PDA

View Full Version : Maturest tracker forum

Polarbear
06-25-2009, 10:45 AM
In your opinion. What's the maturest, most interesting, knowledgeable and spam free tracker forum?

TP635
06-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I find TB forum very mature, followed by TPB. TPB forum is far better than most of the private trackers' forum.

stoi
06-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I would have to say BCG but then i am biased, but we are spam free.

mrnobody
06-25-2009, 11:01 AM
wouldn't be any 0-day tracker with rate my booty, what drink u just drank, and similar spamistic threads.

i remember CG forum was decent and so was THC (this one had counting games though). KG forum is prolly good too, i never checked it though.

Rigel9
06-25-2009, 11:15 AM
I like the KG and what.cd forums.

Benjamin
06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Revolt by far, if that counts.

IdolEyes787
06-25-2009, 12:36 PM
In your opinion. What's the maturest, most interesting, knowledgeable and spam free tracker forum?

Given those parameters I could not pick one . ( Knowledge does not necessarily lend itself to maturity nor interesting to spam - free).

Of the ones that I have personal insight into CG has the most knowledgeable people even more so than KG . Can't say that I find their forums especially good though ( or quote mature whatever that means - Do you mean fitting a certain aesthetic that you believe everyone, if they wish to be viewed as worthwhile,should conform to ?) .
Interesting ? Any and none at a given time.

Hope that helps .:)

Revolt by far, if that counts.

It counts if you want it to.It's an opinion.

antivirus
06-25-2009, 07:15 PM
cartoonchaos :) dont mind

sez
06-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd say what.CD takes it here then maybe followed by ScL,
Though i didn't like what.CD when people were trying to out grammar each other,words just flew by if you didn't have the thesaurus by your side.

Cabalo
06-25-2009, 08:59 PM
none of your business.

The_Martinator
06-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Every forum has some immature people. The thing is the larger the forum, the bigger the chances you'll find people that you like. Having said that, some smaller trackers have such people (allthough this is subjective). I find iTS's forums rather good allthough not the most active. But it's the content of the posts that count.

KG is of course good also. Haven't really gotten into the forum part of CG. I guess I will now.

Polarbear
06-25-2009, 09:46 PM
wouldn't be any 0-day tracker with rate my booty, what drink u just drank, and similar spamistic threads.

ScL

kooftspc11
06-25-2009, 10:06 PM
it's all subjective

once you get to know people and make some friends...taking a turn towards the spammy side is simply inevitable. it does not matter which forum you are on

btw...is maturest even a word? more/most mature seems to fit better

Isabelle
06-25-2009, 10:08 PM
PassThePopcorn have nice forums!!

n00bz0r
06-26-2009, 02:55 AM
it's all subjective

once you get to know people and make some friends...taking a turn towards the spammy side is simply inevitable. it does not matter which forum you are on

btw...is maturest even a word? more/most mature seems to fit better

+1 to that..
I don't usually SPAM any where, but a few dedicated SPAM sections on a few trackers is simply FUN..thats coz you are friends with the guys posting before or after you..and it really doesn't matter as long as this "SPAM" stays in allotted sections and is not brought into sections like "philosophy" and "books".

Peace

DonkeyPacker
06-26-2009, 02:57 AM

But isn't that the only tracker you're a member of? It may be spam free but that doesn't necessarily mean it is maturer than any other tracker forum.

stoi
06-26-2009, 03:00 AM
well i cant see how its immature.

and, yes it is the only tracker i am a member of now, doesnt mean its the only tracker i have ever been a member of.

DonkeyPacker
06-26-2009, 03:06 AM

and, yes it is the only tracker i am a member of now, doesnt mean its the only tracker i have ever been a member of.

Well yes I'm not debating its apparent maturity but rather that to properly answer the question one would need access to other trackers for comparison.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 03:10 AM
i

btw...is maturest even a word? r

Uninvetitanerably it is.

kooftspc11
06-26-2009, 03:11 AM

still wont change the fact that i want to ride you like a pony til the sun comes up

7th
06-26-2009, 03:28 AM

Thanks God you don't understand a word of portuguese! uhauhauahuah :lol:

Just kidding Stoi :happy:

The portuguese forum at BCG is quite good although I would not give my vote to it...

Lately I'm not having the time to participate too much in foruns so I prefer to stay in a forum like this... Btw, if I were to pick one forum to vote in, that would be CT for sure... but that's because I have my "motives" to like that forum. :whistling

stoi
06-26-2009, 05:15 AM

Well yes I'm not debating its apparent maturity but rather that to properly answer the question one would need access to other trackers for comparison.

So how many trackers do i need to be a member of to participate in this thread then

25 = collecter and doesnt give a shit about forums or even the tracker for that matter.

ffs i said i was biased.

kooftspc11
06-26-2009, 05:33 AM

So how many trackers do i need to be a member of to participate in this thread then

25 = collecter and doesnt give a shit about forums or even the tracker for that matter.

ffs i said i was biased.

properly answer? since when did such a simple topic require empirical evidence before it could be "properly" answered?

1 tracker or 100 trackers

there isn't a single person who's opinion is more/less valid than that of another. in case you've been too dense to notice, donkey packer, the recurring theme throughout this thread has been the subjective nature of the question.

now.....if the question were which tracker admin would you most like to get naked and ruin some sheets with....well we all know the answer to that one.

ps stoi get some sheets with a high thread count. im planning on making a bloody mess (no pun intended)

1000possibleclaws
06-26-2009, 06:18 AM

ffs i said i was biased.

Some people can manage forum whoring and alot of trackers *cough* kyrcer *cough*

DonkeyPacker
06-26-2009, 06:28 AM
lol, I'm sorry I caused such a stir. I simply mean to say that maturest seems to imply that more than 1 tracker be involved in the decision making process. And the more involved the better. If the op were simply asking for which forums were mature then it wouldn't be a comparison rather a question on the forum alone.

kooftspc11
06-26-2009, 06:32 AM
lol, I'm sorry I caused such a stir. I simply mean to say that maturest seems to imply that more than 1 tracker be involved in the decision making process. And the more involved the better. If the op were simply asking for which forums were mature then it wouldn't be a comparison rather a question on the forum alone.

yet it would yield the same results. at the end of the day any answer found in this thread is purely a matter of opinion

redMonster
06-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Sorry for OT, but what is CG?

TP635
06-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Sorry for OT, but what is CG?

CG= cinemageddon.org
home of the most off-beat movies. If you love kung fu movies that where you get them. The forum like, the tracker is a bit off color but very interesting.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Some people can manage forum whoring and a lot of trackers *cough* kyrcer *cough*

It's a lot easier when you do a lot of copy and pasting and/or put no thought into your posts whatsoever.

yet it would yield the same results. at the end of the day any answer found in this thread is purely a matter of opinion

DonkeyPacker although the original question does infer comparison by adding " in you opinion" the OP negates that requirement.Stoi wouldn't have to belong to even one to have an opinion.
Wouldn't be in the least bit valid of course but it also wouldn't ,under the set conditions, be any worse than anyone elses either.

Zaxx
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
From what I've seen (beginning ~5yrs ago), it seems that the trackers that used TBDev end up depending on IRC to establish the real community 'backbone' for the most part. A lot of members don't care for or just plain hate the forum layout, myself included. It'd be nice if someone would code a ratio tracker to work with vBull or powerboard. I know of one such site that pulled it off but it'd be a cold day in hell before they'd give up the code/mods. :pinch:

0Ri0N
06-26-2009, 02:20 PM
I like the KG and what.cd forums.

1 more here!

Stellar
06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I just created a tracker. As I am the only member, it has an incredibly mature forum.

:mellow:

Cabalo
06-26-2009, 03:29 PM
From what I've seen (beginning ~5yrs ago), it seems that the trackers that used TBDev end up depending on IRC to establish the real community 'backbone' for the most part. A lot of members don't care for or just plain hate the forum layout, myself included. It'd be nice if someone would code a ratio tracker to work with vBull or powerboard. I know of one such site that pulled it off but it'd be a cold day in hell before they'd give up the code/mods. :pinch:
BCG works with IPB for example.

I just created a tracker. As I am the only member, it has an incredibly mature forum.

:mellow:
and don't forget, it's all about the security.

Jezebel
06-26-2009, 03:51 PM
A forum can't be interesting if it's mature and spam free. :(

I'm Hot
06-26-2009, 03:56 PM
It's a lot easier when you do a lot of copy and pasting and/or put no thought into your posts whatsoever.

lol that doesn't sound fair, come on give the guy a break.. he likes to post...thats all. :)

Regarding the topic, I would say Bitme, goem and KG.

stoi
06-26-2009, 08:28 PM

If you mean us, then hmm the code is already out there to do it.

I sort of started it with this, it never worked properly, altinertia took over and finished it off, but there have been a lot more posts in that thread since we put it on in 2007, so it may be a lot easier now. (i think its been updated from 2.2.1 as well with a quick glance.)

Use Invision Power Board v2.2.1 as your forum, Complete Tracker <--> Forum integration

http://www.tbdev.net/index.php?showtopic=9180

Hombre
06-26-2009, 09:00 PM
my opinion is demonoid forums. also torrentbytes are very good, and with a lot of information, besides the normal "how much cock do u suck" threads.

1000possibleclaws
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM

lol that doesn't sound fair, come on give the guy a break..

He most certainly could use a break from posting, if that's what you were talking about :P

Zaxx
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM

I sort of started it with this, it never worked properly, altinertia took over and finished it off, but there have been a lot more posts in that thread since we put it on in 2007, so it may be a lot easier now. (i think its been updated from 2.2.1 as well with a quick glance.)

Use Invision Power Board v2.2.1 as your forum, Complete Tracker <--> Forum integration

Heh..almost forgot you were running ipb stoi. Was referring to a different site tho...the site admins did a custom job but that was years ago. The two appear totally different...the mods they did, didn't include a tracker page. Was all forum based torrent file posts. You had to open the thread, read the 1st post with the rls deets/cover and clk the .torrent then leave a TY reply in the thread.

06-26-2009, 10:35 PM
waffles no doubt

stoi
06-26-2009, 10:41 PM

Heh..almost forgot you were running ipb stoi. Was referring to a different site tho...the site admins did a custom job but that was years ago. The two appear totally different...the mods they did, didn't include a tracker page. Was all forum based torrent file posts. You had to open the thread, read the 1st post with the rls deets/cover and clk the .torrent then leave a TY reply in the thread.

Only one i can think like that is/was POTUK, btw thats how BCG was for about a 3 days before the hosts took us down and reported the bill payer (not me, co-founder of POTUK) to the cops.

but that is pretty easy to do believe it or not, the harder part is what we done, tracker and forum.

EDIT: its easier because you just have the members on the forum, you never let the members see the tracker, so they dont need to join it, you just have the torrents going into the torrents directory, where the tracker pics it up and then the forum starts listing the seeders and leechers. The way we do it, we have both the tracker and forum, so you have to bridge them together, so members are on both, which is a bitch to code.

you can even do it with xbtt without a php tracker by the looks of it

http://xbtt.sourceforge.net/ipb2_mod/

I am not sure where the code is for that but a google search should bring it up.

Tiny
06-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Ftnr imo

Zaxx
06-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Don't think they had probs just running ipb + a tracker..it was coding a ratio system to go with it as well, and provide a way for staff to check torrent/user stats, that really put the screws to em I think. I'm sure there is currently far better/mature code to do the same now but back then it was newish.

stoi
06-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Like i mentioned mate, Mr-C who was joint starter of POTUK was staff on the very first BCG, me and him done it for us when we decided to get a dedi server (it was BNBT Public tracker on my PC before that), problem was it lasted 3 days, actually i think as soon as we switched the tracker on, within an hour they closed it lol they charged him about £500 as well as calling the cops.

I then went offline for a year, and as the tracker was on my PC, bye bye tracker, when I came back online he had started POTUK with stealth and had it set up exactly like BCG was.

I believe that if the hosts had not pulled the plug, we would still be like POTUK today. and that was about 5 years ago, doing it our way has only been possible for about 2 years, or at least thats when the first person to crack it, cracked it.

06-27-2009, 01:44 AM
the 2 most mature, interesting, and knowledgeable forums i know of are revolt and fsc.

NippleCake
06-27-2009, 03:05 PM
what.cd im not going to mention any others

lukee
06-27-2009, 09:09 PM

What.cd forums by far. You simply cannot beat those.

Jezebel
06-27-2009, 09:12 PM

What.cd forums by far. You simply cannot beat those.
Nothing is impossible.

Qlix
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
FST is the most mature forum there is!
Why would you need others? :O

patiesmiz
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Dunno if the maturest one -I think it is-, but the most active of all the forums I know is the Demonoid one.

RedRansom
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
maturest -> dont have any idea about that
interesting ->what.cd you can sit at your laptops and take turn posting updates about someone dates. This is like reality show.lol
knowledgeable ->Hmnn i like tutorials categories both on ScT and what.cd
spam free -> No doubt music-vid :D if you are member on there you got it

Mister Moo
07-01-2009, 02:55 AM
LUElinks... hahahahahahahahaha, just kidding these guy are really fucking retarded. It's like 4chan on steroids.

Polarbear
07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
My choice: Revolt (general) and E**** (dedicated).

kooftspc11
07-02-2009, 11:17 AM

mighty gay of you

you're either that dense (simply oblivious) or you have an ego the size of michelle obamas ass

how bout naming a tracker which us common folk have access to

IdolEyes787
07-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Kind of like telling someone that your thinking about getting a new car, asking what they would recommend and having them tell you a Veyron.
Sure there is a possibility that sometime, far off in the unimaginable future ,you might be able to own one but on the whole it's not much help is it?

Other than that,kooftspc11 how could you possibly accuse polarbear of having an ego?
I've never seen any evidence of it.

The_Martinator
07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Kind of like telling someone that your thinking about getting a new car, asking what they would recommend and having them tell you a Veyron.
Sure there is a possibility that sometime, far off in the unimaginable future ,you might be able to own one but on the whole it's not much help is it?

Other than that,kooftspc11 how could you possibly accuse polarbear of having an ego?

You're saying he's female?! lol

IdolEyes787
07-02-2009, 02:24 PM
No but I am saying that you aren't making any sense .

The_Martinator
07-02-2009, 03:02 PM
No but I am saying that you aren't making any sense .

Women's ego is close to 0 (on average), so we can say they have no ego.

:lol:

brento
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM

I've heard that both those trackers have great forums.

From my experience, both KG and Secret-Cinema have great, mature forums. Unfortunately they aren't the most active forums.

Funkin'
07-02-2009, 05:14 PM

:lol:

But in all seriousness, I'm going to have to agree with polarbear on this one(and kooftspc, I believe this is the first time I've ever done this, so please do not rip me a new one, unless of course you're going to be rough about it).

I would definitely consider E's forums to be "mature". The boards aren't populated with the same spam/made to solely raise your post count threads that plague most 0day/general trackers(like "Who will be the next person to post", "Ban the person above you", and other bullshit threads that we have all seen). In my opinion, there are mainly quality threads and discussions in E's forums. And they're not limited to music only.

Another trackers forums that I consider to be quality, is UG's. That site is full of members that all share a common passion. And I find the forums to be excellent because of this.

Cisco---Scene
03-16-2010, 09:32 PM
:ermm:

Speedo
03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
I find the Cinematik forums very sobering and mature.

Disme
03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
There is no such thing as a mature tracker forum ... there might be some mature and intelligent people posting on some tracker forums, but in general tracker-forums are not mature, nor intelligent, nor populated with the brightest sheep.

I'm still looking for the first tracker-based-forum without the 'rate that ass' or other useless threads ... maybe somebody could point me to a forum like that, but just as in real life I think you have to just pick your friends and try to make the best of it, ignoring the mass of utterly useless and boring 12-year-old posters who still believe post-count means a shite.

cinephilia
03-17-2010, 01:29 PM
KG forum has always been filled with interesting and mature discussions compared to the average tracker-based-forum.

IdolEyes787
03-17-2010, 01:33 PM
KG forum has always been filled with interesting and mature discussions compared to the average tracker-based-forum.

I gave Lillian Gish's ass a 7.5/10

A
03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
Most discussions and activity are not in tracker forums but Invite forums.Those are the places where staff and most of the members frequent. FST,TPS are the ones which stand out in that.
But since the discussion is about tracker forums,The forums of What.CD,Animebyt.es (activity is low but quality in certain subforums is high,downside will be that all the discussion will be anime related :P),karagarga,Merlin also has some quality topics and dicussions, Cinematik,BTN (activity level is high).In the club forums of fsc there are some very good threads as well.

Glitterstep
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Tranceroute is the best among EDM trackers. Forums out there are very active.A lot of discussions regarding releases,upcoming artists,trance gigs,
albums,EP's,radio shows etc

Lovestoned
03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Definitely What's.

Some of you might regard them to be Canadalistic (yes.) but 'The Lounge' section is such a great place IMO.

Quarterquack
03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Clearly everyone has a different opinion of what makes a great forum, a great forum. For example, when I joined what's forums I noticed it was full of elitist, worthless egos, and could find nothing more. I made probably less than 10 posts, because it didn't matter what I said, someone came along and disagreed for the sake of disagreeing. Call that a mature forum, I call it a 12 year old with an inferiority complex.

Don't get me wrong. I can surely not convey this through a wall of a text on a forum, but I'm one of the most out-going/understanding/non-judgmental individuals you'd meet, and I can take a good beating in an argument and still respect the other party. I just don't enjoy the beating if the person arguing with me has no idea about what they're talking about.

If you were to ask me, I define maturity by the thinking capability, and reasoning capacity of individuals. Not by how many dead bodies they've seen or how many lives they've saved. If someone seems to have a solid rationale, can easily convey his flow of thought, in a pseudo well-mannered way, I will respect said individual. That's kind of the reason why I liked ScT forums. Sure, you could say they were full of trolls - but they were the good kind. Nobody who ever had a legitimate intelligent question was flamed. It was the people who had stupid questions that are answered in a dozen other threads that got that treatment, and while people might not agree with me, and I know they won't, I think that's the height of maturity. Teaching someone to teach themselves, rather than spoon feeding a moron to death.

b3owulf
03-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I'm wondering why noone mentioned ThePlace and TheVault... These 2 places are realy great, lots of interesting and intelligent people there.

puckface
03-17-2010, 08:33 PM

I gave Lillian Gish's ass a 7.5/10

... and the Brazilian Womens Volleyballer a 10/10

Albo Da Kid
03-18-2010, 05:41 AM
lol You guys are making it look like any forum trhat has "rate that ass" threads is automatically a kids forum.

Cabalo
03-18-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm wondering why noone mentioned ThePlace and TheVault... These 2 places are realy great, lots of interesting and intelligent people there.

I agree absolutely. TheVault is without any doubt the most mature tracker forum that I've ever been to. Love that site.
I've found myself reading some threads for more than one hour, absolutely delighted.

Lovestoned
03-18-2010, 06:33 AM
Clearly everyone has a different opinion of what makes a great forum, a great forum. For example, when I joined what's forums I noticed it was full of elitist, worthless egos, and could find nothing more. I made probably less than 10 posts, because it didn't matter what I said, someone came along and disagreed for the sake of disagreeing. Call that a mature forum, I call it a 12 year old with an inferiority complex.

Sure What has elitists since it's a music forum. People like to poke fun at each other's music choices but it's just a small minority that does that.. how long has it been since your last visit to their forums?

It's always been a staple in music forums to mock certain stereotypes such as hipsters wearing drainpipes and drinking PBR, etc.

Albo Da Kid
03-18-2010, 06:36 AM
I just finished reading this thread http://thevault.bz/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=26602 and I gotta say this guys know what they're talking about.

ExtraDry
03-18-2010, 10:18 AM
dildo shop is the best spam free forums

cs101
03-18-2010, 10:48 AM
The answer to this question depends and is partially based on the contents of the tracker,

That's right TheVault's forums comprised of quite serious individuals, and you can encounter discussions being held on topics such as new business ideas, online money making bullshit, and so on.. the depth of the topic itself repels the trolls as the one who posses the knowledge could participate in those discussions

HDBit's forums also consist of wise pricks, you can get serious advice on how to handle HD-stuff, in their forums,

Despite of all this the world's most mature forum on internet which comprised of very very very serious and mature persons is FST itself. an example is given above..

I hate being mature and also hate mature peoples

puckface
03-18-2010, 02:22 PM
lol You guys are making it look like any forum trhat has "rate that ass" threads is automatically a kids forum.

You picked up on that huh? You're brilliant.

Albo Da Kid
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM

What I was trying to say is that every forum is going to have their percentage of immature members, just on a different scale.

puckface
03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
What I was trying to say is that every forum is going to have their percentage of immature members, just on a different scale.

haha, it was satire dude, just fucking with you.

IdolEyes787
03-18-2010, 10:19 PM

haha, it was satire dude.

You mean that funny instrument Ravi Shankar used to play?

I don't get it?:unsure:

Artemis
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
haha, it was satire dude.

You mean that funny instrument Ravi Shankar used to play?

I don't get it?:unsure:

No, that's a sativa :whistling

IdolEyes787
03-18-2010, 11:10 PM
That at least explains the Beatles " flower power" period.