PDA

View Full Version : Interrupted D/s

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 09:24 AM
If my Isp disconnects and say for example it takes twenty second or so to redial etc. If there is a d/l in progress and it is a zip or an .exe... is it likely to become corrupted or end up a bolloxed d/l.. also if the answer is yes would an ISO behave the same ?
Kinda handy to know
Thanks
Trug

fkdup74
09-30-2003, 12:54 PM
shouldnt be any corruption trug, it should be just like pausing and resuming a d/l

Livy
09-30-2003, 12:56 PM
get a download manager, http://www.flashget.com

or from recomendation from lamsey(freeware god) http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Detail.asp?id=18

asmithz
09-30-2003, 12:59 PM
Dosent ushally become corrupt.

Livy
09-30-2003, 01:01 PM
but if ur downloading it with ie, then it will probably fail, since its lost its connection to the download server.

though sometime ur lucky and if u download it again it resumes from where it got to. with dialup and largeish files, iw ould stick with a download manager

asmithz
09-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Yep i like flashget the best. No spyware/adware.

Livy
09-30-2003, 02:14 PM
flashget does have a banner across the top, but the supertrick blocks it

MediaSlayer
09-30-2003, 03:09 PM
i read somewhere that before the riaa tricks the corrupted downloads floating around on kazaa were caused in part by resuming downloads. I doubt it happens often but couldn't you just cut a bit of the end of the .dat file? Wait that wouldn't work because that position(how much has already been downloaded) is prob stored somewhere. Oh well. :blink:

trugmolly
09-30-2003, 08:45 PM
Well like everyone else I have had maybe getting on for a hundred virus files lol.. but sometimes the odd .zip file has corrupted data... could be from the source.. Only wondered if a break in the d/l could cause this.... Slow connection and large file... But getting the file from kazaa E mule or wherever into my d/l manager I always get error messages and the d/l stops.. would be cool just to use Net ants.. and drag stuff in there cuz it redials automaticaly when you are not at home .... " See my other post on staying online" Adware there but spybot removes it and it stilll works....
Trug

Wolfmight
10-01-2003, 02:01 AM
flashget had a problem for me.. Wouldnt download anything.. weird.