PDA

View Full Version : Some question regarding uk ovh

studwo
07-22-2009, 02:17 PM
I am planning to get an ovh uk .
I would like to ask do they have any problem .. If i make a seedbox on their dedicated .. i would like to ask :~

1) Is ovh uk is happy with seedboxes in their servers ?

2) Can I seed "safely and peacefully" for both private and public trackers in their server ?

3) Besides sms validation what do i still need to do .. to create an account aka lease a server in there .. ?

Thanks in advance
Your constructive reply really helps me ..

djerholler69
07-22-2009, 05:49 PM
1) technically OVH has posted on their forums that they prohibit seedbox/torrenting on their servers and would enforce a 3 warning rule, though I'm not so sure if it is fully enforced

2) I'd recommend to stay away from public trackers and use private trackers :)

3) not so sure with this one, because I usually get a mate to help me out, so I'd better not put any wrong comments!

Nemrod
07-22-2009, 06:19 PM
1) Is ovh uk is happy with seedboxes in their servers ?

2) Can I seed "safely and peacefully" for both private and public trackers in their server ?

3) Besides sms validation what do i still need to do .. to create an account aka lease a server in there .. ?

1) One thing is what they say -because they have to say it- and other very different itīs what they really feel, and I believe they are very happy with seedboxers.

2) You canīt seed "safely and peacefully" using public servers, not from a seedbox, not from your house. In this case OVH wouldnīt be very happy, in my opinion.

3) I think thatīs all.

hannerbananers
07-22-2009, 07:39 PM
can you use ovh seedboxes in north america?

djerholler69
07-23-2009, 04:51 AM
you can, but i think you need someone in the OVH supported countries to rent it for you