PDA

View Full Version : Giveaways

Jezebel
07-25-2009, 11:10 AM
In the old days groups such as isc esc bcc and other groups made huge giveaways...

Why dont they do it anymore?

The_Martinator
07-25-2009, 03:51 PM
In the old days groups such as isc esc bcc and other groups made huge giveaways...

Why dont they do it anymore?

What old days?! You joined amonth ago. :P

Maybe because this forum is losing rep fast and they have migrated to another forum. Or maybe they're tired of kiddies that ruin everything (haha, lol), since they're old.

Jezebel
07-25-2009, 03:57 PM
I joined 2006 but abandoned the account since I dont trade anymore.

sake
07-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Why is losing rep. fast? What is happening with this forum?

The_Martinator
07-25-2009, 04:04 PM
I joined 2006 but abandoned the account since I dont trade anymore.

:blink: Then you're kind stupid to admit that, lol. I guess you'll be creating a new account now, huh?

FST allows trading. FST allows account GAs. Trackers despise people who trade and GA or receive accounts. You figure the rest. :cool:

sake
07-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Very very bad for the forum ... i can`t say how it was earlier when i joined because i am kinda new in torrenting but later the forum was much much bigger and the people were much more active. I hope the administration will do something.

Jezebel
07-25-2009, 04:15 PM
:blink: Then you're kind stupid to admit that, lol. I guess you'll be creating a new account now, huh?

FST allows trading. FST allows account GAs. Trackers despise people who trade and GA or receive accounts. You figure the rest. :cool:
The situation was exactly the same years ago and back then the rep wasn`t bad. :dry: Also there was more activity...

The_Martinator
07-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Very very bad for the forum ... i can`t say how it was earlier when i joined because i am kinda new in torrenting but later the forum was much much bigger and the people were much more active. I hope the administration will do something.

That made me lol. Sorry, mate, but you sure are naive.

Anyway, this might prove to be an interesting read: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-do-you-think-fst-should-get-rid-trading-section-338674

sake
07-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks.

And why my post made you "lol"? And why i am naive? :)

The_Martinator
07-25-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks.

And why my post made you "lol"? And why i am naive? :)

Because you think that such changes can be made here. Why can't they be? Read that thread, you'll find all the answers there. It was an attempt by a now ex staffer here to get rid of the trade section here.

sake
07-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok. Thanks. I`ll read it.

IdolEyes787
07-25-2009, 05:03 PM

Oh please spare me any moral superiority ( and read my words carefully, I am not defending anything here). All invite forums are by consequence essentially bad.
It's all in a matter of degrees .

FST has been reserved a special place in Hell mostly because of old grudges ,it being outside the orbit of influence for a few unreasonable people and not least, by denouncing it ,as a useful tool to the suckups trying to get on the good side of the above.

Oh and the fact certain individuals find it more convenient to lay the blame on others than own up to their own failings.

Also if I considered FST simply an invite forum ( although I am not so naive to believe others don't view it as such) or for that matter if I were the type run to screaming from bullies , I would have deserted this place long ago as well.
I would have added along with the rest of the sheep but that would be unfair to anyone who didn't fall into that category.

Speaking on unfairness ( which again I am not naive enough to be blind to the fact that life is rife with ) FST is constantly being judged by the worst of it's members and not it's best.
Which in my opinion would stack up pretty well against the best any place.

Btw I don't totally believe anything I just wrote but every argument deserves a counterpoint. :whistling

The_Martinator
07-25-2009, 05:15 PM

Oh please spare me any moral superiority ( and read my words carefully, I am not defending anything here). All invite forums are by consequence essentially bad.
It's all in a matter of degrees .

FST has been reserved a special place in Hell mostly because of old grudges ,it being outside the orbit of influence for a few unreasonable people and not least, by denouncing it ,as a useful tool to the suckups trying to get on the good side of the above.

Oh and the fact certain individuals find it more convenient to lay the blame on others than own up to their own failings.

Also if I considered FST simply an invite forum ( although I am not so naive to believe others don't view it as such) or for that matter if I were the type run to screaming from bullies , I would have deserted this place long ago as well.
I would have added along with the rest of the sheep but that would be unfair to anyone who didn't fall into that category.

Speaking on unfairness ( which again I am not naive enough to be blind to the fact that life is rife with ) FST is constantly being judged by the worst of it's members and not it's best.
Which in my opinion would stack up pretty well against the best any place.

Btw I don't totally believe anything I just wrote but every argument deserves a counterpoint. :whistling

All of that is true. But even if it wasn't the simple fact that trading is allowed here (allthough not encouraged by staff, I give you that) would have had the same effect, just over a longer period of time.

There used to be more activity here in the past and that's because invite forums looked a lot more like FST in the past. That's changing now (though some people don't like how your average new invite forum looks like) and it's leaving FST behind.

That's as far as FST as an invite forum goes, but it's more than that. It's a filesharing forum, meaning that it's not here to stay just as long as BT is popular. That's when people that have made new accs will be benging their heads against the wall, lol (if they don't remember their old acc's details).

PS: There are other, ''community sections'', here also, ofc.

maddoxro
07-25-2009, 07:46 PM

So what about the rest of the l33t forums arround, who 'allows' only giveaways, smartass ?

No matter how many secret, l33t, hidden, whatever, p2p forums will appear, FST will be the biggest, most popular, and used one for trackers.

Pay attention to members / staffz0rs from trackers, and you will notice that they had / have a FST account, or was once active here, especialy those from high level trackers.

These new l33t forums that are popping out everyday and promise you only l33t trackers like FTN,FSC,FTWR,PEG etc are only for those dumb enough to believe that, but take notice, that these forums needs money to 'survive', or needs money to give you VIP status so that you 'could get your ftn account faster' :frusty:
So, have you ever paid any money here at FST? No, but still, the trackers are keep getting offered here, by trade or giveaway.

As for those who hate this place because it keeped an open policy regarding trading vs giveaways, you may go and continue ass kissing the l33tz0r members from those ' hidden & l33t ' forums you have and eventualy and you will prove an awesome ass kisser you may get a bone ( a tracker ). But remember, the better you are ass kissing and praise your l33tz0r forum friend, more chances you have that he will consider you for that dreamed tracker.

As for the activity here, it hasn't change.For the l33t trackers, it's just that the invites are not available, or just a smal portion of users have them, like uploaders. Mainly because of those who sell them, take example the hdbits.org case.
As for the general trackers, in time users have got managed to make an account and are satisfied with them.
These days the pretimes in the established trackers are very fast and so, it's not like a 1-2+ years ago when just a few trackers had good pretimes and were hunted by everyome.

PS: Remember that in the eyes of trackers, both trading and giveaways are forbidden ( not for all trackers, just a part of them, but the irony makes that exactly those trackers who are agains giveaways & trades are the ones who gets traded & giveaway... ). So, these forums arround who bash and flame on FST because it allows trading, are just stupid.
There is no diference in the giveaway from here to the one from these forums. What, just because you have to get to the irc to be invited makes them 'secure' ? You pick a random nick, say that you know the rules & bla bla about private trackers, and you have 2-3 trackers like demonoid and 2 privates ones, but you want to be a part of a more secure and better ones. And they will invite you in no time.
Then you may go and PM the forum staff and say they are full of sh!t ^^

Zip
07-25-2009, 10:48 PM
It's all in a matter of degrees.
Agreed. As Maddoxro pointed out, invite forums that only allows giveaways are bad too because it's against most trackers' rules to make giveaways.

Not to forget the tracker reviews that are uncensored. And their stupid policy which allows them to mention and speak of any trackers freely because their invite forum is 'small and secure'.
This ruins trackers' privacy pretty much.

Members who joins a tracker from an invite forum tend to know everything about the tracker before they even get there, and in most cases (not always) they bring nothing but quantity to the site. (if anything at all)

That's as far as FST as an invite forum goes, but it's more than that. It's a filesharing forum, meaning that it's not here to stay just as long as BT is popular.
True story. The bittorrent section(s) is only a small part of the entire site. Too bad many people only think about tracker invites, trading and that sort of stuff when they hear FST. :lol:

stoi
07-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Do you know what i hear the most for what tracker staff hate about this place. yes trading and giveaways are high on the agenda, but the 1 thing that gets on most of the tracker staffs tits is this.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-and-bittorrent-tracker-reviews-256067

and the fact that none members can view it, as in its open to everyone.

but that is all i am going to say on the matter, because i wil just get into an argument with someone lol

n00bz0r
07-26-2009, 01:47 AM
stoi hit the spot after 2 pages of pointless discussions. :happy:

GAs and Trades are not a big deal. If anyone wants to catch a trader from this place it wont take long. Trust me on this one. Its all about 'priority'.

Anyway, GAs are as silly as Trades, thats coz of tha fact that invites are given to random people wid supposedly better sense of ethics and stats on trackers. (which in most cases is simply not true.)

So movin back to the topic, these generous guys must have realized that its not the way to do things anymore, especially since there has been a paradigm shift in the way private BT trackers function now.

The_Martinator
07-26-2009, 09:49 AM

So what about the rest of the l33t forums arround, who 'allows' only giveaways, smartass ?

No matter how many secret, l33t, hidden, whatever, p2p forums will appear, FST will be the biggest, most popular, and used one for trackers.

Pay attention to members / staffz0rs from trackers, and you will notice that they had / have a FST account, or was once active here, especialy those from high level trackers.

These new l33t forums that are popping out everyday and promise you only l33t trackers like FTN,FSC,FTWR,PEG etc are only for those dumb enough to believe that, but take notice, that these forums needs money to 'survive', or needs money to give you VIP status so that you 'could get your ftn account faster' :frusty:
So, have you ever paid any money here at FST? No, but still, the trackers are keep getting offered here, by trade or giveaway.

As for those who hate this place because it keeped an open policy regarding trading vs giveaways, you may go and continue ass kissing the l33tz0r members from those ' hidden & l33t ' forums you have and eventualy and you will prove an awesome ass kisser you may get a bone ( a tracker ). But remember, the better you are ass kissing and praise your l33tz0r forum friend, more chances you have that he will consider you for that dreamed tracker.

As for the activity here, it hasn't change.For the l33t trackers, it's just that the invites are not available, or just a smal portion of users have them, like uploaders. Mainly because of those who sell them, take example the hdbits.org case.
As for the general trackers, in time users have got managed to make an account and are satisfied with them.
These days the pretimes in the established trackers are very fast and so, it's not like a 1-2+ years ago when just a few trackers had good pretimes and were hunted by everyome.

PS: Remember that in the eyes of trackers, both trading and giveaways are forbidden ( not for all trackers, just a part of them, but the irony makes that exactly those trackers who are agains giveaways & trades are the ones who gets traded & giveaway... ). So, these forums arround who bash and flame on FST because it allows trading, are just stupid.
There is no diference in the giveaway from here to the one from these forums. What, just because you have to get to the irc to be invited makes them 'secure' ? You pick a random nick, say that you know the rules & bla bla about private trackers, and you have 2-3 trackers like demonoid and 2 privates ones, but you want to be a part of a more secure and better ones. And they will invite you in no time.
Then you may go and PM the forum staff and say they are full of sh!t ^^

Obviously you haven't seen all invite forums. There is one that isn't l33t at all (allthough some people would disagree) and that only allows GAs for tracker invites that the staffers from the said trackers has approved. They do not promise you an invite to any of the F trackers, btw.
Sure nothing is perfect and even there you might start collecting invites and get invited just by answering some simple questions.

Do you know what i hear the most for what tracker staff hate about this place. yes trading and giveaways are high on the agenda, but the 1 thing that gets on most of the tracker staffs tits is this.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-trackers-offer-and-bittorrent-tracker-reviews-256067

and the fact that none members can view it, as in its open to everyone.

but that is all i am going to say on the matter, because i wil just get into an argument with someone lol

Now how did I forget that?! :fear: That thread is a disgrace. No better way to put it.

Zip
07-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Now how did I forget that?! :fear: That thread is a disgrace. No better way to put it.
It's helpful to some point as well. :turned: