PDA

View Full Version : Sony Boss Not Terribly Impressed By Activision PS3 Threats

Darth Sushi
07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
http://old-wizard.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/playstation3-255x300.jpgSony Boss Not Terribly Impressed By Activision PS3 Threats
By John Herrman, 4:42 AM on Wed Jul 8 2009

" When the largest game publisher in the world threatens to stop making games for your console, what do you do? Do you negotiate, as was their obvious goal? Or do you sarcastically poke fun at their CEO? Ah, right.

Asked about Activision President and CEO Bobby Kotick's threat to stop supporting the PS3 on account of prohibitively expensive licensing and development fees, Howard Stringer was a little bit indignant, frankly describing Kotick's move for what it was:

He likes to make a lot of noise. He's putting pressure on me and I'm putting pressure on him. That's the nature of business.

So instead of engaging with Kotick—who to be fair, threatened Sony—Sir Howard just decided to let us all know that he's kinda annoyed, OK?

When pushed about the "logic" of cutting the various costs of owning and developing for the PS3, Stringer wasn't much more patient:

I (would) lose money on every PlayStation I make - how's that for logic.

I mean, he's right, but he also sounds stumped. Could this little tussle blossom into a beautiful corporate executive mudwrestling match? Only time will tell. "

:source: Source: http://gizmodo.com/5309833/sony-boss-not-terribly-impressed-by-activision-ps3-threats

iLOVENZB
07-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Isn't this old news?

SonsOfLiberty
07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
And so ends the PS3 we hardly knew ya, but you over cramped DRM system was hopeless from the beginning, oh wait you got Bluray? Yeah I want to spend $500 on bluray only and crap games. If anybody see the PS3 surviving, their crazy as a lune.

vegasx
07-10-2009, 11:02 PM
If anybody see the PS3 surviving, their crazy as a lune.

I see the PS3 surviving :yup::happy:

Have one and I completely love it. I love the established franchises and new IP's that Sony pumps out. Anybody who is a gamer will not feel disapointed with the PS3 has to offer.