PDA

View Full Version : what the best way to clean the inside of your computer?

dr jones
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
just wondering what the best way to clean the inside of your computer?

Barbarossa
06-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Remove the case, then soak in a deep bath of warm soapy water for about 30 minutes.

Rub dry with a luxuorious woollen towel, and then liberally apply talcum powder and essential oils.

IdolEyes787
06-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I prefer a power washer myself.Gets into the nooks and crannies better.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-hardware-24/t-whats-best-thing-clean-you-pc-out-with-300595 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t-whats-best-thing-clean-you-pc-out-with-300595)

Skiz
06-18-2009, 12:50 PM
People clean their computers? :unsure:

clocker
06-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Don't clean, replace.

dr jones
06-18-2009, 01:12 PM
my computer was acting weird these couple of days,my computer screens was going black then coming back on
i ask around and people said that i have to clean the inside of my computer to fix that problem
i grab a few tissues and where i saw dust i wipe it off
is this the right thing to do ?

Barbarossa
06-18-2009, 01:15 PM
Did you ever consider you might need a new monitor?

dr jones
06-18-2009, 01:32 PM
yes i did,well i had this monitor since 03,should i get a new 1 ?

Barbarossa
06-18-2009, 01:37 PM
You should at least entertain the possibility that there might be a fault with the monitor, or a fault with the graphics card in the PC, before pointing the unwavering finger of blame at an innocent layer of dust.

Remove the case, then soak in a deep bath of warm soapy water for about 30 minutes.

Rub dry with a luxuorious woollen towel, and then liberally apply talcum powder and essential oils.

Oh, before I forget. DON'T DO THIS, it was only a joke.

You'll understand that I felt the need to clarify this, yeah, and no hard feelings. :wacko:

dr jones
06-18-2009, 01:43 PM
You should at least entertain the possibility that there might be a fault with the monitor, or a fault with the graphics card in the PC, before pointing the unwavering finger of blame at an innocent layer of dust.

Oh, before I forget. DON'T DO THIS, it was only a joke.

You'll understand that I felt the need to clarify this, yeah, and no hard feelings. :wacko:

yes i know that was a joke

how do i check if it is the monitors fault or a fault with the graphics card in the pc

Barbarossa
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
1. Try this monitor on another PC.
2. Try another monitor on this PC.

Whichever one still has the fault.... that's it.

dr jones
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
ok will do,thnks for the help :)

Villalltheway
06-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I actually did the one thing u not supposed to do and just used a vacum cleaner, but got lucky had no problem with it after. But been told best to use a air compressor:pinch:.

lynx
06-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I actually did the one thing u not supposed to do and just used a vacum cleaner, but got lucky had no problem with it after. But been told best to use a air compressor.
Yes, and make sure you aim it at all the fans, so they spin super fast and throw all the dust off. It won't do the bearings any harm at all, honest. :shifty:

Oh, just thought, did you mean dropping a compressor on the computer? Well I suppose that will loosen any stubborn dust. :pinch:

FR33D
06-19-2009, 05:46 AM
i think since you have your monitor
since 2003
you most consider you buy another one

saulin
06-20-2009, 06:57 AM
i think since you have your monitor
since 2003
you most consider you buy another one

LOL

I have this beast as my main monitor

http://www.amazon.com/NEC-MultiSync-FE950-Totally-Monitor/dp/B00005RCUB

I think it's older, from 2001; but looks better than the LCD I have and any LCD I have tried. I love some CRT Monitors, some of them have amazing picture quality. Very high refresh rates too, they just are not 16x9 though. I also have NEC Multisync FE791SB but it seems too small to use. It's 17". It has better picture than my 19" though and I had the Samsung SyncMaster 700NF which had such beautiful picture. It died a couple of years ago :(

xuxoxux
06-23-2009, 04:36 AM
I actually did the one thing u not supposed to do and just used a vacum cleaner, but got lucky had no problem with it after. But been told best to use a air compressor.
Yes, and make sure you aim it at all the fans, so they spin super fast and throw all the dust off. It won't do the bearings any harm at all, honest. :shifty:

Oh, just thought, did you mean dropping a compressor on the computer? Well I suppose that will loosen any stubborn dust. :pinch:

I hope he meant the former.....well, if he picks the latter, I hope he records it and posts it online.

Seriously, air compressor is, in my humble opinion, the best and easiest way to clean the inside of your computer.

Mike01
07-01-2009, 06:22 AM
You must remove the case and then is simple...

kooftspc11
07-01-2009, 08:34 AM
broom works pretty well

apextwin146
07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Yeah piss poor tribals like kooftspc11 use a broom to clean the inside of their PC ..
how big is ur cabinet anyways or u just put everything inside a hollow tree log

lynx
07-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Remember to soak your hard drive in vinegar.

Everyone knows a little vinegar makes windows sparkle.

kooftspc11
07-01-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah piss poor tribals like kooftspc11 use a broom to clean the inside of their PC ..
how big is ur cabinet anyways or u just put everything inside a hollow tree log

yo slumdog...oops i mean john smith from india

get your ass back to tech support

S!X
07-04-2009, 12:09 AM
LOL

I have this beast as my main monitor

http://www.amazon.com/NEC-MultiSync-FE950-Totally-Monitor/dp/B00005RCUB

I think it's older, from 2001; but looks better than the LCD I have and any LCD I have tried. I love some CRT Monitors, some of them have amazing picture quality. Very high refresh rates too, they just are not 16x9 though. I also have NEC Multisync FE791SB but it seems too small to use. It's 17". It has better picture than my 19" though and I had the Samsung SyncMaster 700NF which had such beautiful picture. It died a couple of years ago :(

I'm going to assume you've adapted mole eyes from staring at that beast for 8 years. :mellow:

dr jones
07-10-2009, 12:10 PM

well i did what you wrote,the problem didn't happen when i put my monitor to another computer or i put my computer to another monitor,what is wrong with my computer

need some pro people help :(

Cabalo
07-10-2009, 12:21 PM
this is how i usually do:

http://9gag.com/photo/3785_full.jpg

It's very important you unplug it from the wall, and the water to be very cold. :yup:

Appzalien
07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Open the PC, removing the cover. Place the cover is a safe storage compartment and attach the PC case to the floor of the spacecraft inside of the pressure chamber. Close the inner chamber door and open the outer doors. the resulting depressurization of the pressure chamber will force all of the dust and dirt out into space. Close the outer doors and don't forget to repressurize before you retrieve your PC.

jvanph
07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Can of compressed air.

TorrentMaster9
08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
hmm the last time used a vacuum cleaner to clean the processor fans(the holes between the processor and the fan), the pc was shutting down by overheating -,.-. But a guy told me the best way is with a wet towel while the pc is working on. regards

tesco
08-14-2009, 07:48 PM
hmm the last time used a vacuum cleaner to clean the processor fans(the holes between the processor and the fan), the pc was shutting down by overheating -,.-. But a guy told me the best way is with a wet towel while the pc is working on. regards
Why on? :blink:

Humble Pie Rat
08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I've used vacuum cleaners before to clean dust off my laptop around the gaps and stuff but of course I'm extremely careful and gentle about it so no loose parts such as a key from the keyboard, will get sucked in :D

I've used compressed air before too of course, but I've seen the ones used by computer repairmen. Those are the real monsters that will clean off everything.... doubt the normal cans we can get in the shops can do as good a job,

MagnaZombie
08-21-2009, 11:07 PM
I actually did the one thing u not supposed to do and just used a vacum cleaner, but got lucky had no problem with it after. But been told best to use a air compressor:pinch:.

I have an air compressor at my house, and we have a little attachment on the end like a gun. You pull the trigger and bursts of strong air come out. Great for cleaning laptop fans and little cracks, etc.

GamesoulMaster
08-22-2009, 05:21 AM
I use both a can of compressed air and a vacuum cleaner. Obviously I don't stick the vacuum hose way in there, but just far enough out to catch the dust being blown around with the compressed air. Nice when you can't take the computer outside (due to weather conditions).

well i did what you wrote,the problem didn't happen when i put my monitor to another computer or i put my computer to another monitor,what is wrong with my computer

need some pro people help :(

Wow guys, great tech help... LOL.

@Dr Jones: This problem you're having... is the screen just going black (but monitor still on with signal), is it going black but losing signal (if your monitor says when it has no signal, which most do), or is it actually shutting off?

Also, how often and how long does this happen?

And how long did you test the other monitor on the computer, and the current monitor on a different computer (basically, did you give it enough time for something to go wrong like it normally does)?

Did you use the same monitor cord for all your testing? If you did use the same cord, try using a different cord to see if that helps. If you didn't use the same cord, test the cord with other combinations of monitors and computers.

Do you have an integrated graphics chip, or a dedicated graphics card? Whichever one you have, try using the other to see if the problem still persists.

Are there any particular times that this happens, or does it seem to be completely random? As in, are you doing anything on the computer when it happens, or maybe some piece of hardware is moving (like the monitor cord, monitor, etc)?