PDA

View Full Version : How To Increase Utorrent Speed

nista
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
hey i found this in the internet mabey some of u will like it i did not try it yet...
http://how-2-do.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-increase-utorrent-speed.html

VinX
06-25-2009, 02:18 PM
however it cannot exceed ur ISP's Capping so useless

7th
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
am I so wrong to defend that this is going to vary from connection to connection? :huh:

bondgannu
06-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Few of the techniques are:-

i) Forwarding your port

ii) Enabling encrption....It seems doing that makes you connected to the peers more effectively

iii) Increasing the no. of half open connection.......... You have various tools available for that......

iv) Most importantly get the torrents with good no of seeders and better seed to leech ratio in order to get good download speeds.......

Howver for increasing you upload speed(specially on hard to seed private trackers) it becomes quite imp that the torrent has less no of seeds and low seed to leech ratio...

kooftspc11
06-26-2009, 12:36 AM
ever since one of the trackers i uses regularly forced client updates (utorrent 1.8.2) i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent. i never had a problem with any of this til i updated from 1.7.7 to 1.8.2

i can only speak for myself

i noticed the more aggressive (and fucking inflated) my settings became....the less transparent utorrent acted. i spent quite a bit of time in utorrents forums trying to figure out what the hell had gone wrong. the only thing that actually worked for me was a guide to configuring utorrent in a more conservative manner.

in this case less is more. i am able to max out my line again and still browse without wanting to shoot something

7th
06-26-2009, 01:18 AM
i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent.

I had that problem once and the source was not even in utorrent. My antivirus (Nod32) was keeping me from navigating.

I prefer to just tune my utorrent with the settings I already know and that I already know that works... Maybe I could make it faster somehow but I don't feel like needing to mess with it just to gain some more kbps :P

kooftspc11
06-26-2009, 01:53 AM
i've had to mess around with a shit ton of configurations to make sure i can still browse while using utorrent.

I had that problem once and the source was not even in utorrent. My antivirus (Nod32) was keeping me from navigating.

I prefer to just tune my utorrent with the settings I already know and that I already know that works... Maybe I could make it faster somehow but I don't feel like needing to mess with it just to gain some more kbps :P

yeah i guess that was a common issue for people. my problem was totally unrelated. it had nothing to do with conflicting software or permissions. the settings were cause....or the solution rather

i agree 100%

in the long run a couple more kb/s wont mean shit...but an unstable client will. FFS the thing runs on my pc 24/7 anyways.

musa337
06-26-2009, 01:43 PM
nice!. im gonna try this out!

reddy
03-11-2010, 12:39 PM
hi himanshuaieee..my speed test says my download speed linit is 5Mbps ..but i am not able to get more than 500kbps even with the lots of seeders. could u post me the details how to increase my speed

Cut-Copy-Paste
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
^ AFAIK India Does not have 5mbps line

b3owulf
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
reddy, your title is absolutely right.

anon
03-11-2010, 04:51 PM
hi himanshuaieee..my speed test says my download speed linit is 5Mbps ..but i am not able to get more than 500kbps even with the lots of seeders. could u post me the details how to increase my speed

To make a graphical example, that's like trying to make a crane that can only hold 500 kilos of stuff pick a ton up.

Glitterstep
03-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Who said so,I had a 9 mbps connection for like 6 months.

reddy
03-12-2010, 02:50 PM

this is my speed test report:lol:. open your eyes :1eye: :shutup:http://www.speedtest.net/result/740889932.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

The_Martinator
03-12-2010, 03:38 PM

Your download speed is 5 Mbits/s and you get a download speed of 500 kbytes/s.

That's about right as 1 byte equalls 8 bits.

anon
03-12-2010, 04:43 PM
A 5Mbit line has a theoretical maximum download speed of 640kB/s, but with all the overselling and throttling ISPs engage on nowadays, you can consider lucky if you reach 80% of that.

reddy
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
this is the download speed i am getting