PDA

View Full Version : Blocknews 200 gigs for 25 bucks, and other packages!

hdjunky
06-27-2009, 03:13 AM
By now it seems everyone is just trying to up the other, but I guess in the end we all win!:w00t: Never the less, to one up Astraweb and I guess all other block account providers, all the prices at Blocknews (http://blocknews.net) have changed. 200 Gigs for $25 is the biggest deal I saw which trumps Astraweb now, but there other prices do not seem to bad either. Usenetnews is the only other block provider I know of so that is what I am basing my thoughts off of. It seems they split off there unlimited accounts to Usenetnow. I think if you can make 200 gigs last for 2-3 months, the block route may be a better deal than an unlimited account, but this of course depends on your usage habits. I have had nothing but good luck with my Usenetnow account so if they are the same, service wise, those who use less traffic can get a real good deal.

freeinvites
06-30-2009, 01:44 AM
delete

hdjunky
06-30-2009, 03:25 AM
Support wise they are great! I can say that from personal experience (available on weekends and stuff). I had 5 gigabytes left on my account there when they transferred the service, works like it should. Price wise they did not use to be very competitive, but with the new prices, I think they have rocketed to the top. I use there unlimited service now (usenetnow), but will probably switch over to this deal due to my download amounts, but either way I think it is safe for me to say I will be using them in one way or another, unlimited or block. I think you will see more people comment on them once the prices really get around the inter-webs!

zot
06-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Blocknews was always high priced before, and until now seemed to be moving away from block accounts (putting blocks at the bottom of their pricelist page under all the pay-by-month accounts)

But with their new lower block prices, Blocknews.net now appars to be the cheapest block account provider, undercutting Usenet-News.net across the board.

I suspect that unlike Usenet-news, Blocknews does not offer 24/7 tech support, since there is no mention of support hours on their website.