PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson’s Death Causes Surge On BitTorrent

SonsOfLiberty
06-26-2009, 09:53 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=48

The ‘King of Pop’ may have died but his music lives on, and on file-sharing networks, maybe stronger than ever. Less than 24 hours after Jackson passed away hundreds of thousands of file-sharers have downloaded one or more of his albums on BitTorrent.

I seen tons and tons of Jackson stuff over the last day it's insane

Michael Jackson suffered a cardiac arrest on Thursday afternoon, which was likely caused by a Demerol overdose and ultimately led to his death.

There is no doubt that Jackson had a tremendous impact on several generations of musicians, and millions of people who grew up with his music. It is therefore no surprise to see that only hours after he was pronounced dead, his music is being sought by hundreds of thousands of people.

At the time of writing the three most active torrents in the music section on the largest torrent indexer, Mininova, are all compilations or discographies from the “King of Pop”. On top is a torrent listing 30 Michael Jackson albums, The Jackson 5 and The Jacksons, totaling 1.94 GB of music.

In common with social media sites, ‘Michael Jackson’ is one of the most sought after phrases on torrent sites too. The search cloud on Mininova is filled with Jackson-related searches from fans who want to complete their collection.

This renewed interest in Michael Jackson is not limited to just torrent sites though. On Amazon, Jackson’s work takes up the top 14 spots on the bestselling albums list. Currently the top 10 albums chart on iTunes is dominated by 7 Jackson albums. On eBay there is a similar boom with memorabilia being traded for ten times the prices of just two days ago.

It had been rumored by Michael Jackson biographer Ian Halperin that the ‘King of Pop’ had recorded as many as 100 unreleased tracks but was keeping them locked away. He claimed that upon Jackson’s death, the tracks would be made available to his three children as a personal legacy and to secure an inheritance.

With Jackson’s death the 100 songs could now become available, and considering his troubling financial situation it may not take very long before they become available to the public, in stores and on BitTorrent.

:source: Source: Written by Ernesto (http://torrentfreak.com/michael-jacksons-death-causes-surge-on-bittorrent-090626/)

farklefred
06-26-2009, 11:10 PM
If you go to youtube, almost every "currently being watched" video is MJ.

r_black
06-27-2009, 12:08 AM
R.I.P. Michael, the one and only King of Pop

TinkerBell
06-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Don't get me wrong he did have some decent songs. When thriller came out I was very young and everyone was singing it. It's just weird that no one remembers that he was accused of molesting little boys! And because of the money he has I like to say he pulled an O.J. Simpson. Any death is sad but I can't help but to throw this joke in. What did Wal-Mart and Micheal Jackson have in common? They both had little boys shorts half off. I'm sure I'll here some flames on that one. It's sick but true and funny!!!

iLOVENZB
06-27-2009, 01:38 AM
Don't get me wrong he did have some decent songs. When thriller came out I was very young and everyone was singing it. It's just weird that no one remembers that he was accused of molesting little boys! And because of the money he has I like to say he pulled an O.J. Simpson. Any death is sad but I can't help but to throw this joke in. What did Wal-Mart and Micheal Jackson have in common? They both had little boys shorts half off. I'm sure I'll here some flames on that one. It's sick but true and funny!!!

Ehh what? I WANT A THRILLER REMAKE at 1080p!!!! :w00t:

sez
06-27-2009, 01:54 AM

you sound exactly like some fucker we just kicked off a certain FB MJ group.

TinkerBell
06-27-2009, 01:58 AM
well yeah I guess the truth can hurt some.

harshytkage
06-27-2009, 01:58 AM

He was Acquited of ALL charges, not few but ALL...
Friggin Fracktards won't even let a guy fie in peace...

TinkerBell
06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
I'm just expressing my opinion if that's a crime I'm guilty. But the little boy did describe what his penis looked like. And if you don't live in the usa just because the courts prove your innocent doesn't mean you are. But he is dead but I'm sure he's not resting in peace. But i'm done with this topic to me he's just another dead pedophile.

Hairbautt
06-27-2009, 02:15 AM
But he is dead but I'm sure he's not resting in peace. But i'm done with this topic to me he's just another dead pedophile.
You know this for certain?

manu1991
06-27-2009, 10:52 AM
So was OJ Simpson

bondgannu
06-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmm.... bad for him
Anyways he is dead........... Maybe he has delt with his deeds

Rest in Peace

eric13
06-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm just expressing my opinion if that's a crime I'm guilty. But the little boy did describe what his penis looked like. And if you don't live in the usa just because the courts prove your innocent doesn't mean you are. But he is dead but I'm sure he's not resting in peace. But i'm done with this topic to me he's just another dead pedophile.
i wonder how he described his penis lol :lol: ok back to topic king is gone but not forgotten and all this pedo things are bs they just used his weirdness

pharaoh
06-29-2009, 12:46 AM
i wonder how he described his penis lol :lol: ok back to topic king is gone but not forgotten and all this pedo things are bs they just used his weirdness

I heard about that lol. I heard it had a mole or something like that on it.

Villalltheway
06-30-2009, 12:41 AM
And yet people here still question his impact.

P2PDog
06-30-2009, 02:59 AM
He might have had talent, but I felt nothing but relief when I heard the news.

He was an incredibly weird guy, who if not for his unique talent would have spent his entire life in an institution.

ulun64
06-30-2009, 05:28 AM
He might have had talent, but I felt nothing but relief when I heard the news.

He was an incredibly weird guy, who if not for his unique talent would have spent his entire life in an institution.

Based on your assumption, everyone should be in an institution!!!! Cos everyone got something weird going in their life.......

Funkin'
06-30-2009, 07:05 AM
You gotta love ignorance...

SonsOfLiberty
06-30-2009, 03:55 PM
So him admitting he slept with little boys (and not his own) doesn't sway any of you? Oh, oh, you forgot about that. No surprise, I'm sure all those little kids just made those stories up...just like all kids do...

RIP Micheal, and don't come back.

And he did die of a drug overdose, and there trying to compare that shit to the "King" (Elvis) don't ever compare MJ to the King bitches, the King will always and forever be the King.

Villalltheway
07-01-2009, 01:02 AM
And he did die of a drug overdose, and there trying to compare that shit to the "King" (Elvis) don't ever compare MJ to the King bitches, the King will always and forever be the King.

Ur right Elvis could never shift an album 50m plus.

SonsOfLiberty
07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Actually he has :lol:

Forbes magazine named Presley, for the fifth straight year, the top-earning deceased celebrity, grossing US$45 million for the Presley estate during the preceding year. In mid-2006, top place was taken by Nirvana's Kurt Cobain after the sale of his song catalogue, but Presley reclaimed the top spot in 2007..

And he still is...In 1973, Presley staged the first global live concert via satellite (Aloha from Hawaii), reaching at least one billion viewers live and an additional 500 million on delay..

You can't compare gold....Elvis is the gold standard.

Villalltheway
07-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Actually he has :lol:

Forbes magazine named Presley, for the fifth straight year, the top-earning deceased celebrity, grossing US$45 million for the Presley estate during the preceding year. In mid-2006, top place was taken by Nirvana's Kurt Cobain after the sale of his song catalogue, but Presley reclaimed the top spot in 2007..

And he still is...In 1973, Presley staged the first global live concert via satellite (Aloha from Hawaii), reaching at least one billion viewers live and an additional 500 million on delay..

You can't compare gold....Elvis is the gold standard.

I didnt mean money i meant numbers of units an album has sold, Thriller sold 50-100million copies plus > elvis and everyone else not even close,FACT.

stoi
07-01-2009, 07:19 PM
tbh who cares.

I dont like either MJ or Elvis, but MJ is not fit to tie Elvis`s shoelaces if we are honest about it.

Villalltheway
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
tbh who cares.

I dont like either MJ or Elvis, but MJ is not fit to tie Elvis`s shoelaces if we are honest about it.

Obviously u are deluding yourself so i think u need to be honest with yourself, not saying Elvis is not a great (even im not stupid enough and disrepectable not acknowledge that Elivis had a massive impact on music), but to say MJ is not fit to tie elvis shoes laces is just stupid. Most grammy award for a solo artist, most number 1's on the hot 100 for a male artist, highest selling album of all time, rock and roll hall of fame twice catalog of music that is probably worth a billion, so maybe u need to sit down and be honest with yourself.

Skiz
07-01-2009, 10:29 PM

No he wasn't. The original charges were dropped by the plaintiff after he gave them several million dollars. 14 if I recall but I could certainly be wrong. I haven't run off to Google it...

This is what prompted the "Michael Jackson Law" in California requiring that if a charge is filed, it must be followed up on.

stoi
07-01-2009, 10:52 PM
tbh who cares.

Obviously u are deluding yourself so i think u need to be honest with yourself, not saying Elvis is not a great (even im not stupid enough and disrepectable not acknowledge that Elivis had a massive impact on music), but to say MJ is not fit to tie elvis shoes laces is just stupid. Most grammy award for a solo artist, most number 1's on the hot 100 for a male artist, highest selling album of all time, rock and roll hall of fame twice catalog of music that is probably worth a billion, so maybe u need to sit down and be honest with yourself.

I am sitting down and i am being honest with myself, MJ was a good entertainer, but thats about it, Thriller sold so many coppies because it was something new and never seen before (the video i mean, and i am sure MTV Helped, which is something Elvis never had at his disposal), yes he has got millions of fans, i am not debating that, yes he did sell loads of records and got grammys (big deal), but he is definately not a better musician than Elvis.

They wre both a bit screwed in the head mind.

what i find weird is, it is reported that MJ sold 750mil albums worldwide, that does not include merchandise, tours, singles etc, but his earnings were only 700mil in his lifetime.

That just does not add up at all, mind you with the music industry, anything is possible.

SonsOfLiberty
07-02-2009, 01:47 AM
So what MJ has the "most" sold, Elvis is still the #1 of all time sales, and is the "biggest" of the dead ones. FACT, Wiki Elvis and you shall see the light :lol: no offense, I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but Elvis (I don't even like his music that much) will be the King, sorry MJ, guess you'll need to be the Queen.

zot
07-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Elvis was popular at a time when recording stars were generally only marketed in their home country (before the "British invasion").

Britain's closest counterpart to Elvis might have been Cliff Richard, who was immensely popular in the UK but virtually unknown in America.

Jacko's sales record set by thriller is in no danger of being broken -- not by a long shot. Thriller sold about 30 million copies in the US alone. These days an album is considered exceptionally lucky to sell 3 million.

SonsOfLiberty
07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Guess that goes to show how the internet has affected music sales, there's no way anyone is going to tell that if the internet was in full tilt like it was now, MJ would have about 3 million sold too, well that's what I would guess. Also I guess attributed to a certain "generation" too.

buggyfresh
07-02-2009, 03:23 AM
So him admitting he slept with little boys (and not his own) doesn't sway any of you? Oh, oh, you forgot about that. No surprise, I'm sure all those little kids just made those stories up...just like all kids do...

RIP Micheal, and don't come back.

Talk about spinning - he admitted that boys slept in his bed while he slept on the ground..how selectively media-life of you. Unless some of you were some of these boys with their pants half down their is no way under the sun you (or I) know the truth of the matter. Only ppl who will ever know are MJ and the accusers.

And Elvis may be the King of Rock (The Beatles probably are bigger than he ever was too) - but I bet not even half the ppl who can sing "Beat It" word for word ever heard of him. There's a reason Thriller is the best selling album of all time - it beats the socks off everything else. Keep living in fairyland (ah-uh huh) Elvis had nothing on MJ except he did the drug overdose first and was touched by his mama.

Elvis was great but his music was limited (like Johnny Cash for example) - that is why it wasn't as global, not marketing. MJ may have been King of Pop but his music crossed genres. OFC it's all opinion but check back in 5-10 yrs on that wiki when it's been properly updated lol!

SonsOfLiberty
07-02-2009, 04:40 AM
You have to remember the "time frame" as well, and what "era" they were in, there are many many factors. Elvis wasn't around all that long. If Johnny Cash started today or even Elvis for that matter, they would be the "next big thing". I mean common Johnny Cash has more of everything (besides the records sold) than anything MJ will ever have.

Riddle me this Batman, if MJ was innocent why did he buy his innocence?

And don't tell it's some convoluted story that the "mom and dad" made up to get rich

Villalltheway
07-02-2009, 05:09 PM
You have to remember the "time frame" as well, and what "era" they were in, there are many many factors. Elvis wasn't around all that long. If Johnny Cash started today or even Elvis for that matter, they would be the "next big thing". I mean common Johnny Cash has more of everything (besides the records sold) than anything MJ will ever have.

Johny who??????????, exactly not saying he was crap or anything but he was just a country artist who appealed to white north americans, come to europe or the rest of the world and most would be Johny who??? Go to south east LA and they be like Johny who???, i mean come on his hottest song was a NiN cover. Where as Michael Jackson u can go to South East LA Texas, eurpoe, africa, south america, asia etc and there would be Michael Jackson fans, thats the difference mate Johny Cash for white north americans, Michael Jackson where as appeals to all races countries of all ages.

Also if Johnny Cash was so hot how come after he died i didnt hear his music being played 24/7 all over radio and tv like MJ. U really think he could of come to the uk and sell out the 02 arena 50 times over, something tells me i doubt it, where as for MJ it was sold out in hours.

Riddle me this Batman, if MJ was innocent why did he buy his innocence?

And don't tell it's some convoluted story that the "mom and dad" made up to get rich

Well let me hit u with it he may of settled in a civil case, but end of the day u can not settle a criminal case, if he was so guilty how come there was not enough evidence to find him guilty.

Anyway forget about that what has these sexual allegations got to with,

Thriller or Bad etc

Nothing exactly, just because u may think he is guilty dont change the FACTS, that Thriller was probably one of the greatest albums ever, that MJ was performing at the age of 8 and smashing it. End of the day guilty or not it has nothing to do about the music, it dont change his performace at Motown 25 does it?

SonsOfLiberty
07-02-2009, 06:38 PM
No it doesn't change his performance's and sales, I agree with that, he will forever though have a * by his name.

I did hear on the radio, that this "week" he sold 400,000 CD's, so just think about how much was downloaded :lol:

Also, Jackson was popular in the 80's and after the that he kind of vanished. Like I said you have to remember the generation they were in, do you agree with that?

Like I said it was the 80's, if the internet was around like is now, you wouldn't see Thiller setting atop the most sold album totem pole.

Elvis could sell out that arena, how's come Las Vegas is "dedicated" to him?

Villalltheway
07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Like I said it was the 80's, if the internet was around like is now, you wouldn't see Thiller setting atop the most sold album totem pole.

Really what would be at the top then??? Hanna Montana :lol:???? Because remember there was no internet also for rolling stones, elvis, beatles, bob dylan, jimi hendrix etc

Elvis could sell out that arena, how's come Las Vegas is "dedicated" to him?

Never said he couldnt.

SonsOfLiberty
07-08-2009, 02:46 AM
It's not hard to be the "King" pop when you competing against Hannah Montana and Britney Spears...

Here's the MJ Memorial (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-tv-nzbs-120/t-michael-jackson-1958-2009-memorial-hdtv-xvid-2hd-repost-3cds-358427/) in case you missed it.

iLOVENZB
07-08-2009, 03:51 AM
He's worth more dead than alive.