PDA

View Full Version : Any of you ever had Dislodged Collarbone for breakfast?

100%
06-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Stupid ladybitch opened her car door, so i had no other choice than to bike into it, fly over it and not land on my feet.

Bone was sticking up 2cm... sexy
The only image you will ever see of me.
http://g.imagehost.org/0532/fff.png

Any of you experienced dislodged collarbone (grade 3) and if so does the future look bright?
Will i have endless chiropractor bills and will my wife have to do all the heavy lifting for the rest of my life?

http://f.imagehost.org/0237/shoulder_acromioclavicular_separation_intro01.jpg
:01::pinch:

Something Else
06-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Damn Zed. That's harsh. I'm sure it'll fix up in thyme mate.

Skweeky
06-19-2009, 12:13 PM
My sister broke both her collar bones when she was 14. She was in agony for weeks and it took a few years to recover. Turned out later she has Bechterev's disease though ( similar to spondilitis), so that couldn't have helped.

And that was 30 years ago, so I'm sure medical science has come on a bit since then.

Good luck with that!

Cabalo
06-19-2009, 03:53 PM
i suffered the same around 9 years ago, and after some physio things went back to place.
the problem is that i can never push so much heavy weights as before, and the practice of some violent sports is a no-no. I practiced Judo back then, and it was the end of it.
still to this day i have the feeling that the arm is not the same since that happened.

Barbarossa
06-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I've never ever broken a bone in my body, as far as I know.

Skweeky
06-19-2009, 05:15 PM
I've never ever broken a bone in my body, as far as I know.

pussy :P

I never broke one either.

100%
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Thanks for replies.
Skweeks - i think breaking the bone would be better than dislodging it, as they say, the bone gets stronger after a break and joints never heal the same. sorry to hear about your sis.

Cabalo - thanks, you just got me terminally depressed.
Is there anything you found out later that could prevent long term effects, eg doing more pysio, chiropactor etc?
Would you have done an operation if you could go back?
It seems they instantly operate on prof athletes, yet not on civilians. There seems to be alot of pros and cons about operating and not operating.

The web info is equally as realistic as what caballo wrote, in some cases worse.

The accident happened 2 days ago and the doctor said merely here is a strap, we cant do anything, here are some elephant knock out pills, come back in a week.
I called several physiotherapists, chiropractors who were all very eager to have me. Most said to wait until the swelling is down, before doing anything. two where eager to push it back, others argued against it, only one wanted to operate. All agreed minor excercise would help.
I went to one today, he seemed more positive.

This was not part of the plan.

100%
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Cabalo empty your pm's
"Cabalo has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Cabalo
06-19-2009, 06:13 PM
done. inbox emptied.
when i suffered that, the to operate or not to operate question was long discussed.

the cons is that it can limit your arm's rotation angle, thus affecting some movement's which are not so ordinary daily.
the pros is that the movements that you do daily will not suffer, and you will be able to lift weights etc. about going to gyms, forget it. each time i enter a gym i warn my instructor about this problem and you can see how concerned they are when they don't allow me to lift weights at sth like half the machines there :(

the surgery, if i remember correctly, involved inserting a "nail" made of bone to reinforce the arm's structure in the place where it was dislodged.
then, a 2 to 3 weeks complete arm immobilization, and then physio for around 6 months.

pretty nasty my friend.

honestly, to this day i don't feel confident to make certain movements with my arm, like scratching my back, for example. i do them ofc, but i am extra careful with twisting the arm.

don't know how are the procedures nowadays, but back in 2000 it was like that.

PS: torn ligaments are way worse than broken bones.

Skweeky
06-19-2009, 07:13 PM
The husband tore his rotator cuff whilst snowboarding, a few years ago. He still has a strange little bump on his shoulder because it was never put back in place properly. It doesn't bother him as long as he lifts some weights. He can't swim anymore though.

lynx
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Avoid using those elephant knockout pills.

Dragging an elephant around isn't going to improve the situation one bit.

100%
06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Slowly the reality of a gorgeous 2 second flight is hitting me.

"If only" - should be eliminated from all languages. Pointless.

Cabalo is being kind enough to tell me the truth of his experience.

Skweeks - Rotator cuff, where is that? Sounds similar. "because it was never put back in place properly" - what would be the proper method if you asked him?
I love swimming...

Lynx, i only knockout elephants in the morning, while they lie next to me in bed groaning of the pleasure of bodily awakening, rubbing me softly.

Appreciate not feeling anything.

Skweeky
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
It's in his shoulder. It's basically the group of muscles that stabilises the shoulder. It would need an operation for everything to put back into place again.

http://assets.aarp.org/external_sites/adam/graphics/images/en/21759.jpg

100%
06-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Damn skweek you know how to find the most R rated versions of human anatomy. :cringe: mine looked more like haute cuisine.

In xrays those ligaments do not really show, how did they know? did they operate repair? or let it heal naturally?
"it was never put back in place properly"

Cabalo
06-19-2009, 09:19 PM
oh yes, btw, i can't do crawl swimming.
and backstroke especially.

C-mos
06-19-2009, 10:08 PM
that looks nasty..:|
I had the same prob 2 years ago..
got over it .pain and other shit

j2k4
06-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Bad one, there.

Won't ruin your life, though will limit some things...intense rehab would help, but, unless you're heavily into certain activities, it's kind of a "what for?" proposition.

Being a relative youngster does (as in all such cases) help, but.

I had a fairly complete rotator cuff tear, front and back.

By the time I decided to go to the Dr., it had begun to knit on it's own; the whole ordeal took about 5 years to stabilize, but again, there were/are limitations - in my case it didn't matter a whole lot, 'cuz I was getting beyond the athletic/coaching stuff.

brotherdoobie
06-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Ouch.

-bd

100%
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Chiropractor told me to do exercises.
Doctor today said i had level 2 damage not level 3. (degrees of ripping & fuckedupness)
so in 6 weeks i should be right as rain (english expresion?)
Went biking today and had sex, (overly faked the cripple part) so life is looking brighter.
Still painfully tight in some positions...
I can always get it operated on.
Got really depressed this week
Thanks for support.

brotherdoobie
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
I've broken lots of stuff; never broke my collarbone, however. Sex already... you horny bastard, you. Was the sex painful, ffs?

You'll do fine. For a sensitive fellow - you're a double hard bastard.

Peace, doobs