PDA

View Full Version : Auto login script to prevent pruning?

Rilly
07-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Is there some app or script avail that you can add multiple torrent webistes to it, and it will periodically login to the sites within the specified time behind the scenes so that you won't get pruned? Its hard to remember all the sites to check every 30 days.. especially when you go away on trips.

Anyone have something similar?

Stellar
07-12-2009, 02:09 AM
If you're going on a trip, park your accounts.

Gish
07-12-2009, 02:35 AM
If you are forgetting to login to your accounts you probably have to many. so just cut down to the ones you use? its not that hard to login once a month.

lysine
07-12-2009, 03:45 AM
^ what he said. but if you must, folder of torrent sites in firefox, right click, Open All In Tabs.

Funkin'
07-12-2009, 03:50 AM
Its hard to remember all the sites to check every 30 days..

Then I think it's time to stop collecting... You only need to belong to a handful of trackers to get all the content that you need.

Rilly
07-12-2009, 04:07 AM
its easy to say that when you want mainstream things that you get on every 0day tracker... when you are a cartoon collector and kids show collector its more difficult and takes many more sites to get the rare shows.

edit: And many of these small trackers that carry unique kids shows do not have parking account functions..

Funkin'
07-12-2009, 04:24 AM
its easy to say that when you want mainstream things that you get on every 0day tracker... when you are a cartoon collector and kids show collector its more difficult and takes many more sites to get the rare shows.

That actually pretty true. I've found warez forums to be better than any tracker for cartoons.

Rilly
07-12-2009, 04:37 AM
yeah - they are pretty good too.. the sifting through sucks though... unless they have a cartoon specific category

Stellar
07-12-2009, 05:38 AM
Ok then, make a macro for it and have a scheduler run the macro at set intervals. At least I think that would work. You obviously need some sort of macro recording program.

tippertime
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
you could use this maybe
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

Dithersky
07-12-2009, 03:07 PM
or you can give me passwords to your most valuable torrent sites and I will login for you :lol:

1000possibleclaws
07-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Bookmark them all in a folder and click it with the mouse wheel to open them all, thus signing into all your trackers at once. You don't need a fancy program to do something so simple :/

Stellar
07-12-2009, 03:31 PM
That works, but what if his session expires on a tracker? :P He seems to be on a lot of them and it's all too possible he wouldn't notice being logged out.
I know a macro could log one into sites... not sure if there's a recorder that will check if someone is already logged in.