PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice, FST!

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey guys,

I got in a bit of trouble, unfortunately. I traded an invite from one site to another site with a member here, on FST.

The member reported me for trading to both sites and I was banned from not only the new site, but my original as well.

I'm really upset/depressed as I always felt that "sharing was caring" but obviously this is not the case.

I was wondering if there is any way at redemption to either site? I went onto the IRC and that's how I got banned from both so I can't exactly do that...

I feel bad for what I did, and I feel even worse because I trusted a member here (he had been here a couple of months and posted a few times) and got let down.

Please advise me, FST, is there anything I can do to make up for this or am I doomed to be banned from both forever? I'd really like to turn a new leaf.

Thanks.

JenSenCO
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
sure, tell us your real nick here and we will be glad to help :lol:

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 10:49 PM
I would but I'm rather ashamed and would rather remain anonymous for now.

I also use a very similar username for other trackers so I don't want to get in any deeper than I am, somehow.

Unfortunately, this is how cautious I've become after getting totally stood up through the trade. :(

tippertime
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
thats weird I could have sworn most trackers encouraged trading?...oh yea that right, you have no one to blame for that but yourself

pffm
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Not wanting to jump into hasty conclusions, i think you had what you deserved...

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Yea I understand that I only have myself to blame.

I don't blame that user. I understand and respect his decision. It has opened my eyes more and made me less naive.

I will keep his name anonymous so he can continue doing his work.

The true fact of the matter is that I had an extra invite and wanted to grant someone an opportunity to experience the unique opportunities from that site. I wanted to check what the other site had to offer as well. This was not intended to be malicious in anyway.

Also, let it be known, that I have always been a good user on all my trackers. I've donated to them all and have kept very good ratio. I've done my best to contribute to the community and help support the sites.

Blaming/flaming me aside, is there anything I can do? I've already gone through the entire day feeling miserable and regretful; I know i've done wrong.

I'm pretty determined and willing to do anything in my power to make things right.

I'd appreciate any advice you could offer me.

Thanks in advance.

IdolEyes787
07-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Just my opinion but there isn't any making things right about it . It's really not like you can recompense the trackers for your actions.
They gave you a penalty for it and if you cannot not "make it right " then you can at least still " do what's right " and not try to get back in .

Cabalo
07-07-2009, 11:24 PM
why not post here his nick ?
You'd be doing something positive out of the mess you got yourself into.

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM

Well, I'm pretty sure that he's a mod in either one of the sites. He never actually used the invite I sent him and I got the axe in under 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure he's around here looking for people trying to trade and put an end to it to preserve the sites.

Idol, thanks for the advice. It's true I can not directly repay for my mistakes, I would certainly not try and cheat and get in again.

I ask though, should I never try and get back in even after a long length of time has passed? I really enjoyed the features and benefits of the site and it's been a great loss. I was hoping that after awhile has passed they would give me another chance.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks for the insight so far.

realityhd
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
There are a number of rats on this site who pretend they will trade with you. I got burned once or twice two. There is nothing you can do about it.

Trading is risky I guess.

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
There are a number of rats on this site who pretend they will trade with you. I got burned once or twice two. There is nothing you can do about it.

Trading is risky I guess.

It is Risky. I'm mostly upset because I wanted to offer something to someone and help them out. The site I traded was my favorite and I just wanted to check out the one I got invited to.

It's quite sad, but ultimately necessary it happened this way.

0wnage
07-07-2009, 11:47 PM
Damn you guys are harsh...I think he feels bad enough without all the flaming.

All I can suggest is just learn from your mistake and move on.

IdolEyes787
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
I ask though, should I never try and get back in even after a long length of time has passed? I really enjoyed the features and benefits of the site and it's been a great loss. I was hoping that after awhile has passed they would give me another chance.

I personally think everyone , well almost everyone. deserves a second chance. I think that the majority of society agrees or else every sentence would be the death penalty.

Course I don't run a tracker and getting tossed isn't the same as being executed.

And what flaming?

Needinghelp
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Damn you guys are harsh...I think he feels bad enough without all the flaming.

All I can suggest is just learn from your mistake and move on.

Thanks for the support, Idol and 0wnage. I appreciate it.

I do hope to get a second chance some day but I'm unsure how to get to that point.

I can't promote or advertise for the site because it IS a secret tracker.

I can't talk it out with a mod because i'm banned from the IRC.

I already tried sending the user a message explaining myself but he refuses to respond as well.

I just don't know what to do!

This is the only time this has ever happened to me, so i'm totally at a loss of how to proceed from here.

0wnage
07-07-2009, 11:55 PM
I would just let it go for now...there's little chance you'll get back on anytime soon anyway.

Needinghelp
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I would just let it go for now...there's little chance you'll get back on anytime soon anyway.

I totally agree. However, I need to know what to do in the mean time.

Unfortunately, I can't be too generous to the community since giveaways are banned as well. I want to set a good example and provide a good reason for me to ask to come back.

I just don't know what to do when the time came for me to try and ask forgiveness and ask for another chance.

IdolEyes787
07-08-2009, 12:04 AM
I agree .
I'm not going to help you try and get back in because that was another site's decision and has nothing to do with me but if you want to PM me from your "real" account and tell me the person that you traded with I will look into that part for you.

tjbzonasul
07-08-2009, 02:09 AM
So I think you got nailed, dude !!!
Well it is difficult to say anything on a situation like that. Most trackers have a policy that is very much against trading.
It is not FSTīs fault and maybe you should concentrate on seeking new trackers where you can sign in, contribute and get your share :)
It is good to begin again, dude.
All the best.

Well, I'm pretty sure that he's a mod in either one of the sites. He never actually used the invite I sent him and I got the axe in under 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure he's around here looking for people trying to trade and put an end to it to preserve the sites.

Idol, thanks for the advice. It's true I can not directly repay for my mistakes, I would certainly not try and cheat and get in again.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks for the insight so far.

sez
07-08-2009, 02:52 AM
Dude,before you go into an orgy about yourself think about all the people you have potentially fucked up,all the money they spent on donations and seedboxes and all the time they put to build their accounts.And the fact that you refuse to give your other nick(and admitting that it marches with what you use on trackers)makes me think you are one of those traders who poses as a non-trader and that to me makes you the worst of the worst and for that you deserve nothing but misery served in a hot dish.And stop being pathetic,you are a trader,your friends usually move on,i honestly don't know what you are trying to achieve with this little skeleton thread of yours,i mean no names,you aren't even threatening suicide?
The way i see it is that you are a trader who never thought this could happen with your precious little jewel tracker and when it did you got confused.Am i the only one who is reading through his bull?The guy already has invite offers from his trading buddies to get back in only that(like the n00b that he is)he is not sure how soon he can get back in.Mercy is the least that you deserve,i'd rather a trader TRADER!

TP635
07-08-2009, 03:00 AM
Dude,before you go into an orgy about yourself think about all the people you have potentially fucked up,all the money they spent on donations and seedboxes and all the time they put to build their accounts.And the fact that you refuse to give your other nick(and admitting that it marches with what you use on trackers)makes me think you are one of those traders who poses as a non-trader and that to me makes you the worst of the worst and for that you deserve nothing but misery served in a hot dish.And stop being pathetic,you are a trader,your friends usually move on,i honestly don't know what you are trying to achieve with this little skeleton thread of yours,i mean no names,you aren't even threatening suicide?
The way i see it is that you are a trader who never thought this could happen with your precious little jewel tracker and when it did you got confused.Am i the only one who is reading through his bull?The guy already has invite offers from his trading buddies to get back in only that(like the n00b that he is)he is not sure how soon he can get back in.Mercy is the least that you deserve,i'd rather a trader TRADER!

That is just what I think and in fact wanted to post. A person with an account in a 'secret' tacker is there either because he is an establish BT user or a trader; and in this case he is the TRADER.

Stellar
07-08-2009, 03:06 AM
If you're talking about the site I think you're talking about, there's zero chance you'll get your account back. Even if it's a different site, you're still not going to have your account reenabled. You had to know trading was against the rules and is a bannable offense on nearly all trackers.

What you should realize is that no trackers will give you a second chance. It seems harsh, but the staff doesn't exactly have the time to monitor "second chance" users' activity. I'm sure you're unhappy about it, but I have no sympathy for you.

This situation should serve as a valuable lesson for you and others in the future.

Funkin'
07-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Guys. He traded and got caught, and now he wants some sympathy for it. Don't fall for it. He had to have known this tracker had a rule against trading, but decided to break this rule anyways. And then then tries to trade this invite at FST...of all sites.

Anyways, It's a freakin' website. There has got to be a dozen or so more just like it out there. Sign up to one of those and move on... This site is more than likely never going to want you back.

respawn40
07-08-2009, 06:23 AM
The site I traded was my favorite

How can that be?

The_Martinator
07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
The site I traded was my favorite

How can that be?

Lol, you got hime there.

My advice would be to let it go. Some people think that once a trader, always a trader. Other people may ''forgive'' you in time. That's your best option imo.

mickstavros
07-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Anyways, It's a freakin' website. There has got to be a dozen or so more just like it out there. Sign up to one of those and move on... This site is more than likely never going to want you back.

There is not a dozen or so more like it, and that is why he is so upset at being banned.

And if I am correct in where I think he was banned from, then I am happy he got caught, because he risks everyone on that site by trading with people he does not know. The rules are dont advertise invites on forums and only invite people you trust. Guess he trusted the wrong person.

phrenzy
07-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Who burned you, thats what i want to know....

Needinghelp
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Okay guys, some of you are misunderstanding my intent:

I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm not looking for attention. I also don't feel I should be in the same category as other traders.

This is the first trade I ever performed, seriously. To be honest, it was the last trade I was going to perform as well. That's the worst part. The tracker I wanted to get into was of a lower tier than the one I offered. I just wanted to check out what they had compared to what I had.

What I was looking for in this thread is advice of what to do in the meantime to help put me on solid ground so when the time comes (in the future) that I can go back to both sites and ask to rejoin, even if under a different name.

I don't want to be sneaky and underhanded. I want to do what's right and fix what was wrong.

For a couple of you that didn't understand what I meant by the tracker being "my favorite" I meant it. I loved the tracker and it was probably my favorite to date. The reason I traded was to see how the other could compare to my favorite. I take accounts and invites seriously. I'm not a collector. I enjoy each site I use in their own way and cherish each one individually.

For those that think i'm low for not releasing my true nickname, look at some of the previous posts. People mentioned "once a trader, always a trader." I don't want to be pinned with that tag. It was my first trade and I made a mistake. I do not feel I fit in the same class as a true "trader" because my intentions were very different then theirs. Also, as I mentioned, my nickname is similar on other trackers so I don't want to somehow get sucked in deeper than I already am. For those of you that are serious about offering some advice, I wouldn't mind sharing my nickname personally with (There's already someone that knows.) I'm not trying to deceive anyone, I'm just trying to protect myself for any future occurrences.

To all of you guys that are blaming me, I understand your concern and hostility. But what I did was not intended to be malicious. I'm a good user and wanted to share an invite to a site with unique privileges with another member as well as check out their tracker.

To all of you guys that are offering advice, thank you. I do plan to move on. Some of you mentioned there are a thousand other sites just like it, but that's a bit incorrect. The two that I was part of were one of a kind and there really isn't any competition amongst them except maybe a public tracker *gross*.

Ultimately, i've decided to close this topic. I don't want people to take this the wrong way any longer. I also didn't plan to cause this much of an uproar - I don't want anything to get out of hand more than it is.

Thank you to those that offered solid, valuable advice - I appreciate it.

For anyone that has any additional advice, PM me.

Regards,

*EDIT* - Dang. I can't close the thread. Guess I need to have an account for a certain time. =/

If anyone has the power to close this thread I'd greatly appreciate it.