PDA

View Full Version : safe to share seedboxes?!?!?

teamlam
07-22-2009, 04:59 AM
hi

im trying to decide which seedbox company to go with and one company offered me a free trial to share with his seedbox.

im just wondering if that is safe in terms of can he doing anything bad toward the trackers im on since we're both sharing the same seedbox?

please let me know!

thanks

Cabalo
07-22-2009, 05:14 AM
if you warn the staff in advance, you minimize the probability of something bad happening to you.
at least that's what i did.

teamlam
07-22-2009, 05:22 AM
What are the bad things that can happen? And yea I will notify staff

Zip
07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
The person you share the box with can steal your passkey(s).
And if he's creative he can do loads of bad things. :unsure:

teamlam
07-22-2009, 01:15 PM
but with passkeys..what can he do? can he get access to my sites? btw he has root access

ca_aok
07-22-2009, 01:20 PM
If he steals your passkey he can download torrents from the sites and count the download stats against your account. If he gets banned for cheating or anything else on a site you'll be disabled as well.

The_Martinator
07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Safe if you know the person you're sharing it with.

realityhd
07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I shared a box with two people, both of whom abused my generosity by downloading tons of torrents even after I asked nicely. So I changed the password and told them the subscription ended.

teamlam
07-22-2009, 03:36 PM
im just scared he could somehow get access to my trackers (log in info and pw) is that possible?

also, is there anyway to make sure i'll be safe? ie. by deleting the torrents so my passkey doesn't show?

ca_aok
07-22-2009, 03:39 PM
If you don't log into your trackers through the box he can't get that stuff. You can't delete the .torrents and seed as well, so that'd be pretty pointless.

realityhd
07-22-2009, 03:47 PM
If anything gets funny with him using your passkey, just reset it through the site.

teamlam
07-22-2009, 04:27 PM
If you don't log into your trackers through the box he can't get that stuff. You can't delete the .torrents and seed as well, so that'd be pretty pointless.

well no..id be loggign into trackers on my own computer..dling them through our shared seedbox...use vnc to create new torrent, transfer back to my comp via ftp then upload it.

what i meant by deleting was after im done seeding. if i delete it, will he sitll have a history of my passkey?

pone44
07-22-2009, 08:53 PM
That is possible. Not sure. If you have doubts and do not know the person then it is probably best not to do it.

well no..id be loggign into trackers on my own computer..dling them through our shared seedbox...use vnc to create new torrent, transfer back to my comp via ftp then upload it.

what i meant by deleting was after im done seeding. if i delete it, will he sitll have a history of my passkey?