PDA

View Full Version : wot r the rules about starting fires on beaches?

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 02:57 PM
when i walk home from wurk i see people having bbqs on the beach, they just dig a hole in the pebbles and maik a fire there and put lyke a little grill over it then slap some sawsages on top ...but is it ok to start a fire on a beach? can ewe go to prison for it lyke? :eyebrows:

Skiz
06-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Do you plan on starting a fire in someones pants?

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 03:27 PM
i already have, she just wont notice for a few days ...call it a leaving present :sneaky:

srysly though, do ewe need permishun from the police in engerland to start a fire on the ground on a public beach? :eyebrows:

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Depends who owns the beach. NT run beaches you not allowed to hav fires but cant really stop it. Best you can hope for is that people clean up after themselves.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 05:08 PM
does it say on the internets who owns eastbourne beach? :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
06-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Will they not let you have they're sausages or something :smilie4:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Legally you can start a fire on any beach in the UK, so long as it is made using driftwood from that beach. The basis being that all you are doing is converting deadwood to ashes, which will break down quicker. This was successfully argued in Regina v Basset et alia

I just made that up btw. Cool or what.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 06:27 PM
oh ffs, i might as well google it :fist:

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh FFS!!

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/leisure/seafront/beach-barbecues/

Eastbourne Council

JPaul
06-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Lazy cow, you could have copied it for the man

Quick Barbecuing Rules and Regulations

Barbecues are only permissible between 6pm and 11pm

Only light your barbecue on designated beaches or areas. Do not light a barbecue on the beaches between the Pier and the Wish Tower or on any promenade or grass area

Dispose of your litter in the bins provided when you leave

Do not play amplified music

If you intend to have alcoholic drinks with your barbecue, check the signage to make sure you are not in a “No Drinking” area.

Do not have more than 20 Persons at your gathering (more than 20 constitutes an event and requires a permit for the event to take place – which can be issued by Seafront Services). These barbecues can only hold be held on beaches 67 to 69 (in front of Fort Fun car park).

http://www.eastbourne.gov.uk/EasySiteWeb/getresource.axd?AssetID=3658&type=full&servicetype=Inline&customSizeId=0

Beaches Where Barbecues are Allowed

Beaches 1 to 25 - Holywell to the Wish Tower

Beaches 40 to 55 - Pier to the Redoubt

Beaches 64 to 69 - Opposite Princes Park entrance from the next beach eastwards of Fisherman's Green to Fort Fun entrance.

Beaches 86 to 94 - Langney point from the beach opposite dotto turning circle to end of beaches before harbour wall.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
oh ffs, you could at least break it up with some nice pictures!

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh FFS!!

Eastbourne Council
cheers, sugar tits - that was informative to the macs - i'll save you some sausage :smilie4:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 06:40 PM
oh ffs, you could at least break it up with some nice pictures!

Done.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh FFS!!

Eastbourne Council
cheers, sugar tits - that was informative to the macs - i'll save you some sausage :smilie4:

http://cheeseburgerbrown.com/articles/Hot_Dog-a-frank-story.jpg

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh FFS!!

Eastbourne Council

No problem! Burn your coals down and cook your sausages slowly, and you'll avoid that burnt on the outside, raw on the inside, gonna poison you thing. I love cooking outside. Last time we went away I smuggled all the ingredients into the bottom of the cool box, and cooked up a damn fine curry, complete with poppadoms and dips. It was fucking awesome.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM

No problem! Burn your coals down and cook your sausages slowly, and you'll avoid that burnt on the outside, raw on the inside, gonna poison you thing. I love cooking outside. Last time we went away I smuggled all the ingredients into the bottom of the cool box, and cooked up a damn fine curry, complete with poppadoms and dips. It was fucking awesome.
http://www.szilagyi.us/images/Random/homer-drool.jpg
whats the best way to do a fire then? on a beach lyke - i was thinking of digging a small hole in the pebbles and putting some sticks and shit in it and setting fire to that then putting a small grill type thing over it? :eyebrows:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 07:40 PM

And also plan ahead allowing for cooking times. Chicken on first, then sausages, then burgers. When the chicken is cooked, or almost, put it to the coolest part. It will keep cooking through slowly with just a little heat. Move the charcoal away from directly under it if necessary. Also have the facility to raise and lower the food if at all possible. That give you control of the temperature or something else.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 07:58 PM
fucking hell this is sounding hard now, i was only gonna do burgers and sawsages.

so is this right then, dig a hole - put coal in the hole - set fire to the coal - put the grill over the hole so its just about touching the flames lyke - then put the meat on the grill until it goes a better colour?

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 07:59 PM
its to impress a lady friend, i can't very well have her dieing of food poisoning before i've had the chance to jizz in her mouth :pinch:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:00 PM
:lol:

Absolutely correct, good luck with the food poisoning and the food that tastes terrible.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
oh don't be like that ffs, what's wrong with what i said??? :unsure:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Buy a wee instant barbecue ffs. It'll cost you fuck all.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
that's fucking cheating! i want to do a proper one lyke!1

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:04 PM
:lol: How is it cheating.
http://barbequick.net/store/images/InstantBBQs.jpg

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:08 PM
that looks just as hard, where does the fire go? in the tray or underneath it? :eyebrows: /looking on youtube for videos on how to do it but there's fuck all useful :pinch:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Arse off Mr arse.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:13 PM
that instant bbq is just a tray right? so the fire has to go underneath it? so i assume it also has legs so the tray doesn't burn? :eyebrows:

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:14 PM
this is the internets for fucks sake, there must be a guide for this

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
that instant bbq is just a tray right? so the fire has to go underneath it? so i assume it also has legs so the tray doesn't burn? :eyebrows:

GIRUY cawklord.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:20 PM
This is you and your wanking partner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t32psFJ0q0

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Racists. i only wanted some help :sadwalk:

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Just get the instant barbecue, tard.

Mr. Mulder
06-28-2009, 08:34 PM
it comes with coals rite? you set fire to the coals, wait for them to turn gray then put the meat on? yes?

JPaul
06-28-2009, 08:37 PM
That's about it.

You can even put it in your wee pebble hole if you want.

Biggles
06-28-2009, 08:53 PM
That's about it.

You can even put it in your wee pebble hole if you want.

Harsh euphemism FTW

Oh wait...wee pebble hole on the beach :fist:

you could sort of semi disguise it to make it look like a real crocodile dundee kosher job.

JPaul
06-28-2009, 09:07 PM
You've taken that too far.

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
fire on a beach.

1. Get some stones and make a small circle.
2. Put some little sticks and twisted up paper in it. Fire lighters or firelighting gel will help too. This is your kindling. It burns quickly and will help light your bigger, longer lasting fuel
3. Put several smallish logs (from supermarket, garage, etc. freshly collected wood is often damp) on at angles over your kindling. Kinda like a pyramid stuffed with kindling. Leave gaps so air can get to the base of the fire.
4. Light the kindling.
5. Hopefully your logs will catch fire.
6. You might need to blow gently into the base to help the kidling burn the logs.
7. when the fire is burning nicely, sit back and enjoy some beer. When it's burned down (few hours) and is glowing hot put a wire grill over it. I use the one i use in the house, just the wire bit not the tray,
8. cook food.
9. Don't start too big, just put a few logs on or you'll smother your kindling.
10. Turn your logs frequently to the unburnt bits to burn them

If you don't have time to sit back and enjoy the making fire/burning it down bit, use an instant barbeque. Take the lid off, light the coal, wait for the flames to stop (you don't want to cook in flames, your food will taste of coal) and cook.

Or use one of these amazing things. I've seen them in all the major supermarkets this year. It's a fire bucket, its a barbeque, and you can take it away with you after and causes no mess to the surroundings you are enjoying. Fab. Any more help you need lovely, just ask.

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00zMRTPcifRhbtM/Bucket-Grill-BQ43-.jpg

JPaul
06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, burger van boy will wait a few hours for the fire to be ready to cook on.

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 09:34 PM
One can live in hope. This is why I gave him alternatives though.

Biggles
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
fire on a beach.

2. Put some little sticks and twisted up paper in it. Fire lighters or firelighting gel will help too. This is your kindling. It burns quickly and will help light your bigger, longer lasting fuel
3. Put several smallish logs (from supermarket, garage, etc. freshly collected wood is often damp) on at angles over your kindling. Kinda like a pyramid stuffed with kindling. Leave gaps so air can get to the base of the fire.
4. Light the kindling.
6. You might need to blow gently into the base to help the kidling burn the logs.
7. when the fire is burning nicely, sit back and enjoy some beer. When it's burned down (few hours) and is glowing hot put a wire grill over it. I use the one i use in the house, just the wire bit not the tray,
8. cook food.

If you don't have time to sit back and enjoy the making fire/burning it down bit, use an instant barbeque. Take the lid off, light the coal, wait for the flames to stop (you don't want to cook in flames, your food will taste of coal) and cook.

Or use one of these amazing things. I've seen them in all the major supermarkets this year. It's a fire bucket, its a barbeque, and you can take it away with you after and causes no mess to the surroundings you are enjoying. Fab. Any more help you need lovely, just ask.

That looks like a fantastic means to set fire to the car on the way home.

CrabGirl
06-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Sigh.

If I can build fire, being a girl an all, then testosterone boy can surely harness his manhood and build one too...

JPaul
06-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Oh I'm sure he could light it, couple of gallons of petrol, sorted.

It's the waiting bit I have my doubts about.

mickstavros
06-28-2009, 11:08 PM
...i see people having bbqs on the beach, they just dig a hole in the pebbles...

Why are there pebbles on the beach? A beach is sand, clean white sand and hot sun. Might as well go have a bbq in a quarry or a pile of stones in a garden supply yard.:)

lynx
06-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Please note that the beaches are all numbered on the actual beach itself.

Madness!
They must need a small army to replace the numbers twice a day.

Some twat obviously needs a swift kick in the groyne.

Mr. Mulder
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
fire on a beach.

4. Light the kindling.
8. cook food.

best.guide.evar.

Barbarossa
06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Mouldy, get one of those bags of charcoal jobbies. You just set fire to the bag, which in turn sets fire to the charcoal inside.

Hollow out some stones, put the bag in, light it, and then stick an oven shelf or something over the top.

Cook meat. :smilie4:

Once it gets going, just add extra charcoal as and when it looks like it's dying down.

Easy. As. Piss.

Snee
06-29-2009, 03:47 PM
its to impress a lady friend
Fuck's sake. Can't you just do that thing where you pretend to steal her nose, or pick coins from behind her ear or something.

Hairbautt
06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Startin' a fire on a beach over here is a $5,000 fine or a maximum of 5 years in prison, I believe.

Barbarossa
06-29-2009, 04:12 PM
"Land of the free".... :whistling

CrabGirl
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
fire on a beach.

4. Light the kindling.
8. cook food.

best.guide.evar.

No problem. Next installment, how to make a waterproof shelter out of a few sticks and a cocktail umbrella.

Honestly though Mulder, ignore these guys. How are you meant to know how to do stuff if you've never done it before? There's a first time for everything, and life is about learning new things. Rest of you chaps, you should be ashamed of yourselves...

Still wouldn't let him feed me chicken he'd cooked on a beach barbeque though. :sick:

JPaul
06-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Yeah, you're all talk till it comes down to sampling his giblets.

Mr. Mulder
06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
barbies idea sounds easier and manlier, but cg's sounds like it would definitely work :eyebrows: i may even go all out and get some wine in, break out the blue nun - that plus a beach barbecue would result in anal for sure :smilie4:

JPaul
06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Pretty much guaranteed I wood have thought.

Biggles
06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Startin' a fire on a beach over here is a $5,000 fine or a maximum of 5 years in prison, I believe.

Montana is a strict state non?

Mr. Mulder
07-01-2009, 06:59 AM
in Montana the fire starts you.

CrabGirl
07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Did you do it? I tried one of them fire buckets this weekend that I picked up from millets for 2.99 It worked fine.

Mr. Mulder
07-05-2009, 04:16 PM
its not till next sunday but today i bought a two pack of instant bbq's, less messing around and the food will definitely get done that way plus she said if we do it somewhere secluded she'd definitely shag me on the beach - epic win :smilie4:

CrabGirl
07-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hahahahah. Classy bird you've pulled there!

Skweeky
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
best.guide.evar.

No problem. Next installment, how to make a waterproof shelter out of a few sticks and a cocktail umbrella.

Honestly though Mulder, ignore these guys. How are you meant to know how to do stuff if you've never done it before? There's a first time for everything, and life is about learning new things. Rest of you chaps, you should be ashamed of yourselves...

Still wouldn't let him feed me chicken he'd cooked on a beach barbeque though. :sick:

He'd probably let it defrost in the sun for a few hours