PDA

View Full Version : recommendation for low price vps

silent2k8
06-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Hello,

After hosting i-e closed. I am looking a new company to buy my vps.
My needs are:

1st price: low , no more then 15 bucks
space:10 gigs

looking for a company that will will give me for what i pay for. good speeds and a trusted company.

any recommendation ?

what you say?

FransTormer
06-25-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL, you made a seperate topic as well.

Like I said there, try fastsh.it. Their LU100 VPS comes with 100GB HDD and 576MB dedi-RAM for about $22. That's 50% over your budget but I reckon it's good value for money.

Again, don't take my word for it and do some resaerch into other companies as well.

Valoo
06-25-2009, 09:58 PM
If you didn't like Hosting-IE support, I advise you to test Keyweb VRS. Their VPS are cheaper than their resellers ones, I used them during many months without any problems, and support is really fast. You can also try to find partners to share a server.lu or ovh dedicated server.

fastsh.it is also a possibility but I found they put to many people on each servers, which causes sometimes a lot of lag.

silent2k8
06-26-2009, 05:39 AM
valoo what i heard and read here that keyweb dont allow torrenting.

frantormer it sound like a good one for 22 bucks i think i go with it,

Valoo
06-27-2009, 08:47 AM
valoo what i heard and read here that keyweb dont allow torrenting.
I have "heard" that too... But how many people who really had a VPS with them were disconnected for "P2P use" ? I think people who say "keyweb doesnt allow torrenting" only repeats "what they hear" :P

If one day a guy was disconnected because he uses P2P, I think it's above all because he uses an huge amount of bandwidth on a dedicated and / or receives copyright holders complaints.

silent2k8
07-05-2009, 06:23 AM
fastsh.it I liked the forums, looks like a nice company.

Bu i didnt like at all the os ubuntu,i prefer centos.

so i am still looking for a company

weenden
07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
https://www.tzulo.com/index.html

Valoo
07-05-2009, 02:58 PM
* 40GB Disk Space
* 512MB Ram 768MB Ram
* 2000GB Monthly Transfer
$45 Monthly
Low prices ? 45$ is the price of a kimsufi ..

silent2k8
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
kimsufi dont sell to my country..

still waiting for your recommendation for good company

Valoo
07-07-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't understand, the problem is only the fact they don't sell in your country or the price ? Because you can find many resellers around 45$ for a kim.
Anyway some companies make good VPS (including Keyweb, but you prefer believe rumors than real users) :

https://www.scan-host.com/hosting.php?spt=200
http://www.hostineuro.com/
http://altushost.com/vps-virtual-private-server.html

silent2k8
07-08-2009, 07:17 PM
45$ is too much money. i am looking for a cheap server for around 22 $ with 30 gigs and centos installed like i had with hosting-ie.

I ordered from keyweb a vps server for 7.90 euro and told them to open my server that was in hosting-ie. They refused they wanted me to buy a root-ds for 32 euro!!!!

I told them i had a vps with 20 gigs on hosting-ie i paid 20 bucks. But they refused to open me the server. There are basically thiefs and dont really about customers needs.

So i am still looking for a normal company but i am still not getting any offers from you guys :)

I am beginning to miss hosting-ie cause i see i cant receive what i got from them from anyone :))

Valoo
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I ordered from keyweb a vps server for 7.90 euro and told them to open my server that was in hosting-ie.
The server where your VPS was installed at hosting-IE is maybe still under control of Hosting-IE which uses it with other customers. Why do you want to retrieve your old server ? For the datas ?
Because for the same price the VPS offers are more interresting at keyweb. Why don't you simply take a new VPS at Keyweb ? I have tested all their VPS. And if I have a suggestion to you, don't take the first offer, take at least the profi 09, you'll have enough resources for torrenting for example.

silent2k8
07-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Thansk for the fast reply valoo.

I want to retrieve my old server cause i am too lzay to reinstall everything from start. But i guess keyweb left me no choice.

Here's their answer:

We checked the server, it is a RDS machine. Do you want to keep this machine and pay the amount or shall we delete the order?

Best regards

Manuela D`Amico
Sales and Marketing Management

I ordered the first vps server > vrs start 09 from keyweb because i dont need the 50 gigs space.

I just need to seed some files for my education torrent sites, and some files for the other like scenetorrents.

But i am not a big downloader at all... I download maybe 1 game every half year, or search for a program everywhile..

Thats why i choose the cheap server :) + I am not that rich i am just a miserable isp tech supporter :P

Valoo
07-08-2009, 08:31 PM
RDS are a bit expensive only for torrenting imo, for this price you almost have a kimsufi.
About VRS, if I suggested to look at the profi 09 at least, it's because they have more resources, and not only about hdd space. I could see it in the virtuozzo settings. With my vrs profi I had better values which allow it to run more torrents at the same time for example. But test it and if you're not satisfied you can change to another plan. But takes care of the fact you have to notice them at least 15 days before the end of your subscription, and by sending them a signed written letter (you can send it by email after scanning it). It's the main annoying thing with this company.

foxxcbuster
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Is keyweb giving remote desktop function?
in VRS-Business 09 / RootDS-Start planks?
Which one is the best?

cascada
09-25-2009, 10:14 AM
What is the difference between VRS and RootDS? Both server come with root access, only VRS is a lot cheaper and has more hard disc and memory. 5 TB traffic a month with "Premium 09" package is enough... it's hard to even hit the limit.

Valoo
09-28-2009, 02:22 PM
@foxxcbuster
If you speak about KVM stuffs, no. The VPS are managed by a virtuozzo admin panel and sold by an installed OS on which you can install remote desktop of course, like NX or VNC.

@cascada
I think the main difference is the unlimited BW and more CPU power on RootDS. RootDS are certainly installed on master servers with less VPS than VRS. But as you said Premium package is really enough for seedboxing, especially because most of vrs customers seem to only do webhosting.