

Roooney
06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, then somethings horribly wrong with you. How do you even manage to get banned several times?
It's like going on a date with a girl, if you do something wrong on the first date you'll learn not to do the same thing next time. But you just keep doing the same wrong thing on every date.
I'd never date you.

Jezebel
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, then somethings horribly wrong with you. How do you even manage to get banned several times?
It's like going on a date with a girl, if you do something wrong on the first date you'll learn not to do the same thing next time. But you just keep doing the same wrong thing on every date.
I'd never date you.
Think outside the box. You can do different mistakes, not the same one all over again. :slap:

n00bz0r
06-16-2009, 03:18 PM

:lol: apt for a thread like this.
http://www.themaddenlab.com/community/images/smilies/lame_ass_thread.gif

Jezebel
06-16-2009, 03:23 PM
I noticed your profile contains a lot of fappin.
You can fap to this thread if you want to.

n00bz0r
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I noticed your profile contains a lot of fappin.
You can fap to this thread if you want to.

its too lame to be of any use for the purpose you just mentioned.. :pinch:

:snooty:

DonkeyPacker
06-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Ratio Cheating itself does not, it is the leeching that does. Usually the leeching is counteracted by the seeding but in the case of Ratio Cheating there is generally little seeding done and it is thus counterproductive.

Even on "No Ratio" sites Ratio Cheating is counterproductive because it these sites generally function based on upload and Ratio Cheating makes a mockery of systems such as the Userclass, Invite, and Forum systems.

The general mindset of people is to contribute enough to the site to "even out" what you take. Ratio Cheating provides a means to get around that.

sear
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM

lol...good answer at least you're honest. I'm thinking you're either Pablo or Zaa.

n00bz0r
06-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Ratio Cheating itself does not, it is the leeching that does. Usually the leeching is counteracted by the seeding but in the case of Ratio Cheating there is generally little seeding done and it is thus counterproductive.

Even on "No Ratio" sites Ratio Cheating is counterproductive because it these sites generally function based on upload and Ratio Cheating makes a mockery of systems such as the Userclass, Invite, and Forum systems.

The general mindset of people is to contribute enough to the site to "even out" what you take. Ratio Cheating provides a means to get around that.
Agreed.
PS: This nick, and the underlying motive of choosing it, seems eerily familiar. If my brain is cooperating with me willingly, without the required dose of caffeine, welcome aboard mate!

lol...good answer at least you're honest. I'm thinking you're either Pablo or Zaa.
hell yeah..he is honest!
about multiple accounts, ratio cheating, and most importantly.. his LOVE for FST. :fst:

sez
06-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Since this thread,i have done some research into this stuff and came to a couple of conclusions.Ratio cheating is very much equivalent to hacking into a tracker(hard to explain,sort of like virgin conception)and if trackers don't pay attention,alot more malicious innovations are set to come out of what's already there.

Just like carding people like pablo get into this not to stay, but after uploading 500TB out of nothing on their test site <read demonoid>curiousity has the best of them and they soon choose to take their game to higher risk playing fields.Soon it becomes a trade too addictive to get out of but rather a game of conquering.So don't believe them when they tell you of a reformed ratio cheat,its a myth.

few leechers,but the staff are dull heads so go ahead.200kb should be fine
^^a ratioless tracker of 800 at time of counsel.

flash uploaded 15gb (10sec).4 days ago and not banned
same place as above.

And there were alot more similar confessions of places you wouldn't have typically been groomed to believe harbored such people.So tracker staff too i feel ought to be a little more alert or at least ditch the fossil scripts they are running for the new bling bling :P(and if its the coders who are getting rusty,then go the what.cd way and enroll them in an online college)

Notes:
ratio cheating just like the volkswagen was invented in germany.
money can buy anything,including the databases at SB and **** forumer.
vuze is the prefered torrent client by ratio cheats coz of its extensive mod capabilities(banned or least recommended at most places that am at)
I just can't figure why they are so loyal to one another.

my 2cents..

realityhd
06-17-2009, 04:42 AM
There should be a punkbuster for trackers.

TinkerBell
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
I've heard about all the reasons behind this and cheating is totally wrong. I actually heard a decent excuse once that I would like to share. At one time most sites where only based on ratio. Quote, " I have to cheat to survive at this site or be banned. With all the seed boxes it makes it impossible to keep a good ratio. If I could afford a seedbox I wouldn't do this in the first place." But now most trackers have a seed for a certain period of time based on how much you've uploaded. Which in my opinion eliminates the need to cheat. I also believe that if you need to cheat at a site, then maybe the site is to much for you to handle and you should find a site like mentioned above. Example there is no way to survive on bitmetv without a seedbox, so if you don't have one simply get tvtorrents.

F-Sicx
06-17-2009, 05:01 PM
what do you really think is the answer to this thread?

sear
06-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Example there is no way to survive on bitmetv without a seedbox, so if you don't have one simply get tvtorrents.

That's not true it's possible to survive on any site without a seedbox if you're smart about how you download when you first join up. I've never used a seed box and get along fine with my slow upload speed.

Jezebel
06-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Example there is no way to survive on bitmetv without a seedbox, so if you don't have one simply get tvtorrents.

That's not true it's possible to survive on any site without a seedbox
Not on seedbox-only trackers. :P

sear
06-18-2009, 12:10 AM
No I suppose that's true though I've never actually heard of one. Have you?

Jezebel
06-18-2009, 12:17 AM
No I suppose that's true though I've never actually heard of one. Have you?
When PTN was new people said it was a seedbox-only tracker, that was just hype unless it really was one in their early days.
But still, I heard of one. :P

zagi82
06-18-2009, 12:22 AM

Hell no. It's possible, I've never use seedbox and I don't have problems with ratio there, and some similar sites to BMTV, despite my slow connection.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/498159958.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Why you say so?? You want make excuse for people who cheat because they don't have seedboxes??

On every single site it's possible to survive, without boxes and without cheating. But one thing is important: you really have to want it.

r_black
06-18-2009, 04:09 AM
I have left my app open and seeding on a particular tracker for a whole week while I was abroad. When I came back in the country, my torrent app said I upped about 4GB per day for 7 days, which is about 28GB. The tracker, to this day, said I have uploaded 1GB and downloaded 5GB.

I'm not sure if I did a reverse cheat or wtf happened, but I still (thankfully) have not been banned, but my numbers simply do not show up anymore no matter how much I down or up.

RedRansom
06-18-2009, 10:45 AM
some ppl dont survive even have seedbox lol i know a few of my friends just join the tracker when sign ups open and they downloaded crazily and when i tell about keep a good ratio hard at there they just kidding me and i said oki do what you know after that both them banned for low ratio lol cuz the tracker uploaders dont even getting 3 ratio when uploading 720p tv show(one epps like prison break) about bitmetv keep a good ratio hard cuz ever1 have a decent connection and if you notice when 850-900 ppl snatched the torrent there is 950-1000 seeders(re-seeding)
It was hard to survive at there when i had seedbox as well but i was filling request but one of their mod gave me a pointless warning and i stopped the filling request but it was good to make someone happy and put a smiley to them face...
After got 0-day scene tracker and free pack honestly i understood no need to bitmetv generally but it is good tracker with decent speeds...
About cheating bitmetv has a great cheater script as well maybe this is the best part of their and "staff" ...
and about topic cheating is not all about ratio or not i think cheater only think they are clever and dont want to throw out cash $ and they dont want to keep on pc 7/24 especially for seeding they are just leeching...
So yea cheating is really hurt the tracker and about cheating and ip ban(whole or a part 'range' banning) some trackers staff members banning ranges and who country cuz most ppl just talking about how to cheating on tracker on im contact and mocking about tracker and how to pass the tracker this is another story like seedbox users and e-penises...
if i were a staff member on a tracker(i already been lol ) i never banned someone only for low ratio if he/she is keeping seeding with low connection as well...
I saw a few member who keeping seeding over months the files with the low connection...
low connection is really doesntmatter if he/she will keep seed a long time how many ppl keep seeding files on seedboxes some of them just renting 1 months and after got decent ratio just hit and running then this who have low connection is helping more than a seedbox user ;-)
Another funny story is about cheaters who have seedboxes already lol i would tell about this too but look like i typed long enough for today ....

no_more_tears
07-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Besides the obvious moral side of the question, i haven't seen anyone saying objectively where it hurts the tracker.it's injecting upload that does not exist into the system. the same thing happens when a tracker sells upload credit to users.

one is permitted, one is not.
Laws are written from people with power. It's like the credit system. When you get credit money comes from nothing. They are not existant. But after you get them to buy something you pay with interest and this all goes to people that are on top of this cycle :/

We are slaves to law. Nobody can tell if this is wrong or right that's for sure

Tutela
07-07-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont really know much about this sort of stuff, but really as I see it, its their tracker, tehy can tell us what to do. If they want us to download ten GB a week then so be it, tis their site, their rules, if we dont like it we dont have to use the site, no?

lisabritpop
07-09-2009, 04:11 AM
In my Opinion,it is unfair for the normal member

sez
07-09-2009, 09:55 AM
In my Opinion,it is unfair for the normal member

Oh k...how about the crazy members :wacko:

Whatever4m
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
There's only 1 thing 2 say....

if u use ratio cheeting I don't think u deserve 2 be a torrenter cuz u simply ignored its basic rule; SHARING!

it doesn't matter if it causes any damage 2 the tracker or not!

Brenya
07-14-2009, 02:18 PM
http://azureuswiki.com/index.php?title=User:The8472/Private_trackers#Overseeding

Too much sharing (seeding) hurts users because it is unfair to newcomers. Too much cheating (leeching) hurts users because it creates poor speeds and dead torrents.

Leeching would be healthy for the tracker if it ameliorates the issues of widespread over-seeding. However, to take it upon oneself to cure the tracker of its ailment assume the rewards of doing such is extremely narcissistic.

Vigilantes should be punished, not justified. The people pay the government to represent and protect them - not you. You have an issue with the state of affairs - legislate. This is no comic book. You are no hero. Good day, kind sir.

QPD
07-14-2009, 07:45 PM
on a specific tracker I upload 1 tb A DAY ;)

mievmo
07-14-2009, 09:29 PM
He isn't serious... OFC it does.. !!!

QPD
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
He isn't serious... OFC it does.. !!!

what do you mean?

cinephilia
07-15-2009, 10:43 PM
tbh, no one cares..

ashaw
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
It may not hurt the tracker but it hurts the community built arround the tracker,this makes everyone have problems.

The_Martinator
07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
tbh, no one cares..

Not true!!!!!one!!one!!111one

You is leet! I bow to you!! :cool:

Qlix
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
This is a hard subject. Naturally I am against cheating the ratio system. But if and how much damage it actually does is a harder question. I think we can all agree on one thing... It's morally wrong and it shows disrespect to the site the person cheats on.

Does it harm the site in other ways?
Well... If everyone would cheat our private trackers wouldn't be as good as they are.

If a person cheats let's say 5 TB on his ratio but seeds as long as the other people without using an application such as NetLimiter I would actually say... No. In that case it does no real damage. It could even encourage people into leeching torrents (Many new sites have problems with that). If they would also keep seeding for a long time - they would still handle it good. Looking at it that way, though, it's unfair for the people that actually has to work hard to get Promoted or get to the Top 10 list.

It may hurt the site. It may also profit the site.
Is it ever morally correct? No. Absolutely not.

My final saying would be, I am against ratio cheating. Don't do it. If you want a good ratio and have a lame home connection, buy a seedbox. They are not really expensive.

Roooney
07-17-2009, 01:30 PM
I don't understand why people would cheat in any way, that goes with trading, ratiocheating, dupe accounts, NetLimiter etc... What happened to "Sharing is Caring"?

I really don't understand these guys:(
I have seeded some torrents from trackers like Waffles and Bitme for over 14 weeks. As long as you don't delete the files after you are finished with it I don't see what harm it could do to just keep the torrent active for that long.
Most guys have enough HDD space to keep torrents alive for a long time.
I would suggest everyone to start using "Label" in uTorrent, it's a great way to sort your torrents. Create a label called "long seed" or something. I did that a long time ago and I've forgotten how many torrents I actually seed because of that.

Amber
07-17-2009, 07:57 PM
IMO ratiocheating is a bad thing, you cheat to get more ratio to keep up your downloading.

Cabalo
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM
IMO ratiocheating is a bad thing, you cheat to get more ratio to keep up your downloading.
bravo sherlock ! :clap:

cinephilia
07-17-2009, 11:20 PM
nice deduction indeed :yup:

Qlix
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
I agree it's bad. But if no ratio cheating means no leechers then it also means no seeder. That equals a dead tracker. It happens everyday these days -.-

07-18-2009, 01:17 AM
yea, lets all ratio cheat, then we wont have to seed, then when we go to download a file.... wait wtf, where are all the seeders!??!!?

think about it for more then 1 minute and take your greed out of the equation and you'll realize ratio cheating by enough members will kill the amount of seeders, when that happens people stop using the site, stop donating, and the site dies. ratio cheating is terrible for any site and anyone with a different outlook is just ignorant. im usually all for differing opinions but this is like trying to argue that 2 plus 2 doesnt equal 4, you'll end up looking dumb. and in this case you'll also end up banned for your stupidity.

pen15
07-18-2009, 11:41 AM
It makes the trackers stats look better so I couldn't see how it would hurt.