PDA

View Full Version : Why Torrent Info. Always Directs To ?

Enlightened
07-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Why do most Tracker use the URL : http://www.imdb.com

as a Source of Info, for the Movie or Video, when usually there is NO

SUCH INFO available, unless one joins IMBD Pro?:frusty::frusty::frusty:

1000possibleclaws
07-06-2009, 07:22 AM
What trackers do this? I notice a link (that works) in scene iNFO's, and the same link is sometimes copied into the torrent description..

I never get broken url's leading to IMDB pro sign up though :huh:

TP635
07-06-2009, 07:30 AM
The movie trackers that I am in have imdb links that works for me.I don't always use such link to get extra info.

Whatever4m
07-06-2009, 08:05 AM
as a matter of fact that never happened 2 me...
I mostly don't need IMDB pro

Enlightened
07-06-2009, 08:34 AM
as a matter of fact that never happened 2 me...
I mostly don't need IMDB pro

They give out very minimal, next to NOTHING in their synopsis, but always try to lure U on , that there are more info, if U join IMBD Pro

Whatever4m
07-06-2009, 08:44 AM
They give out very minimal, next to NOTHING in their synopsis, but always try to lure U on , that there are more info, if U join IMBD Pro

I know...but if I do a little googling I always find what I need...

burundukas
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Always use imdb and such links and don't know what you are talking about, lots of usefull information, user ratings, plot summaries, awards, user comments and much much much more, and you don't have to join imdb pro to see it.

TP635
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't like reading plot summery of movies that I intended to watch; it just kind of spoiled the show. I don't want to know in advance what is going to happen.
All I need to know about the movie is, who the actors/actress are.

Enlightened
07-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Always use imdb and such links and don't know what you are talking about, lots of usefull information, user ratings, plot summaries, awards, user comments and much much much more, and you don't have to join imdb pro to see it.

Really?.?? :frusty::frusty::frusty:

redMonster
07-06-2009, 11:20 AM
For the simple fact that imdb is the biggest library of information about all kinds of movies and TV shows around the globe. You cannot find plot details of so many movies at one place.

And the tracker doesn't direct people to imdb. The scene groups direct us to imdb pages for the movie/TV show in question.

Really?.?? :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Why do most Tracker use the URL : http://www.imdb.com

as a Source of Info, for the Movie or Video, when usually there is NO

SUCH INFO available, unless one joins IMBD Pro?:frusty::frusty::frusty:
I am not sure what you are frustated at. What do you mean by "No info is availalble"? What info are you looking for which is not on imdb? As far as I am concerned, I can see the ratings, plot synopsis and user reviews and also similar movies, so imdb is quite useful for me. Do you even know what imdb pro is meant for?

lots of usefull information, user ratings, plot summaries, awards, user commentsAre you saying that these are not available on imdb?

I would suggest that you contact the scene groups and tell them your grievances and also suggest what site would you want them to link to in all their future releases.

harshytkage
07-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Actually, all you have to do for the synopsis is wiki the movie...simple as that... :frusty:

realityhd
07-06-2009, 08:22 PM
IMDB is useful in my opinion. I use the rating system and the first 3 reviews to decide whether a movie is worthwhile or not (assuming I have not been looking out for it of course).

Night0wl
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I often look at board discussions for the movie if not sure about something.. although it has ruined a movie or two for me. Some people don't know when to use spoiler tags.

Chief_Garbonzo
07-06-2009, 09:46 PM
I too think IMDB is useful, i like the interface too. So I always check the link in the nfo's too. You don't have to have an account there to use it, I think you just need the account if you want to vote or post comments about the movie.

Night0wl
07-06-2009, 09:48 PM
It's very easy to set up a free account. Just fill out some info and get a confirmation code sent to your phone. Can't really remember.. long time since I did it.

Ronnie Coleman
08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
I registered free account on iMDB long time ago. Mainly because I don't want to think when I want to do something is it allowed or not to non-members.

It is useful, for me, only when it comes to information. Charts, ratings and others are just... Votes of masses. Vox populi. Considering that - I never/ever looked at charts and public ratings.

I mean, The Dark Knight, is on the 8th place of TOP 250 movies list of all time... :D

Gimme a break...