PDA

View Full Version : This Would Protect Us From Copyright Holders

cappella(m)
09-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone..may be I'm not the first posting this.. But what do you think ? Would it be a great function of Kazaa Lite if there would exist something like "don't show my username to anyone"... and it would show the same names from everyone..like unknown@kazaa. Then copyright holders like riaa would become it much more difficult to sue someone.. They would not be able to ask Sharman for the ip (if they do it at all) of any user because all user names would be the same..of course if everyone would select this option.... The the riaa hit list will no longer exist..! I think it would be a great thing if this function could be added to the next update of kazaa lite.
Sorry for my bad english..

Guillaume
09-29-2003, 04:43 PM
Not modifying the default username would do the same thing, right? :unsure:

cappella(m)
09-29-2003, 04:59 PM
But what is the default username ? :unsure: ??
defaultuser@kazaa or what ? Many people use another names.. It would be better if everyone would use the same name.. Or may be the next updated kazaa version should select the username by itself after it's installed or something like this... What do you think? would it help ?

wormless
09-29-2003, 05:04 PM
it does give u a username wen its been installed

cappella(m)
09-29-2003, 05:08 PM
ph ..shit this is what i forgot..

YEAH THEN IT WOULD BE THE BEST THING IF EVEYONE WOULD LEAVE THE DEFAULT USER NAME !

Broken
09-29-2003, 05:09 PM
lol, it wouldn't make a differnce. Most just use the default name the program starts with anyways.....

RIAA "I really think we should go after this [email protected]. He's sharing a WHOLE LOT of stuff."

it's all about the ip address

Sparkle1984
09-29-2003, 08:19 PM
I don't think it would make any difference at all. They would still be able to find out people's IP addresses, regardless of whether the usernames were the same or not.

$nax
09-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Sparkle1984@29 September 2003 - 20:19
I don't think it would make any difference at all. They would still be able to find out people's IP addresses, regardless of whether the usernames were the same or not.
Indeed he is right, usernames make no difference wot so ever, if they get ur IP add then then they get ur details.
If i was in America an using Kazaa, i wud be lookin for a proxy, to hide my IP adress

junkyardking
09-30-2003, 03:11 AM
They dont get your ip address from sharman, when they download from you, you give that client your Ip address as this is how computers communicate, they also record the time and date which they report to the Isp which crossrefrences that with there logs as Isp's record who has what IP and at what time.

The only way for them not record your ip would be to use a proxy preferably in an other country besides western countrys but because proxy support in kazaa is poor and because free proxys tend to be slow it not that great an option.