PDA

View Full Version : ......

IdolEyes787
06-25-2009, 09:42 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/260105534_0518e35ccb.jpg

This place is as dead as Steven Segal's career.

{I}{K}{E}
06-25-2009, 11:06 PM
If you look closely you can see the shadow of a fish

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 12:01 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/84/260105534_0518e35ccb.jpg

This place is as dead as Michael Jackson.

callum
06-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Create an interesting thread and the people will post, that's about it really, this one's shit.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the input.
I didn't create it so people would post, I created it to express my consternation over the board being rather................. dead .
People have left in droves seemingly never to return .All that is left is a bunch of traders , some people using aliases to bash request threads and the occasional ill tempered Scotsman .

Btw this thread is shit but it's still infinitely better than any that you have created in the last 5 years.

Now please reply disparagingly because that will solve everything.

n00bz0r
06-26-2009, 03:34 AM
http://www.county.oxford.on.ca/Portals/_county/images/default/ist2_4588664-half-empty-glass-of-water-with-clipping-path.jpg

There still are guys in here..
depends on how ya see that. I can understand if ya miss the regulars.. But "change" is the spice of life (even the virtual one)..ain't it?

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 04:10 AM
I don't miss the regulars .Most of the older member never gave me the time of day (of course that fact is neither unique to me or this board).
I just hate the lack of activity in all sections other than the ones where people are looking to get something.
Probably get into to trouble for saying this but if that is all this place has become then it's a serious fail.

callum
06-26-2009, 11:00 AM
Btw this thread is shit but it's still infinitely better than any that you have created in the last 5 years.

Of course it's infinitely better than any thread I've created in the last 5 years. I haven't created any.

Alien5
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't miss the regulars .Most of the older member never gave me the time of day (of course that fact is neither unique to me or this board).
I just hate the lack of activity in all sections other than the ones where people are looking to get something.
Probably get into to trouble for saying this but if that is all this place has become then it's a serious fail.

Ive found the cure for the boredom Factor which FST has sometimes.

http://rankings.big-boards.com/

http://www.big-boards.com/board/353/

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 11:45 AM

Of course it's infinitely better than any thread I've created in the last 5 years. I haven't created any.

Gosh you'd think that I'd have the sense to check something like that before posting.:dry:

Thanks for the link Alien5 .

Barbarossa
06-26-2009, 11:46 AM

:lol: That is some record!

What happened here though? :unsure:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-software-23/t-pop-ups-and-other-problems-41634

It's still better than this thread, though.

IdolEyes787
06-26-2009, 11:52 AM
I said 5 years for a reason. I thought that would be apparent .

callum
06-26-2009, 10:40 PM

Someone made a thread with a title but nothing in the first post, I posted in it and the blank post somehow got deleted and it looked like I created the thread.

I said I haven't created any threads for a reason, I thought that would be apparent.

JPaul
06-26-2009, 11:07 PM
I said 5 years for a reason. I thought that would be apparent .

Well, not really.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 12:18 AM

Someone made a thread with a title but nothing in the first post, I posted in it and the blank post somehow got deleted and it looked like I created the thread.

I said I haven't created any threads for a reason, I thought that would be apparent.

Well not really but it's apparent why I don't .

callum
06-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Well not really but it's apparent why I don't .

Why you don't what?

lynx
06-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Calumny :O

callum
06-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Calumny :O

That's my new favourite word. Thank you sir.

lynx
06-27-2009, 01:11 AM
If the cap fits (as the Dutch say)

callum
06-27-2009, 01:18 AM
No, I'm sure they'd say something in dutch.

lynx
06-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Loop nooit langs een leeg toilet.
©2009 Le Mans road trip

Jezebel
06-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Any ideas on how to increase the activity on the board, IdolEyes787? :unsure:

JPaul
06-27-2009, 11:29 AM
I think the word calumny should always be preceded by the word vile. It just seems right to me.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 12:12 PM

I don't know maybe it's just that time of year and people have better things to do than sit inside and stare at a computer but what I would do if I was in charge would be to get rid of the trade section of the board.
The reputation of FST has suffered by it to the extent that some worthwhile people are either too put off or too afraid to come here anymore because of it.

Of course the pervasive attitude that I observe around the BT forum world being that it is : that the average person is only someplace because they can either 1. gain something or 2. they somehow think it makes them important , getting rid of trading probably wouldn't make an iota of difference.

I also think the board could definitely stand to lose a lot of it's negativity .I attribute that mostly to people's mistrust ( trading,scamming again) compounded at bit by the ( assumed ) age of those who are the greatest transgressors.

I don't know perhaps I am hoping for something that isn't possible .Even though I have no real interest in BT shite I really don't have any other place that I feel comfortable that I can go and read and post stuff.
Maybe I'm mistaken but it's just FST seemed a lot more vibrant even the relatively short time ago that I joined and I would like to see it get back at least to that point..

I know :emo: right?

benchez' mum
06-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Have a cry and you'll feel better. :ghey:

benchez' mum
06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
My son reported someone for calling someone else ''fkin faggot' in the BT section. The mod that replied to the report said that was perfectly acceptable. True story.

Not the sort of plaice I want my kids hanging out. :no:

n00bz0r
06-27-2009, 12:32 PM
My son reported someone for calling someone else ''fkin faggot' in the BT section. The mod that replied to the report said that was perfectly acceptable. True story.

Not the sort of plaice I want my kids hanging out. :no:

rofl
its the interwebz..nothing can be done.. :lol:

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Have a cry and you'll feel better. :ghey:

Then with a son like yours , you should be the happiest woman in the world.

JPaul
06-27-2009, 01:14 PM

I don't know maybe it's just that time of year and people have better things to do than sit inside and stare at a computer but what I would do if I was in charge would be to get rid of the trade section of the board.
The reputation of FST has suffered by it to the extent that some worthwhile people are either too put off or too afraid to come here anymore because of it.

Of course the pervasive attitude that I observe around the BT forum world being that it is : that the average person is only someplace because they can either 1. gain something or 2. they somehow think it makes them important , getting rid of trading probably wouldn't make an iota of difference.

I also think the board could definitely stand to lose a lot of it's negativity .I attribute that mostly to people's mistrust ( trading,scamming again) compounded at bit by the ( assumed ) age of those who are the greatest transgressors.

I don't know perhaps I am hoping for something that isn't possible .Even though I have no real interest in BT shite I really don't have any other place that I feel comfortable that I can go and read and post stuff.
Maybe I'm mistaken but it's just FST seemed a lot more vibrant even the relatively short time ago that I joined and I would like to see it get back at least to that point..

The place is a Bit Torrent invite forum now, nothing more than that. There are loads of people who don't like that, at all.

If you've got a decent wee pub and turn it into a gay bar, the regulars will go elsewhere and the bar will be full of the gays.

Speak to the blokes that made it a gay bar, oh and the blokes who agreed to be doormen.

The_Martinator
06-27-2009, 04:39 PM

The place is a Bit Torrent invite forum now, nothing more than that. There are loads of people who don't like that, at all.

If you've got a decent wee pub and turn it into a gay bar, the regulars will go elsewhere and the bar will be full of the gays.

Speak to the blokes that made it a gay bar, oh and the blokes who agreed to be doormen.

Haha, nicely put. Ofc, I wasn't around when it was something other than a BT invites forum.

Getting rid of the trading section is a good idea, but imo it wouldn't increase the activity. After all, you often hear FST=traders' paradise. I think it would have the opposite efect. It would however improve FST reputation. A lot!

BT will not last forever, but FST will last longer than BT, that's for sure imo. And when there's another method on the rise, FST will be more active once more. I'm guessing this, I don't have enough experience to say from it.

JPaul
06-27-2009, 05:02 PM
It's actually got nothing to do with filesharing, or filesharing systems. It's got to do with the number of active, interesting members. So long as things are interesting or amusing people will come to read them, they will then join in or just lurk. However they will log in.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 05:07 PM

While I get your point,it's too bad everyone felt obliged to leave just because the place went Gay.
Far as I can tell no one is forcing anyone to dance here .

JPaul
06-27-2009, 05:34 PM

While I get your point,it's too bad everyone felt obliged to leave just because the place went Gay.
Far as I can tell no one is forcing anyone to dance here .

Of course they will leave, why drink in a gay bar if you're not gay, whether you are expected to dance or not. There's loads of pubs out there, as near as makes no difference an unlimited amount.

I don't think anyone feels obliged to leave, more likely they just do because they don't like gay bars. So they find a pub with a pool table and a dart board and a jukebox with decent music. Like the one they had before it went all gay.

The Flying Cow
06-27-2009, 05:47 PM

Nobody that hangs out in this rear end of the forum cares two hoots about the remaining members and sections. At least that's what I was always told.

As to those who agreed to be doormen, do you mean exitmen. I guess it goes both ways.

Qlix
06-27-2009, 09:53 PM
" This place is as dead as Steven Segal's career."

LMAO that made my day hahahaha. Randomness <3

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Of course they will leave, why drink in a gay bar if you're not gay, whether you are expected to dance or not. There's loads of pubs out there, as near as makes no difference an unlimited amount.

I don't think anyone feels obliged to leave, more likely they just do because they don't like gay bars. So they find a pub with a pool table and a dart board and a jukebox with decent music. Like the one they had before it went all gay.

What if the gay bar has a nice ambiance, a better than average menu and there's no leather involved ?

JPaul
06-28-2009, 12:28 AM

What if the gay bar has a nice ambiance, a better than average menu and there's no leather involved ?

It's still a gay bar.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2009, 12:35 AM
What if the liquor license is revoked ?

JPaul
06-28-2009, 01:04 AM
Look at the colour of your stars, then talk to me about it, doorman.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2009, 01:51 AM
It's not polite to gay bash.

The Flying Cow
06-28-2009, 10:55 AM
His whole metaphor is a joke. This place is far from a bar or anything like it.

Comparing the bt section to a gay bar to me is like comparing JP to a buttpirate.

I guess to him it's a bar...perhaps he gets kicks from here he can't find elsewhere.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 12:26 PM
His whole metaphor is a joke. This place is far from a bar or anything like it.

Comparing the bt section to a gay bar to me is like comparing JP to a buttpirate.

I guess to him it's a bar...perhaps he gets kicks from here he can't find elsewhere.

It really just goes to show why the hard of thinking shouldn't be allowed to talk with adults. No-one was comparing the BT section to anything.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2009, 12:31 PM
There's a BT section?

pffm
06-28-2009, 06:32 PM
look closely... the place is not dead, wally is there :)
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7048/2601055340518e35ccb.jpg

JPaul
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't find him, blackmamba.

IdolEyes787
06-28-2009, 07:48 PM
He looks gay.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Who does, "teh balackmamba" ?

IdolEyes787
06-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Him too.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:06 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rUOnT-66hGU/RvoktU-4M3I/AAAAAAAADRA/IUT1KMo-n4Y/s320/michael-ballack%5B1%5D.jpg

pffm
06-28-2009, 08:25 PM
:(

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi ballackmamba.

Barbarossa
06-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Broadband and Social Networking killed this forum.

In the old dial-up days, when you were waiting 30 minutes for your 128Kbps song to download, you could come into the forum and have a chat and a lark about, because there was fuck-all else to do.

Nowadays there isn't so much waiting time for songs, even movies take hardly any time at all to download, and so any waiting time you do have is spent on fucking Twatter or FaceFuck or wherever the kids hang out these days. (bebo :naughty: )

Anyway, that's it. That's why the forum is so shite now. Nobody has any spare time for it anymore.

JPaul
06-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Nah, it's your ubber harshness. That's when it all started going downhill.

Barbarossa
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Well that too.

Poor Guillaume :(

JPaul
06-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, you're almost as harsh as manker sometimes.

pffm
07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/Minstrel_bucket/cupcup.gif