PDA

View Full Version : Anti-trading groups

Tiny
06-26-2009, 10:46 PM
What groups exist? What is their purpose? How do I join them? :)

NSMB
06-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I actually think there's a whole website of staffmembers that find traders etc, can't recall the name or the URL though. Even seen traders looking for it thinking it's a tracker. It's also pretty secret.

Roooney
06-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Would love to be a part of that group tbh. I've seen lots of threads on other forums where they post info from known traders. This info are then sent out to trackers as a warning.

Skiz
06-27-2009, 08:47 AM
What is their purpose?

Hmmm... the purpose of an "anti-trading group".....?

I'm not sure. That's a tough one.... :eyebrows:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're against trading.

n00bz0r
06-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Ask some hormonally challenged traders who have been caught be them..
they will be able to answer it better..seriously!

My knowledge is limited on this topic..but still, since ya asked so nicely, i am willing to share some gyan .. Anti trading groups are the ones that are against trading, and are anti traders.
You shall never ask for invitations to these clubs..they will come to you. Period.

:lol:
:fst:

Tiny
06-27-2009, 08:56 AM
That is obvious, but what do they actually do in their group?
I mean why whould they create a site/forum just to be against trading. What is going on in their forums?

Ps. thanks for clearing the spam Skiz. :D

sez
06-27-2009, 10:49 AM
What is going on in their forums?

How about their lives.

1000possibleclaws
06-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I mean why whould they create a site/forum just to be against trading. What is going on in their forums?

A place for 'tards to suck up to the guys with the 'rare' 'community' invites, who in turn over-glorify themselves with a sense of importance. Well that is my cup-half-empty interpretation of them at least.

It could be hard to make real lasting relationships with all the deceit and sucking up going on. I would be wary if you decide to join one. Sure there are probably genuine good people; I know people on them who are good torrenters as well as friends. An important thing to keep in mind is to not assume the userbase in general is any more sincere than anywhere else. Most honest people don't need to join private forums or declare themselves anti-trader, but alot of two-faced, mindless, opinionless sheep (aka 'collectors') see them as their only means of climbing the proverbial ladder of bittorrent hierarchy, cause I mean, they've got nothing else going for them.

n00bz0r
06-27-2009, 11:26 AM

A place for 'tards to suck up to the guys with the 'rare' 'community' invites, who in turn over-glorify themselves with a sense of importance. Well that is my cup-half-empty interpretation of them at least.

It could be hard to make real lasting relationships with all the deceit and sucking up going on. I would be wary if you decide to join one. Sure there are probably genuine good people; I know people on them who are good torrenters as well as friends. An important thing to keep in mind is to not assume the userbase in general is any more sincere than anywhere else. Most honest people don't need to join private forums or declare themselves anti-trader, but alot of two-faced, mindless, opinionless sheep (aka 'collectors') see them as their only means of climbing the proverbial ladder of bittorrent hierarchy, cause I mean, they've got nothing else going for them.

well said TSOL. :cheers:

mrnobody
06-27-2009, 12:07 PM
What groups exist?

there used to be Anti-Trade Group (ATG) in FST.

Jezebel
06-27-2009, 12:16 PM
What groups exist?

there used to be Anti-Trade Group (ATG) in FST.
There's also ISC (Israeli sharing crew), ESC (Elite sharing crew), BCC (Bearded clam club) etc. All bunch of retired traders. :naughty:

edit: not all of them are retired. :whistling:

The_Martinator
06-27-2009, 12:39 PM
What I find odd here is that the OP was all for trading a couple of weeks ago.

I guess that's what most people hate about anti-traders, that some of them (not all of them, not even most of them imo, TSOL) are just sucking up to get the hard to get sites and some of those are actually traders that lost everything (torrent wise) via trading like Tiny here and are hoping to have another go at the BT thing.

n00bz0r
06-27-2009, 01:27 PM
What I find odd here is that the OP was all for trading a couple of weeks ago.

I guess that's what most people hate about anti-traders, that some of them (not all of them, not even most of them imo, TSOL) are just sucking up to get the hard to get sites and some of those are actually traders that lost everything (torrent wise) via trading like Tiny here and are hoping to have another go at the BT thing.

quite true
the funny part is..most of the anti-traders don't even know why trading is bad.
They just hear that goin "after" traders is cool, and joining some neighborhood anti trading group is even better..
It increases the chances of sucking up to some guy who "might" have that invite to the tracker they have been "dreaming" of.
I am not saying everyone is like that...but most of the newbs (not referring to you..tiny!) on the lookout for such "clubs" have a single point agenda of creating this "cool" image around themselves.. and assert the point in front of prospective invitees that they have a set of "ethics" and "firmly believe in the cause" they don't have a clue about.

Guys who are genuine, don't need this facade around themselves, they know whats right, and what's not. They don't need approval of some sort of "consortium" to acknowledge that they are the "good" guys.
With that said, going after an anti trading group is lame imho.
And even more so, after an unsuccessful trading career.
Its just better to start off again with a different approach, and being true to yourself. Mind it, i never said that your beliefs require some sort of a seal of approval. So the entire point of even worrying about such groups is a no brainer.

anyway, thats just my perspective. Go on..do your thing!

Peace

benchez' mum
06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
As usual, everyone has mixed a lot of unrelated sites with some presumptions and come up with a load of bollocks. :dabs:

realityhd
06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.nambla.org

xuxoxux
06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.nambla.org

Wrong type of club mate. Good try though.

What exactly do these anti-trading clubs do in terms of taking action? Or do they just find and condemn the people who trade?

Polarbear
06-27-2009, 05:30 PM
When are you going to realise that the OP is a troll and stop feeding him?

1000possibleclaws
06-27-2009, 07:04 PM
As usual, everyone has mixed a lot of unrelated sites with some presumptions and come up with a load of bollocks. :dabs:

The OP couldn't have been more vague, and you're right the varied answers because of this probably won't help or enlighten anyone. :pinch:

Cabalo
06-27-2009, 07:16 PM
What groups exist? What is their purpose? How do I join them? :)
http://www.salagir.com/gfx/troll-web.jpg

antrax34130
06-27-2009, 07:35 PM
CFS, Revolt, FS*E are anti-trader forums? Is there other forums like these (a list please)

what is IC?

1000possibleclaws
06-27-2009, 07:40 PM
CFS, Revolt, FS*E are anti-trader forums? Is there other forums like these (a list please)

what is IC?

No, we're not gonna advertise every other bittorrent forum.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 09:00 PM

what is IC?

No, we're not gonna advertise every other bittorrent forum.

Are those forums simply opposed to trading or antitrader ? In my mind at least there is a big difference.

And as to listing other forums I would prefer that freedom of speech is practiced here even if it is possibly detrimental to this site.

Can't get the list from me though .I haven't the foggiest about other forums.:blink:

1000possibleclaws
06-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Well they will get an infraction and a deleted post for advertising, it's not like my made up rule or anything. Good members have been banned for this before, I'm just doing future possible posters a favor. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not saying that you did but what advertising ?

The rule - "Advertising or soliciting a product or site for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited".

Definition of advertising : "The activity of attracting public attention to a product or business, as by paid announcements in the print, broadcast, or electronic media". ( not entirely accurate of course because one can advertise without any compensation being involved)

I'm not looking to argue but I don't see how simply answering someone's question is wrong or could be possibly viewed as advertising?On the contrary I think by asking a members question the site is enriched not lessened.

And yes I'm an insufferable pain in the ass over right and wrong and people don't especially like me .