PDA

View Full Version : Copyright Infringement Message

daddyderr
09-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Has anone else gotten this pop-up message? Should I be concerned? If so, how can I protect myself?

james_bond_rulez
09-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 19:29
Has anone else gotten this pop-up message? Should I be concerned? If so, how can I protect myself?
dont worries

these msgs are just there to scare you

just ignore them you'll be fine

Johnny_B
09-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Turn off all incoming messages and don't be bothered anymore. ;)

Options > Kazaa Lite K++ Options > Messages > Ignore all incoming messages

Switeck
09-30-2003, 10:55 PM
The RIAA has massive server farms dedicated to finding and corrupting MP3 downloads on Kazaa.

This is ALL the more reason to BLOCK RIAA hostile ips in KL++ AND keep that blocklist up-to-date! By doing so, you may avoid many/most/all of these Copyright Infringement Messages.

Also, IF you're sharing music, disable browse host which lets others list all your shared files.

ALSO, you can avoid many Kazaa scanners just by blocking KL++ access on port 1214 and running on an alternate port.

daddyderr
10-01-2003, 01:18 AM
I am a NOOB. That means I need someone to hold my hand. Where the heck is the link for options? Also, when Switeck says to keep the block list upt o date, is he talking about in the hosts file in supertrick? When I DL a file and the IP needs blocked, how do I find the address, and how do I know what code do I enter with it? Please don't shoot me. I'm a programmer(mainframe) and I still can't do this. I am an official dumb fuck.

daddyderr
10-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Nevermind, all I needed to do was look a little for the options tab...(hey buddy, go to your search screen, idiot)

daddyderr
10-01-2003, 01:36 AM
OK Switeck, all those options were already checked. So how do you keep the blocklist up to date?

Switeck
10-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 20:36
OK Switeck, all those options were already checked. So how do you keep the blocklist up to date?
I think there's a blocklist updater program included as part of KL++ v2.4.3.

Just use that... if it works. :P

daddyderr
10-01-2003, 02:50 AM
Yeah it worked. Now if I can figure out how to use proxies....

Switeck
10-02-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by daddyderr@30 September 2003 - 21:50
Yeah it worked. Now if I can figure out how to use proxies....
Proxies will (probably) force Kazaa to run in firewalled mode, which severely reduces the number of people you can download/upload to.

The other stuff shouldn't... well, except for RIAA/MPAA/BSA. B)