PDA

View Full Version : Looking for uTorrent $20/month

sync
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
tvtorrents.com has banned tornado so it looks like I need to find a new seedbox provider.

Looking for suggestions on a reliable provider that has uTorrent and charges in US$.

FransTormer
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Seen some of the advertisements and/or other topics here? More than enough to go around in choice for $20

sync
07-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Seen some of the advertisements and/or other topics here? More than enough to go around in choice for $20
I only saw one ad with pricing in US$ and they don't have uTorrent.

I'm hoping I don't have to read 100s of topics to find out which providers offer uTorrent and US$ pricing.

hyper_piper45
07-16-2009, 01:56 AM
you could try fastsh.it. they are in your price range and you could install utorrent through wine, although they already have deluge which i expect would be allowed.

iansltx
07-18-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm a relatively active member on TVTorrents (1.70 TB buffered, and that's after letting a friend DL a season or two of Star Trek on my account, then sending him an invite so he could do stuff on his own).

I use Fastsh.it on the VPS side of things and run µTorrent under WINE. I actually uninstalled GNOME and am now running the torrent client on Xubuntu (Xfce desktop) to improve performance a little, but GNOME + WINE + µTorrent should work just fine.

I've seen speeds in excess of 5 MB/s on uploads from my VPS, and the amount of control I get for $22.50 per month combined with the speeds is worth it to me.

Sanka113
07-18-2009, 06:31 AM
I say go with fastsh.it. Best bang for your buck out there.

sync
07-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I use Fastsh.it on the VPS side of things and run µTorrent under WINE. I actually uninstalled GNOME and am now running the torrent client on Xubuntu (Xfce desktop) to improve performance a little, but GNOME + WINE + µTorrent should work just fine.

I've seen speeds in excess of 5 MB/s on uploads from my VPS, and the amount of control I get for $22.50 per month combined with the speeds is worth it to me.
Normally I like solutions that give me flexibility and control. But in this case, I don't want to spend the time to learn Linux and how to set up a VPS. I just want a simple solution.

I tried fastsh.it for a month with a non-VPS slice. Because he is on the other side of the world from me it took a long time getting tech support issues worked out.

lishpin
07-21-2009, 12:26 AM
Fastsh.it has worked flawlessly for me, a non-VPS slice for the past 3 months. I haven't had any issues and recently I've switched to running uTorrent now instead of deluge/wtorrent. Works great couldn't recommend any others.

MBS
07-21-2009, 12:32 AM
try these http://ultraseeds.org
I am personally using this and i get no problems reaching 11mB/s download and 7-8 mB/s upload

FransTormer
07-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I am personally using this and i get no problems reaching 11mB/s download and 7-8 mB/s upload
Wonder why it said "OVH Reseller" just now on your profile-page; no doubt you don't need no server from ultraseeds in that case...:whistling

Besides, even if one was to purchase at them, I personally think the lower plans could be called "overselling the server", both on CPU and connection-speed. Don't wanna think about what happens if 8 peeps all wanna leech/seed at the same time on a 100Mbps shared...:shutup:

MBS
07-21-2009, 09:09 AM
^^ the CPU RAM everything is in accordance with the 8 users.

iceman3807
07-22-2009, 05:47 PM
i back on for ultraseeds.org

hannerbananers
07-22-2009, 05:56 PM
i back on for ultraseeds.org

which plan did you get? what aer your speeds like?

elvis1
07-24-2009, 04:41 AM
do any of the before mentioned have remote access??

TIA

snoopinc
07-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I've been happily hosting with seedboxup.com. I get FTP access and uTorrent web gui with unmetered bandwidth :)

I'm paying $15/mo for their SB-20 plan.

ph3nom
07-31-2009, 08:59 AM
I've been happily hosting with seedboxup.com. I get FTP access and uTorrent web gui with unmetered bandwidth :)

I'm paying $15/mo for their SB-20 plan.

how is the speed on seedboxup.com??

just got box from them, I ordered plan economy 3

My disk full after dl about 10gb when the plan says disk space 55GB

The speed is slow.. Max dl 3 mb/sec and upload up to 700 kb/sec but most of the time its really low for ups 5 kbs/sec to 200 kb/sec

I'm asking for refund rite now from them but they want me to wait till speed problems is reviewed..

MBS
08-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I am on plan economy 4 and never got any problems with speeds. 12 mB/s download and 6.7 mB/s upload.

sync
08-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I am on plan economy 4 and never got any problems with speeds. 12 mB/s download and 6.7 mB/s upload.
Wouldn't you have to be the only person on the box to get speeds like that?

FransTormer
08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Why would you? If others are not using their share heavily, you can basically max out the remainder of the server yourself...

Vraj_Rulez
08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I Also Bought Economy 3 Plan from Ultraseeds.org but I must say Speed SUX. Never get reply from Support email from 6 emails only 3-4 replys came back. Look like Overselling to me.

redguard
08-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Economy 1 - 3 are on Kimsufi's Intel Celeron 1.20+ GHz. That barely can handle 1 person, so it's so obvious. But an Intel Xeon Quad 4x 2.83+ GHz can easily handle 4 people if not more.

sync
08-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Economy 1 - 3 are on Kimsufi's Intel Celeron 1.20+ GHz. That barely can handle 1 person, so it's so obvious. But an Intel Xeon Quad 4x 2.83+ GHz can easily handle 4 people if not more.
Economy 4 has 8 users not 4.

redguard
08-04-2009, 02:12 PM
"If not more". 1 core from a quad-core behaves differently than the only core in a single-core machine. Besides, there's a difference in frequency. Why do I explain this?

FransTormer
08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
"If not more". 1 core from a quad-core behaves differently than the only core in a single-core machine. Besides, there's a difference in frequency. Why do I explain this?
Yeah, I wonder why you tried explaining anything coz you're just plain wrong.

If you're comparing 1 core from a multi-core CPU to the only core from a single-core CPU, there is no difference as long as the process & threads stay within that core-affinity. And yes, multi-core CPU's generally clock at lower GHz than single-cores but in the event both frequencies are the same, the benchmark is 99% the same where only 1% varies due to L1, L2 and possibly L3.

Without this, not a single company on this planet would be able to provide linear-scaling for their applications and would need to rewrite some software and make custom test-beds for every single customer. Hell, even buying a copy of OSX or Windows would take weeks to complete since you had to submit all of your machine-specs.

ph3nom
08-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Why would you? If others are not using their share heavily, you can basically max out the remainder of the server yourself...

Apparently ultraseed limit the speed for each person as my plan economy 3 was shared among 4 users on 100 mbps line, they said i should expect speed around 2.5mb/sec not above... This mean they limit the speed for each user. so it doesn't matter if the other users on the server not using it.
My speed was only able to go up to 3 mb/sec for a few sec.. never past that. upload the highest i can get is like 700 kb/sec

BTW it is economy plan 3

kell0w
08-10-2009, 03:00 AM
http://www.superseedbox.com/seedbox.html

i got the bronze plan. i have to say its super fast. EXCELLENT customer service and super user friendly

Rart
08-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Yay for becoming a haven for seedbox advertisers. As to OP, why would you need to be restricted to USD? There are plenty of good sites that charge in other currencies, paypal can convert it very easily.

blam
08-11-2009, 08:46 AM
http://seedhost.eu/seedbox
I buy there

Rart
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Couldn't you guys be even a *little* bit discreet?