PDA

View Full Version : Riaa Related Scam

Yata
09-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Someone msged me over K-Lite K++ and basically said they were an RIAA employee and they happened to notice my username on the RIAA's "to sue" list, I told him I was British and he said "its no longer an american game, we are sueing outside america now, and we've done 100,000 outside america (sued)"

I KNEW this was bullshit, straight away, but i played along anyway, and in the end, he asked me for $50 (thats DOLLARS, even though I clearly stated im BRITISH, meaning I would work in pound sterling) and if i paid him, he would delete my name from the list, he stressed the fact that he was "going out on a limb for me" and he could get fired

anyway as soon as money was mentioned i got bored and told him to go fuck himself, he then suddenly disapeared

if you are EVER contacted in a simalar way, i suggest you tell them where to shove it

Illuminati
09-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Good for you - The main hole in their bullshit was the part where they "sued 100,000 outside America".

That is complete BS - They haven't even sued that many inside America :lol:

supersonic
09-30-2003, 01:40 AM
so what is the question?what do u want us to do? :huh:

noname12
09-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Yata@29 September 2003 - 18:18
if you are EVER contacted in a simalar way, i suggest you tell them where to shove it
i think its obvious he was just warning every one its a fake, not actually asking anything..

Yata
09-30-2003, 07:47 AM
yeah, although im sure some stupid ass pigeon fell for it hook line and sinker (theres one born every minute)