PDA

View Full Version : Freeproxy

The_Hunter
09-29-2003, 08:01 AM
I was looking at a program called freeproxy can anyone explain what it does and what its for.

asmithz
09-29-2003, 08:05 AM
Connects you to a proxys. Web site send misc information that you dont need and it gets information from you. Like your IP number. A proxy just gives you the site, witch is faster in the most part.

I recommend A4Proxy best.

wienerschnitzel
09-29-2003, 08:06 AM
Google can (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...F-8&q=freeproxy (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=freeproxy))

the 2nd and 5th links are the best. let me quote them for you.

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~gregr/freeproxy.htm

What does it do ?
FreeProxy is professional Freeware which channels requests for internet pages via a single computer and enables many computers to share an internet connection. If you have dial-up internet access, you can use the Demand Dial or Auto-Dial feature to dial up the internet either when it detects you want to access the internet (demand) or maintain a strict schedule of connection times (auto). Works fast with Cable/Broadband.

http://download.com.com/3000-2381-10049490.html

V3.5 is a significant upgrade to the product which allows many users to share an internet connection. The basic features includes proxying HTTP, SMTP, POP, FTP over HTTP, TCP Tunneling and now also SOCKS5. Works well with a wide range of clients including Browsers, ICQ and MSN messenger and comprehensive help illustrates the setup of these clients. In addition, FreeProxy includes authentication to both an internal user database or to a windows domain, extensive reporting, comprehensive control of resource permissions, URL filtering, IP address filtering, local port binding, demand dialing, calendar control, proxy chaining, includes a functional web server plus numerous other features. Will run as a service in all platforms from Win98, ME, 2000, XP, NT through to Server 2003. FreeProxy is professional freeware geared for volume usage but will still have you up and running in a matter of minutes. Free support available by email.

:huh:

Russo
09-29-2003, 09:39 AM
Most people use proxies to be anonymous and hide their IP address and for other security reasons. but most free proxies are incredibly slow

MediaSlayer
09-29-2003, 12:39 PM
i've been trying all night and after many, many failures i can't get proxyrama to chain any proxies succesfully, when i go to ie it complains even if the proxies are valid. maybe its cuz i run sygate???? this version5.0pro build1150 is very stable but this is the only problem :(

junkyardking
10-05-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by MediaSlayer@29 September 2003 - 12:39
i've been trying all night and after many, many failures i can't get proxyrama to chain any proxies succesfully, when i go to ie it complains even if the proxies are valid. maybe its cuz i run sygate???? this version5.0pro build1150 is very stable but this is the only problem :(
In the proxyrama folder there is a file named readme_proxyrama2 it says you have to confirgure your browser

How to use the proxy server:

1. Check all your proxies to see which ones can be chained. You only have to do this the first time, because previous versions didn't check for that.

2. Add some to the chain list by right clicking them and selecting "add to proxy chain". I'd recommend you use 2-4 proxies there. It MUST be more than one.

3. Click 'switch to proxy mode'.

4. Select a port if you're uncomfortable with the default 3128.

5. Click 'enable proxy'.

6. Configure your browser to use 'localhost:3128' for http (or whatever port you chose).

7. If you want to, you can minimize proxyrama to the systray now.

8. Surf.

nikita69
10-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by junkyardking+5 October 2003 - 09:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 5 October 2003 - 09:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
i&#39;ve been trying all night and after many, many failures i can&#39;t get proxyrama to chain any proxies succesfully, when i go to ie it complains even if the proxies are valid.&nbsp; maybe its cuz i run sygate???? this version5.0pro build1150 is very stable but this is the only problem :(
In the proxyrama folder there is a file named readme_proxyrama2 it says you have to confirgure your browser

1. Check all your proxies to see which ones can be chained. You only have to do this the first time, because previous versions didn&#39;t check for that.

2. Add some to the chain list by right clicking them and selecting "add to proxy chain". I&#39;d recommend you use 2-4 proxies there. It MUST be more than one.

3. Click &#39;switch to proxy mode&#39;.

4. Select a port if you&#39;re uncomfortable with the default 3128.

5. Click &#39;enable proxy&#39;.

6. Configure your browser to use &#39;localhost:3128&#39; for http (or whatever port you chose).

8. Surf.[/b]
from another post <!--QuoteBegin-exeus@18 September 2003 - 20:54
Proxyrama&nbsp; its free it gets the proxys from web pages for you it allows you to chain anon proxys.....[/quote]
ok, download and installed. loaded my list of proxies, changed IE and Opera settings to 127.0.0.1:80 and selected verify. then I get "Invalid IP&#33; Please correct before verifying". I verified a bunch and they were valid. So I deleted all but 5 verified proxies, still Proxyrama displays that message. What am I doing wrong? :(

junkyardking
10-07-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by nikita69+6 October 2003 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nikita69 @ 6 October 2003 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by junkyardking@5 October 2003 - 09:17

i&#39;ve been trying all night and after many, many failures i can&#39;t get proxyrama to chain any proxies succesfully, when i go to ie it complains even if the proxies are valid. maybe its cuz i run sygate???? this version5.0pro build1150 is very stable but this is the only problem :(

1. Check all your proxies to see which ones can be chained. You only have to do this the first time, because previous versions didn&#39;t check for that.

2. Add some to the chain list by right clicking them and selecting "add to proxy chain". I&#39;d recommend you use 2-4 proxies there. It MUST be more than one.

3. Click &#39;switch to proxy mode&#39;.

4. Select a port if you&#39;re uncomfortable with the default 3128.

5. Click &#39;enable proxy&#39;.

6. Configure your browser to use &#39;localhost:3128&#39; for http (or whatever port you chose).

8. Surf.
from another post <!--QuoteBegin-exeus@18 September 2003 - 20:54
Proxyrama&nbsp; its free it gets the proxys from web pages for you it allows you to chain anon proxys.....
ok, download and installed. loaded my list of proxies, changed IE and Opera settings to 127.0.0.1:80 and selected verify. then I get "Invalid IP&#33; Please correct before verifying". I verified a bunch and they were valid. So I deleted all but 5 verified proxies, still Proxyrama displays that message. What am I doing wrong? :( [/b][/quote]
Use the same port that proxyrama is using e.g. if you have it set as port 3128 use 127.0.0.1:3128