PDA

View Full Version : amd or intel ?

blaster
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
amd = the best for me , and for you ?

nemrac
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
A few years back, i would have agreed with you. But now I don't think they can compete with Intel.

Intel's core i7 chips are so fast and cheap it's no comparison.

Nemrac

bioflare
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
A few years back, i would have agreed with you. But now I don't think they can compete with Intel.

Intel's core i7 chips are so fast and cheap it's no comparison.

Nemrac

I have to agree. Intel is wooping AMD, the i7's are still quite expensive at the moment, but there are a lot of good i7 cpu combo + mobo deals right now that it offsets that fact.

lynx
07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I think it depends on your intended use.

If you are wanting a top end system, then Intel is best value for money and has the highest performance.

On the other hand if you just want a system for internet, email and maybe a few simple business applications then the entry level systems with AMD processors seem to give comparable performance to their Intel counterparts for (a little) less money.

iLOVENZB
07-30-2009, 11:07 PM
There used to be a competition with AMD vs Intel, but since the 06' days Intel has been kicking ass!

I think the Core i7 results speak for themselves ;)

CloudDragon
07-31-2009, 03:47 AM
I agree with the posts, Core i7 is a fast and a bit expensive, yet.

saulin
08-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Like lynx said. It depends on your needs. For me I wish I had the fastest processor on earth because I have an application that demands the power. www.mame.net (http://www.mame.net)

But for others just a cheap AMD PC might do it.

tesco
08-03-2009, 07:03 PM

Like lynx said. It depends on your needs. For me I wish I had the fastest processor on earth because I have an application that demands the power. www.mame.net (http://www.mame.net)

But for others just a cheap AMD PC might do it.
You need an amazing super fast processor to run 1970s era arcade games?:unsure:

Pestilence
08-03-2009, 08:28 PM
amd is always my fav.. so ill be staying w/ it

peat moss
08-03-2009, 08:56 PM

Your posting with your heart instead of your head . ;)Intel has left AMD in it's dust .

tesco
08-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Brand loyalty gets you nowhere.:P

2slick4u
08-03-2009, 09:32 PM
right now intel with I7 and soon coming out with octacore in early 2010 so i would say AMD is behind 1 yr

Broken
08-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Low and middle market AMD is cheaper than Intel for relatively the same performance.

If bragging rights, and a few more points on benchmarks are what you're after - burn that cash and go with intel.
If you are value conscious, and focused on real world performance instead of benchmarks - go with AMD.

For my needs, and tight budget I went AMD and used the money I saved to buy a top of the line graphics card.
My system does just fine. Super fast, able to game with top setting on anything out there.

IT's also important to realize, it doesn't matter what you buy. Six months, it'll be obsolete anyways.

iLOVENZB
08-04-2009, 07:22 AM
IT's also important to realize, it doesn't matter what you buy. Six months, it'll be obsolete anyways.

That's what annoyed me when I first started building :pinch:.

saulin
08-04-2009, 09:48 PM
That's why you should buy good overclocking parts :) That way you can go much longer wihtout feeling so behind. I pushed my Quad Q9550 from 2.83Ghz to 4.11Ghz, all I had to buy was a good CPU Heatsink and a nice board for overclocking.

I'm way up there right now in performance with this CPU. The same goes for the video card if you are a gamer. Get the best video card you can afford. This part is one of the most important parts for gamers and then overclock as high as you can go.

sw388
08-05-2009, 09:17 AM
intel

Rart
08-06-2009, 06:20 PM
Although X2 used to be the big thing - core 2 duo and i7 have basically wiped it off the map performance wise. I'm on an AMD though, lower end can have some great buys.