PDA

View Full Version : How to kill P2P Filesharing

stoi
07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Just a daft post on my part before i go to bed (but i have seen a lot worse on here lol) and obviously the companies wont do this, but this is how they could kill Filesharing.

Not in any order, and they are not linked. (unless you want them to be)

1: Stop releasing loads of crap, to see every film, listen to every album, play every game, buy all the updated software etc etc you would need to be a millionaire, and there is still 5 months of the year left ffs.

2: Bring prices down accross the board, so intsead of £40 for a new game, it will be £5 for a new game, £20 for Blu-ray £5 for a Blu-ray etc.

3: Bring a blockbuster out at a reduced price. FF 14, GT5, etc etc at £5, it will be the top selling game of all time, as a crap load of people would buy it, and they would probably make more money than charging £40 for each copy in the long run. then once thats worked, start doing point 2. (obviously if they try this with a game no one has ever heard of, people will just think its crap and not buy it, as a £5 game cant be as good as a £40 game surely, that is why it has to be a blockbuster).

4: Bring out a sliding scale for prices. They have beta testers, and movie/album previews etc, get them to vote on the quality of the game/movie/album, the better it is the more they can charge for it, the worse it is, the less they can, so a game that is top notch they can sell for £30 max, a game that is attrocious (and there are plenty of those), £5 max.

5: Bring North American and European pricing together, instead of, game sells for $40 in the USA lets make it £40 in the UK (they do this with everything), well hmm no, a $40 game is only about £25 (cant be bothered to go to xe.com to check properly) so it should be £25 not £40 over here. Which would be a lot farer on everyone, but knowing the companies, they would make it £40 and $70 for a game the greedy gits lol

Like i said just a daft post with some mindless thoughts because i am tired, and i bet i regret this in the morning lol

Obviously there are other ways to kill it, but going after everyone under the sun, and announcing it to the world is just making it more widespread, and is not working at all.

Adam1990
07-30-2009, 05:21 AM
A few problems. Ill go in order

1. It is not just one company releasing all this crap. The entertainment industry is very large and there are tons of companies looking to grab a piece of the pie. I personally like having more of a selection to choose from than less of a selection. Less of a selection means higher prices for everything else.

2. First off it costs a lot of money to develop a game, get it ready for release, produce all of the casing, print out all of the inside covers, ship the game to the retailers, and give the retailers their cut for selling the game. (same principle for movies) I just don't that that 5 euros is enough per game for them to bother producing the games.

3. Going back to point 2, it doesn't matter if its the greatest selling game of all time if there is no profit margin on it. They need to make money, not break even.

4. This is a good idea except for the fact they would never admit to their product being shit, and even if they know it is shit they will try and trick as many people as possible into paying full price for it. Admitting the game is shit and putting the price at 5 euros is saying in bold letters DO NOT BUY THIS GAME IT SUCKS.

5. Yea your right, sure makes me glad to be an american. But hey you guys are used to getting screwed over there =P. US always gets the hometown discount.

There is also one more point to be made. Why the hell would I pay 5 euros to buy a game that I can get for free. I personally don't care how much it costs in stores because I will just download it for free anyway. P2P will never die for this reason. Your suggestion just makes entertainment easier for the common folk who pay for their shit already. We are all the rebellious type around here.

PZ.

soulreaper
07-30-2009, 05:30 AM
I wouldn't buy things which I get for free,that's what it boils down to.So I don't think p2p can be killed unless you punish/kill(whichever is feasible)p2pers.

iLOVENZB
07-30-2009, 08:37 AM
(ironically) The MPAA would keeps putting the costly FBI warnings on DVD's which you can't skip or fast forward. Poor legit customers :cry:.

I miss the days of VHS! :lol:

1000possibleclaws
07-30-2009, 08:52 AM
(ironically) The MPAA would keeps putting the costly FBI warnings on DVD's which you can't skip or fast forward. Poor legit customers :cry:.

I think their intention is to make the legit customers pissed off at piraters, and hopefully take their side in the everlasting war on piracy.

apextwin146
07-30-2009, 10:41 AM

I think their intention is to make the legit customers pissed off at piraters, and hopefully take their side in the everlasting war on piracy.
:w00t: now thats thinking out of the box ..

cinephilia
07-30-2009, 11:34 AM
4: Bring out a sliding scale for prices. They have beta testers, and movie/album previews etc, get them to vote on the quality of the game/movie/album, the better it is the more they can charge for it, the worse it is, the less they can
lol, don't you think it's a bit more complex than that ? :unsure:

alfry1010
07-30-2009, 01:26 PM
1.There are so different test for different people but i'm agree that there are a ton of crap all around

2 and 3.I agree that 20£ is expensive and that they should down the price because the game industry is now the first entertainement industry but 5£ is just too low so 10£ could be a good price.

4.They do some preview test but the fact is that the product should please the maximum of audience so it fit the middle class middle family...so most of the time you will find this crap but some nice idea from little compagny could be awesome like "world of goo". Moreover the marketing put every buyer in different category so you can't decide that you're category is the best and should be sell at 30£ and that the others are crap and should be sold at 5£.

5.yeah it's a shame i'm from france and every product from US cost the same price but in euros so a game of 40$ cost 40€ so 20% higher...what a shame !

Polarbear
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
If they really want to make a counterbalance they have to create something like the iTunes Store. The files gotta be almost for free. Nothing more than one dollar. Movies have to be better quality and be available faster than than scene releases. You should be able to max out your 100Mbit connection with a few clicks and download the latest movies and music. Almost everything that comes out should be available.

There's no way in the world that a commercial company can achieve that.

You can't turn back technology. Filesharing just startet. A company would be more than happy about the growth rate that filesharing has. Every third internet user practices illegal filesharing nowadays. It will never die. They can't criminalise a whole society.

The digital revolution will turn into a copyright revolution. Digital media will lose its price in the long run. Simply because they cannot compete.

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 03:03 PM
If they really want to make a counterbalance they have to create something like the iTunes Store. The files gotta be almost for free. Nothing more than one dollar. Movies have to be better quality and be available faster than than scene releases. You should be able to max out your 100Mbit connection with a few clicks and download the latest movies and music. Almost everything that comes out should be available.

There's no way in the world that a commercial company can achieve that.

You can't turn back technology. Filesharing just startet. A company would be more than happy about the growth rate that filesharing has. Every third internet user practices illegal filesharing nowadays. It will never die. They can't criminalise a whole society.

The digital revolution will turn into a copyright revolution. Digital media will lose its price in the long run. Simply because they cannot compete.

Well said! I'm thinking of something to add, yet nothing comes to mind. :P

Zip
07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Filesharing cannot be killed. Even if internet died, it would still be there in a way or another. :smilie4:

DV8type
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
yeah but your missing one major point. the CEO will not get that cool 3mil as a bonus unless he rapes the public

gfish
12-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but dv8type - could you contact me? I can't find a way to pm you. :-)

Bad-Day
12-18-2009, 11:15 AM
How to kill p2p ?

That will never happen.

Giving refunds, everythime a movie sucks, that would be a starter.

Ex:

I bought a music tape from iron maiden, than i bought the vinyl, and than i bought the cd, and than i bought the remastered version, and than i bought the live show.

What´s wrong whit this ?

Just one album.

In euros:

Tape: 5 euros ( cant remember )
Vinyl: 15 euros ( more than 10 years ago )
Cd : 16 euros
Live show: 17 euros
Remastered version: 20 euros ( more or less )

Well, besides these genious who work for the entertainmente ( greedy ) industry, i cant remember or think off, any other business who can sell the same product over and over again, and still raise the price...

megabyteme
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Well, besides these genious who work for the entertainmente ( greedy ) industry, i cant remember or think off, any other business who can sell the same product over and over again, and still raise the price...

This would be a PERFECT place for a "yer mom" joke, but I am above that sort of thing.

Well, actually I am WAY below it, but Idol told me I would get banned if I ever talked about anyone's family again. So, I'll stay above it...:shifty:

BTW, right on about the refunds on the movie tickets. If I had to pay for movies, I simply would not care enough to watch them. Unless I have forgotten one, the last movie I saw in a theater was 8 Mile. I really am not willing to pay for the "experience" of the film being narrated to me by someone with the IQ equal to, or less than, a loaf of bread.

As far as I am concerned, they can drink Coke, go to named stores, ship packages via Fed Ex, whatever...that pays for my viewing of their movie.:angry:

Good to see ya again, B-D. :happy:

anon
12-18-2009, 04:41 PM
I can't find a way to pm you. :-)

That's because you need to wait 15 days before you can PM anyone, or reversed.

pone44
12-18-2009, 11:39 PM
If people were allowed to get a refund at the theater for saying they did not like the movie then a lot of people would claim they didnt like the film to avoid paying even if it was the best movie they have ever seen.
That would never work.

How to kill p2p ?

That will never happen.

Ewwwyourface
12-18-2009, 11:46 PM
add put stoi behind bars for the rest of his life to the list

takes me 2 sec to post idoleyes has to waste his whole life on the internet lol

Bad-Day
12-19-2009, 12:00 AM
If people were allowed to get a refund at the theater for saying they did not like the movie then a lot of people would claim they didnt like the film to avoid paying even if it was the best movie they have ever seen.
That would never work.

How to kill p2p ?

That will never happen.

/ its a joke \ youre not the only smart one in here...

megabyteme
12-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I was actually serious. So many movies ARE released that the industry knows is crap. You'll find these HEAVILY advertised with misleading trailers. If they put as much work into the movie as they did making the trailer look good, it might have been watchable.

Regardless, retail stores take that risk. I purchased a back massager last week. I wasn't sure if I wanted the cheaper one, or the more expensive one, so I asked the return policy. I have 6 months. Tell me you could not spot the product that has been used for that length of time.

The entertainment industry needs to be held accountable for their products. In part, that is what we are doing. We are refusing to pay for something that would not live up to acceptable standards anywhere else.