PDA

View Full Version : 4hr Movie?

browser
09-29-2003, 05:37 PM
I converted an avi to dvd using tmpgenc. The avi is 700MB but after i converted it was 4.2GB. I loaded it into Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2 and it says the movie is 4 hrs long. I prviewed it in DVD Moviefactory 2 and it has about 2 and a half hours of just a blank screen. Should i just burn it or cut it with TMPGEnc or what?

ck-uk
09-29-2003, 05:51 PM
Mate,u could use the burn to image file in ulead,then mount the image with deamon tools to test it as if it was on a dvdr.But going from your post you;ve gone wrong somewhere encoding it.You shouldnt have any blank screen,u can fit quite a few hrs on a dvd..or have say a 1-30 min movie fill the whole disk with a high bitrate.

toddiscool
09-29-2003, 05:52 PM
as long the audio stays in sync, and you are not gonna burn anything else on the dvd anyway just burn it. If you do not want waste a whole dvd for it, the you can cut it, it really does not matter as long as the audio is in sync.

browser
09-29-2003, 05:57 PM
thanks, i think i'll cut it, then burn it.

ck-uk
09-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by browser@29 September 2003 - 17:57
thanks, i think i'll cut it, then burn it.
Mate besides the high video quality another advantage of dvd is its high capaity.If your cutting etc..u may as well swap your dvd writer for a cdr one.and start making multiple cd (s)vcds. :D