PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Xirvik recommends it ??

tjbzonasul
06-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I am thinking about using that service, but still would like to hear sincere comments/ opinions from you all if the service is good.
Thank you !

tjbzonasul
06-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Is it this bad that no one says a word about it ?

NesteaZen
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
lol xD

FransTormer
06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Xirvik is a regular advertiser, has gotten a few reviews and most certainly can be found by search/browse in this subforum.

xirvflux
06-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Is it this bad that no one says a word about it ?

It just that this forum has just a very few regulars. I didn't want to answer your post as it usually annoys me when I ask about a service and I get pseudospam from the service provider :-)

All I will say about us is that we have weekly plans so you can test our services for cheap :-)

I'll also add that if someone was unhappy they would be quick to post :-)

smcewa11
06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I had a 24 hour trial of a shared box and uploaded almost 200gb. Bought a month on the strength of this and it was a good purchase for me.

r_black
06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I have been using it for about 5 days now, and I recommend it.
Support is excellent, speeds are faaaast. Not sure what else is needed. What got me to use Xirvik was that they accepted moneybookers, which is much faster for me to get money on than any other online payment option.

I have a dedi though. Also, bear in mind that I am a n00b to seedboxes, but even so I do feel I got what I paid for, and I'm happy.

lion24
06-21-2009, 01:01 PM
I had taken the $5 one week plan, and I'm very satisfied with it. Uploaded about 100gb on each of the 4-5 sites that I use, and I didn't use the seedbox much.

hannerbananers
07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
i plan on trying the raio saving plan for a week as well! hopefully the speeds will be good! espeically upload

BethCooper
07-18-2009, 11:55 AM
I have been using them a couple of times now, both times very good speeds, excellent support and I would highly recomend them, I will continue using them for a long time to come.

elvis1
07-24-2009, 04:03 AM
I had a 24 hour trial of a shared box and uploaded almost 200gb. Bought a month on the strength of this and it was a good purchase for me.

WOW I guess I am starting to like them.

To the OP: do you ask about their management services or about their products?
;)

teamlam
07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
meeh i used it...got the 1 week shared plan with 75 gb 100/100..speeds werne't that great...max i got on private trackers wwas like 5mb/s down and barely 1mb up...swithcing to seedplace now

xirvflux
07-25-2009, 07:11 AM
meeh i used it...got the 1 week shared plan with 75 gb 100/100..speeds werne't that great...max i got on private trackers wwas like 5mb/s down and barely 1mb up...swithcing to seedplace now

Surely you noticed that you could change the upload speed, didn't you? The default is 1 MB/s to prevent wildly popular torrents from starving others... but you can change it to no limit if needed.

r_black
07-25-2009, 01:35 PM

On private trackers I routinely hit the 10MB (that's a capital B) ceiling with the smallest dedibox.

Only way for xirvik to become better is if we get some sort of server side extra's, such as remote desktopping, server-side unraring, mirc or xchat installed, usenet client and so on. As is, they are truly excellent imo, but they are the first (and until now only) I tried so I have nothing to compare with.

Yeah yeah, I know, but at least we can get the server side unraring? (And a usenet client?)

xirvflux
07-25-2009, 11:55 PM
Only way for xirvik to become better is if we get some sort of server side extra's, such as remote desktopping, server-side unraring,

If you want remote desktop in your dedicated server you can have it, as long as you understand the implications :-)

Server side unraring is enabled too :-) (unless disabled in some server for some reason, but I can't remember that). Contact us if needed.

Thanks for your feedback, by the way, really appreciated :-)

includao
08-02-2009, 06:16 AM
I recommend Xirvik. This is my second seedbox. I decided to get a dedicated one. The support is almost 24/7, answers almost immediately by MSN. The speeds are awesome, I'm constantly getting 11.5/12 mb/s maxed out on good trackers.

Any question regarding opinions about their services: [email protected]

Pocatello
08-05-2009, 08:18 PM
I bought a seedbox last week. It got set up on Friday afternoon. I went with Xirvik.com.

I decided on Xirvik based upon the generally good reviews here at this site as well as at other filesharing sites.

I am very happy with Xirvik.com. I have no complaints.

I got a "personal" dedicated seedbox. Unlimited transfers up and down. I have uploaded a terabyte since last Friday... a total of about 4.5 days. My personal stats page at one private tracker has improved from 1.10 to 1.45. This is a big deal to me because I always felt limited in what I could download because I could never upload as fast as my download. (My d/l speeds is 5mb, while upload is capped at 500kb.)

One thing I did not do is download "popular" torrents to my seedbox just so I could improve my ratio. I have limited my downloads to data that I want to keep. So I have been rather picky about what torrents to download.

On another site I improved my ratio from 0.96 to 1.06. All of these changes have happened in 4.5 days of torrenting. On both of these private trackers I had downloaded more than a terabyte of data. So to improve my ratio so dramatically is pretty cool!

Am I happy with Xirvik.com? Yes, very much so.

Their software is easy for me to use. I am using the Torrent Flux B4RT. It does everything that I could ask for.

Access to the server via FTP was easy as well. I downloaded some free FTP software and had no issues. I had never used FTP before and it worked fine.

What kind of speeds have I got? Well, keeping in mind what I said above about not intentionally going after lots of new torrents... I have had FTP speeds of 250kb and torrent uploads of between 2mb and 8mb. The highest was 8mb up and 2mb down at the same time. Typical speeds for me are around 3mb uploading.

I registered and posted here so others can know how easy all of this really is. This is my first seedbox and I am quite happy.

I plan to run this seedbox for at least 3 months. I really like freeing up my home internet connection so that I do not have sucky speeds for me and my family when gaming and surfing the web. Maxing out my upload at home was easy to do and it really effected me and my family.

Best of luck with your seedbox. I hope that Xirvik.com lives long and prospers.