PDA

View Full Version : Seedbox with Windows, Would you prefer it ?

seedhost-net
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi guys,
i would like to figure out what you think about Windows Seedbox,
would you prefer having Windows over Linux ?, Would you mind pay extra 5euro/month just to have Windows or you would just stick to linux to cut prices ?

Waiting for your replies

F3n1x
06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
linux if harware sucks. if not windows was cool. there's no need for ultra-1337-pwnage of unix stability of debian etc for a simple seedbox.

Noom
06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
i want seedbox windows and i will pay 5 euro for it ,,

but where can i find it ?

canopus
06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
never

seedplace
06-17-2009, 09:35 PM
seedhost i think that you forgot something.
You do realize that windows web edition can only handle 1 connection at a time.
That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect.

seedhost-net
06-17-2009, 09:39 PM
I haven't forget anything,

That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect.

Valoo
06-17-2009, 11:42 PM
I only choose linux not because of some ideology, but because it's cheaper and better to run some clients like rtorrent and the very promising Deluge. It also supports in µTorrent in very good condition.

manu1991
06-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Linux is way better

FransTormer
06-18-2009, 05:12 AM
Think you need to rethink your phrases... Web Edition has indeed got 1 RDP-connection but then again, it was never meant to be used in a multi-user environment. I have to disagree on "can only handle 1 connection at a time" since that might confuse people on the connections made from/to the internet with FTP/HTTP/P2P and so on.:)

/edit: just digging in my memory; wasn't Microsoft supplying 2 administrative logins per server-edition? Or has that changed between Server 2003 and Server 2008? Despite that, an administrative login is not actually to be used for user-based operations (like running torrents) but still...

seedplace
06-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Think you need to rethink your phrases... Web Edition has indeed got 1 RDP-connection but then again, it was never meant to be used in a multi-user environment. I have to disagree on "can only handle 1 connection at a time" since that might confuse people on the connections made from/to the internet with FTP/HTTP/P2P and so on.:)

/edit: just digging in my memory; wasn't Microsoft supplying 2 administrative logins per server-edition? Or has that changed between Server 2003 and Server 2008? Despite that, an administrative login is not actually to be used for user-based operations (like running torrents) but still...

I also said
"That means that when 1 user is connected the other one won't be able to connect"
I didn't meant through ftp or http but using remote desktop connection

seedhost-net
06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
OR you can have MASTER MACHINE(Windows 2003 Server) with Virtuozzo and 4 Windows VPS machines, each VPS gets his RDP and his own ip, raid0 and gbit port, obviously you can't do that in OVH, we for our luck don't work only with OVH...,

seedplace
06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah and that is called VPS