View Full Version : Files With "sharereactor" "razor911"...extension

xxkazaaliteuserxx
09-28-2003, 01:46 AM
"Deviance.ShareReactor", "Fairlight.ShareReactor", "Razor911"
I wondering where those files with these extension come from,
any1 has any idea pleas let me know, thankz alot

TwIzTiD Juggalo
09-28-2003, 01:50 AM
there release groups that leak game/software.
(would that be the right way to put it?)

Octopussy
09-28-2003, 01:59 AM
how do they "leak" the game do they like work for the company and then backstab them and put the game online?

TwIzTiD Juggalo
09-28-2003, 02:21 AM
well maybe not leak in all cases. halo for example i guess you would say is leaked since it isnt "officially" out in stores but the full version is out to download. and the beta was out also. but others games that are already released i guess u would just say there a release by that group, i dont know what else to call it just a "release" ;) as for how its done, i dont exactly know everyone has there ways i would imagine.

junkyardking
09-28-2003, 02:21 AM
Deviance and Fairlight are groups that crack the protection and leak games before there official release e.g. they get advance copys from people in the industry or from employees in cd pressing plants.

Sharereactor is a site for the edonley/emule network they get these releases usally from IRC then apply the sites name, some groups are asocited with the site most are not.

The site http://www.sharereactor.com is one of the best out there with hashes for everything from games, movies, tv and so on.
But you will need a program like emule or shareaza to use the hashes, i myself prefer shareaza :D

TwIzTiD Juggalo
09-28-2003, 02:55 AM
well put i was at a loss for words i guess lol

Monkeee
09-28-2003, 02:58 AM
fairlight is my favorite :rolleyes:

brax
09-28-2003, 04:29 AM
dont forget about good ol class and backlash

Rip The Jacker
09-28-2003, 06:04 AM
Yeah class and backlash are groups that release rips of games, for 56kers.

xxkazaaliteuserxx
09-28-2003, 07:03 AM
like u say, there some group tat release rip games, so were can i find them, and do i hav to pay 4 them or just free stuff?

Monkeee
09-28-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by xxkazaaliteuserxx@28 September 2003 - 07:03
like u say, there some group tat release rip games, so were can i find them, and do i hav to pay 4 them or just free stuff?
of course you dont have to pay :P just search the games on kazaa and you might find it

junkyardking
09-28-2003, 08:12 AM
I found downloading games off kazaa is a bad idea as they get corrupted especially Cd images, use a program like bittorent or shareaza.

Also using verefied hashes for programs like shareaza and emule is far better than searching were you get alot of fakes.

Wolfmight
09-28-2003, 03:21 PM
I agree. those peice download programs has ultimate curruption fixing support cause they have a huge instruction set that tells them what peices are needed for the whole puzzle to be 100% complete... i.e the file. When 1 peice is currupt.. it redownloads it! :D never got a currupted file off bittorrent or emule yet

3RA1N1AC
09-28-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Octopussy@27 September 2003 - 17:59
how do they "leak" the game do they like work for the company and then backstab them and put the game online?
they have "sources"-- like people who work for game shops, warehouses, distributors, etc who steal a copy of the game before the release date and then provide it to them for hacking. if they can't get it before the release date, sometimes they have to wait for the game to come out and then they just buy a copy and hack it.