PDA

View Full Version : Is there any Highwind reseller who charge less than Ngroups?

dfsadsadsa
06-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi,
I am a current Ngroups user. I have the $30 per quarter account. That turns out to be $10/month.
But the problem is I don't want to pay 3 months in advance like this. Can someone please recommend me an unlimited Highwind seller for less than $10/month, please?
Highly appreciated,

UsenetGuy
06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
I highly doubt you will be able to find a service offering a decent unlimited plan for less than $10/month. Usenetserver are doing one for $10/month at https://accounts.usenetserver.com/special/ but I don't think they have a europe server.

Also, out of curiosity, why do you want highwinds? They suck :P

dfsadsadsa
06-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I love highwind. Always give me decent, sustained speed. I can never maintain a stable speed with Astraweb. it maxes out 30 sec and drop to 0 then max out 20 sec, then drop to 0 again..... Probalby too many people use them so the school admin did something to the network ???

zot
06-23-2009, 08:14 PM
If the bandwidth graph is showing a regular, repeating series of spikes and dips, then that's a common sign of being throttled. (a poor connection will usually show an irregular graph)

Does it do this when using SSL on a non-standard port?

I've not seen any high-retention unlimited accounts for under $10/mo (except throttled ones)