PDA

View Full Version : whats the lowest price for 1giga dedicated seedbox u can find out there?

invitemaster
06-14-2009, 01:07 PM
well as the question goes i want a 1gbps not shared and wondering how low in price i can find it willing to settle maybe for shared 1giga if there are only 2 users on it or the most 3
if anyone can recommend me one let me know

Valoo
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
I assume you speak about 1gbps of speed ?
You have OVH and Hosting-IE which offer 1gbps dedicated servers.
I think various resellers offer shared 1 gbps, but they don't always specify how many people are on each servers, you have to ask them.

invitemaster
06-14-2009, 01:20 PM
u know of any good resellers :)?
u can recommend me and typically there usually 6 users on 1 giga right?

xirvflux
06-14-2009, 01:58 PM
well as the question goes i want a 1gbps not shared and wondering how low in price i can find it willing to settle maybe for shared 1giga if there are only 2 users on it or the most 3
if anyone can recommend me one let me know

Hi,

If you want a gigabit server with only 2-3 users the best option is to get a dedicated server yourself and find someone else to share the cost.

A gigabit server split between say 3 people is not going to give you a lot more performance that a 100 Mbit/s server unshared, so people usually prefer to go solo in a 100 Mbit/s :-)

We (xirvik) have gigabit servers, by the way.

invitemaster
06-14-2009, 05:15 PM
hmm so best bet is to buy a seedbox that's a 100mbit pro or unmetered that probably costs more then regular 100mbit seedbox any recommendations for a good one?thats not shared

xirvflux
06-14-2009, 07:06 PM
hmm so best bet is to buy a seedbox that's a 100mbit pro or unmetered that probably costs more then regular 100mbit seedbox any recommendations for a good one?thats not shared

If you want that you are going to pay a lot more for premium bandwidth - and it's not worth it at all. There are so many seedboxes in the datacenters these days that just with local traffic you can easily max out the 100 Mbit/s.

seedhost-net
06-14-2009, 07:10 PM
we at seedhost.net offer Shared 1Gbit plans, our 1Gbit is not OVH, it is real 1Gbit Server, you get 400gb and 20 torrents for 50euro month, the box is shared btween 3 customers only.

manu1991
06-15-2009, 02:17 AM
You must understand that if you buy a cheap 1 G/s dedi , the hardware will be compromised , as a result the HDD wont keep up with the speed and there will be low RAM leading to memory errors , I suggest you go in for one of OVH's offerings which come with a 200 mbps OVH to internet link

invitemaster
06-16-2009, 02:09 PM
well u know of any resellers of server.lu u know that set up your box and everything?and im talking about 100m this time

manu1991
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
There is fastsh.it , Xirvik also has server.lu plans AFAIK , however keep in mind that their service is very unresponsive , if something goes wrong you will have to run after them )talking about server.lu , not the resellers)

FransTormer
06-17-2009, 02:11 PM
You must understand that if you buy a cheap 1 G/s dedi , the hardware will be compromised , as a result the HDD wont keep up with the speed and there will be low RAM leading to memory errors , I suggest you go in for one of OVH's offerings which come with a 200 mbps OVH to internet link
Really? Just cough up the $$$ for the hardware-based RAID-controller, config it to RAID0 (not secure for data) and you should easily be able to reach 128MB/s when keeping in mind blocksize and such...

Yet, for a dedi-machine, I think 4GB RAM, a recent CPU and at least 2 SATA-disks in RAID0 are the minimum specs needed.