PDA

View Full Version : Why Newzbin?

cyberrico
07-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I have very recently converted to downloading almost exclusively on the newgroups and only going to torrents or RS when it's my only other option.

I have subscribed to Astraweb (amazing BTW) and I am a VIP with NZBMatrix (also amazing) and I see that a lot of you are requesting invites to Newzbin.

This is not a plea for an invite. I'm sure I can find an avenue to get in sooner or later. The real question is why do I want to? NZBMatrix is very impressive compared to most torrent sites and certainly than any nzb site I (in my limited nzb experience) have seen.

Would I have access to more nzb's? I imagine there are more ways to filer searches. I guess I just can't really wrap my head around what more I'd need.

Don't misread my post. I'm not knocking Newzbin. I'm just trying to understand it.

Skiz
07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
You don't need Newzbin. You won't find any advantages in paying for it. I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

With NZB files and sites being commonplace now, paying for Newzbin can hardly be justified.

Give this thread a read - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-why-do-people-like-newzbin-so-much-307850/

cyberrico
07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
You don't need Newzbin. You won't find any advantages in paying for it. I wouldn't use it even if it were free.

With NZB files and sites being commonplace now, paying for Newzbin can hardly be justified.

Give this thread a read - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-newsgroups-79/t-why-do-people-like-newzbin-so-much-307850/

Thanks for the reply. I have to hand it for them, they are good at marketing themselves. People are replying in droves over something they want to pay for and don't even know anything about. Then again, the money is nominal. To each his own I suppose.

Thanks.

thadiyan
07-09-2009, 07:58 PM
The newzbin community of editors are pretty good. The ability to search through raw messages and other mechanism & further roll your own nzbs is quite useful at times. This is especially the case if you do know the file has been uploaded, but there are no reports for it in nzbmatrix or the other nzb sites.

This has happened a couple of times(very rare indeed) but it has happened to me personally.