PDA

View Full Version : What's the fastet pre chan?

OnEyM
06-30-2009, 11:44 AM
So recently there was a lot of hype about which tracker has the best pre times. But everyone tells that there are several sites with pre times that are almost the same. But it didn't satisfy me. So I decided to make my own research to tell what are the best pre times around.

But it's not easy as it may sound. First you have to join a pre chan. So I joined several pre chans and started my calculations. I got amazingly shocked that pre chans have different time of when the release appears there.

tl;dr So what pre chan has the best speeds on new releases?

So cheers and good day, commander.

LubTheStaringCat
06-30-2009, 12:30 PM
Why are so many people so crazy about pre times, I've never seen the point of It.

iLOVENZB
06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Ehh I bet your comparing using a public pre channel? Most of those are backdoor channels mate, which aren't that accurate (major delay) ;)

Just join the scene if it means that much to you :P

realityhd
06-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Yo dawg I heard you like pre times, so I put a pre time in your pre chan so you could pre while you pre.

http://i43.tinypic.com/a3z5ux.jpg

tippertime
06-30-2009, 02:21 PM
is pre chan kinda like 4chan?

TP635
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
is pre chan kinda like 4chan?

No. the opposite; pre chan is how fast; 4 chan is how long.:D

OnEyM
06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
bump, still need some prechans, the prechans I'm on are late for like 10hrs

TONiC
06-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Use a private chan from a private bt tracker...

nthpeter
06-20-2010, 08:13 PM
bump, still need some prechans, the prechans I'm on are late for like 10hrs

what? i dont think that a pre chan could have such a delay. Its not a prechan.

DanielleD87
06-21-2010, 08:54 AM
I don't think you know what a pre chan is. A pre chan tells you when a rls first hits the net. 5+ years ago the average bt pre chan was 6+ seconds late on most pres but today most of them are as fast as topsites give-or-take the side of the net the grp pred on. Like US/EU divide on pre chans can be a second or two sometimes.

chrisbeebops
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
The pre channel of most private trackers works fine.

or irc.p2p-net.eu #pre

At least the channels I usually look at, the delay is maybe 2s tops, mostly depends on irc latency of the relays and how many relay hops are needed to reach the channel.

Chief_Garbonzo
06-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Just curious OP, but, was wondering why you want the 'fastest' pre-chan? A lot of trackers have their own exclusive chan to members. I will go into the pre-chans sometimes to watch for a release that I am dire for, or to lookup stuff with dupe checks. However my only concerns for pre-chans are the ones that are easiest on the eyes... lol. Some of them have off the wall crazy neon colors or bad formatting and you can't follow the input as easy as you'd like. Anyhow, yah, just curious on why, commander. :smile2:

iLOVENZB
06-22-2010, 07:47 AM
http://searchirc.com/irc-pre-1

The one on p2p-net is probably what you're after.