PDA

View Full Version : How to split a server to many VNS

abosamer
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
I bought a server last month :

this one :
http://www.ovh.com/fr/produits/eg_max.xml

it was a really bad experience for many reasons ( fixed some and I need ur answer in some others ) .

First :

it take a week to get used to linux and last i didn't know how to zip/rar files and make them in parts , so I need someone's help in this .

Second :

The server was raid 1 and someone told me he can make it raid 0 , but he couldn't :(

So how can I make it raid 0 ( looks selly question ) , or is there any other server with raid 0 , 1 GB connection , big hdd and provided from OVH .

I can pay a lot of money ( some one handle this for me so no worries ) Max 200 Euros .

Third :

I need to split the server to many VPS( with linux and different ips for each user ) , if there is a guy who can teach me how to do so step by step , I can pay him in return .

Please need answers to these questions as I already suffered from this and I don't like to experience it again .

Cheers,,,,

and I just checked all OVH dedi servers and they look all with raid 1 :(

http://www.ovh.com/fr/produits/eg_ssd.xml

:@ any luck ?

can I email OVH support and ask them to make it raid 0 ?

FransTormer
06-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Think you wanna split a server to make it VPS's; to do this properly, you first need to make a plan on how many VPS's you want to house on 1 psysical server. With a little effort, you can make 16 to 24 VPS's on the EG MAX but you will have absolutely $%^#@ performance on each VPS.

To be honest; without enough knowledge of this, I would highly recommend not going tru with this. Some of the peeps advertising on this site (and thus having a business) have had their fair share of fighting with VPS's to get them to perform up to par...

xirvflux
06-20-2009, 04:40 PM
couldn't :(

So how can I make it raid 0 ( looks selly question ) , or is there any other server with raid 0 , 1 GB connection , big hdd and provided from OVH .

I can pay a lot of money ( some one handle this for me so no worries ) Max [COLOR=Red][B]200 Euros .

For that money you can get a properly setup server from us (Xirvik) :-) But if you want us to configure your own server in RAID-0 contact us... (support at xirvik . com), we do it every day.

abosamer
06-20-2009, 06:55 PM
couldn't :(

I can pay a lot of money ( some one handle this for me so no worries ) Max [COLOR=Red][B]200 Euros .

For that money you can get a properly setup server from us (Xirvik) :-) But if you want us to configure your own server in RAID-0 contact us... (support at xirvik . com), we do it every day.

will u teach me ?

I will pay u in return

If yes , give me a pm

or

If anyone know how to split it to many VPS and with good performance and change raid 1 to raid 0 , give me a PM , I will pay for it .

seedhost-net
06-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Having Vps's on EG MAX is gonna be expensive, unless you go for openvz or something but having a proper vps with reinstall with 1 click and such options is better with virtuozzo, you can have 5 FAST vps's on EG MAX easilly.

will u teach me ?

I will pay u in return

If yes , give me a pm

or

If anyone know how to split it to many VPS and with good performance and change raid 1 to raid 0 , give me a PM , I will pay for it .

You can get EG MAX from us, fully configured for as many slots as you want, with VNC + uTorrent + FTP for each slot, and get full support for all of them from us, contact us if you wanna know pricing.

will u teach me ?

I will pay u in return

If yes , give me a pm

or

You can get EG MAX from us, fully configured for as many slots as you want, with VNC + uTorrent + FTP for each slot, and get full support for all of them from us, contact us if you wanna know pricing.

will u teach me ?

I will pay u in return

If yes , give me a pm

or

here is detailed guide how to install Raid1 into Raid0 on OVH servers :
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1578

adwrz
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Seriously if your willing to go for virtuozzo then go for it and if you dont know have enough knowledge about Linux or a windows server then dont attempt this because you will propably end up with many problems

I have been trying out Xen on Debian Etch my self it isnt easy to learn server management etc and i spent around 6 hours each day reading and practising but then theres alot to learn now i ended up with VMware server on a Debian Etch and its still hard getting the network bridging stuff etc so now i have decided to Learn the basics of a server with CentOS so its best to learn what your going to do