PDA

View Full Version : Giving away invites

pharaoh
06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public. I know technically even giving away an invite is a security risk. But I would like to share some of my wealth. I'm no complete moron I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no. I was wondering about others. I surely don't want to jeopardize my accounts due to generosity. Thanks in advance.

Polarbear
06-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public. I know technically even giving away an invite is a security risk. But I would like to share some of my wealth. I'm no complete moron I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no. I was wondering about others. I surely don't want to jeopardize my accounts due to generosity. Thanks in advance.

Why don't you ask tracker staff wether it's OK to give invites on FST. I can already tell you that 90% will answer it's a no go.

Why so careful (ex)trader? Fed up of getting banned?

realityhd
06-27-2009, 06:08 PM
If it isn't in their FAQ then you should be alright.

pharaoh
06-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah I've done some trading in the past I am well aware that I screwed up. Who hasn't screwed up before. But instead of just creating another account and hiding it I've admitted to my mistakes. I'm also aware that giving invites is just as dangerous as trading. I'm being careful because I don't want to do anything against site rules. But I would like to give invites away to what may be deserving people. It seems that many people give away invites and I wanted to do the same. But thanks for your reply, I know now it's not a good idea. I have all I need pretty much and as I mentioned I don't want to lose what I have due to generosity. Thanks polarbear.

IdolEyes787
06-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Here's a start of those that are against their rules to give away I'm sure there are more ( ie just about every other one )

BitMe
BitMeTV
Bitspyder
BCG
Breathe
CartoonChaos
Comic-Releech
elektronik
fsc
fux0r
F***
goem
GFT
iTS
LzTr
Ntorrents
PtP
RevTT
ScienceHD
STC
ScL
ScT
STB
TC
U*-*
VIPMusic
What.CD
x264

Qlix
06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
My personal opinion is that you should invite people you know and trust in order to improve the tracker rather than inviting ratio cheaters and such. :)

sez
06-27-2009, 10:13 PM
So long as you are not enriching or benefiting yourself(by e.g selling or trading the invites)and are trying to improve the tracker and are careful with whom you invite,i believe you'll be very much within the spirit of all the tracker rules.if you are responsible enough you really don't need tracker rules to baby sit you around.Staffers lead this by example through their own public giveaways and the more generous email only irc giveaways.

Just be careful who you invite.

Louie
06-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I want to give away some invites. I was wondering if a thread existed which states which sites are ok to give away in public.

Why give invites if you dont want to put your accounts on risk?

I know for example giving away ftwr invites in public is a no no.

Actually you cant give ftwr invites because arent.

b3owulf
06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Here's a start of those that are against their rules to give away I'm sure there are more ( ie just about every other one )

haha, nice list, it's from TPS, right? :) Also, I recommend not giving away invites to any tracker on FST. Just too many scamers / traders / cheaters... And the rules of trackers also...

Louie
06-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Also, I recommend not giving away invites to any tracker on FST. Just too many scamers / traders / cheaters...

Did you verified them all?