superkiller1
07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
hoping to get some supports~~~~~~~

cinephilia
07-30-2009, 11:35 AM
what do you expect us to say... ?

SPY
07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
Give him some invites !!! He is not a trader any more :))

superkiller1
07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
lolll..
trading is a bad thing~~~~

tippertime
07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem?...

Funkin'
07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
If you're doing this because you're thinking you'll get free invites now from people here, then you might as well just keep on tradin' as you will most likely always be labeled as a trader by others here at FST. But if you're stopping because you now realize it's against tracker rules and you no longer want to break those rules...than good for you.

NippleCake
07-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Just wondering why do you end every one of your posts like this?~~~~~~

And its one thing saying your stopping trading but actions speak louder than words.

Polarbear
07-30-2009, 12:36 PM

What can I do for you son ~~~~~~~~

NippleCake
07-30-2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.scld.org.uk/data/image/image_458_You_can_do_it_DVD_front_cover.JPG

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
You decide good! Now you must regain trust of those who decide not trading before many many winters ago.

Seriously, time will tell if you can really go on without trading. The next few months will prolly be rough.

PS: Don't expect to get dozens of invites now.

tippertime
07-30-2009, 12:46 PM
The next few months will prolly be rough.

its true, I hear trading withdrawal is worse then heroin…but we have faith in you

Polarbear
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.scld.org.uk/data/image/image_458_You_can_do_it_DVD_front_cover.JPG

Harsh. :lol:

superkiller1
07-30-2009, 01:05 PM
no i wont trade again.....
i promise~~~~~~~~

ca_aok
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
No one cares, we aren't going to rain invites down upon you now.

hitman1
07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
No one cares, we aren't going to rain invites down upon you now.

liar. someone cares ;)

TP635
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
no i wont trade again.....
i promise~~~~~~~~

Talking about it is one thing but practicing whay you talked about is another.
Here is what you can do....
Ask to be disabled from the top 3 trackers that you are in.
Change ips
Change your identity ie nick
And start asking for invite.

Yoann64
07-30-2009, 02:43 PM
I guess the first step is admitting you have a problem?...
lol...join http://www.aa.org/
you can tell something like :
"Hy, my username is "Superkiller1", and i was a trader, i didn't trade since 2 days, 3 hours and 52 mn".

good move to left the dark side, maybe too late ...but who knows

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
good move to left the dark side, maybe too late ...but who knows

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/cometothedark128506956031250000.jpg

PlayeR
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
where is killercam when we need him?

php
07-30-2009, 03:20 PM
your faith is your shield son

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 03:27 PM
where is killercam when we need him?

Hey, I tried. A little encouragement wouldn't hurt me. :angry:

Haha!

Cabalo
07-30-2009, 03:35 PM
who cares?
does that mean that now you will be making requests for trackers and people should ignore your past, just because you say so ?:unsure:

what's next? FSC, FTN, etc etc ?

NippleCake
07-30-2009, 03:37 PM
give him a chance Cabalo he is showing his sincerity through the use of~~~~~~~

megabyteme
07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
You decide good! Now you must regain trust of those who decide not trading before many many winters ago.

Seriously, time will tell if you can really go on without trading. The next few months will prolly be rough.

PS: Don't expect to get dozens of invites now.

Ignore all of the posts except this one, superkiller1!

You made some mistakes, but you can redeem yourself. Don't expect people to see that you have changed right away. You definitely want to be a "good" community member. Do some give-aways, help people with questions, make sure your posts are of value, and even look for open sign-ups.

You made the right choice. Now, if you make a commitment like this an get caught trading- you might as well close your account here, because we will haunt you every time you post.:devil:

Now hows that for encouragement? :P

Good luck! We will be watching you...;)

NippleCake
07-30-2009, 03:50 PM
Good luck! We will be watching you...;)

knock yourself out i havent got time to waste on checking if someone trades or not :happy:

Cabalo
07-30-2009, 03:57 PM
megabyteme, it's easy to see you're still new around here.
this kind of threads has happened in the past quite often with ill results, with users admitting they did it to trick members, trading with dupe accounts, scamming, and all the possible scum of the earth.
so you will have to understand that for many people around here it's not easy to believe in such words, and good will.
after all, this is the internets.

LubTheStaringCat
07-30-2009, 04:08 PM
:flamehideIt's like moths to a flame, they can't resist posting.:flamehide
:hypocriteMe Included:hypocrite
:whoosh:Do you rely think anyone cares less whether you trade or not:whoosh:

apextwin146
07-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Nvm

Stellar
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
And what exactly brought about this decision~~~~~~~

Zip
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
:flamehideIt's like moths to a flame, they can't resist posting.:flamehide
:hypocriteMe Included:hypocrite
:whoosh:Do you rely think anyone cares less whether you trade or not:whoosh:
Your post looks like a temple. I like it. :fst:

b3owulf
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Maybe the kid decided not to trade after he got global ban? j/k
I hope You're sincere (still I don't believe in it) dude. Good luck ;)

megabyteme
07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
this kind of threads has happened in the past quite often with ill results, with users admitting they did it to trick members, trading with dupe accounts, scamming, and all the possible scum of the earth.
so you will have to understand that for many people around here it's not easy to believe in such words, and good will.

Only time will tell if he is sincere or not. I try to encourage people to make good decisions and to be good community members. I don't think he will successfully trick anyone. Most of us are pretty good about reading previous posts. As far as I am concerned, the guy gets one shot to redeem himself.

I do know that mocking the guy's efforts won't help him stick to his resolve. If he stops trading and the non-traders don't give any indication that they will support his "good" decision, he will have no choice but to return to trading.

I am very much anti-trading and believe it is worthwhile to get people to stop. I have contacted a couple of very new members who did not think there was anything wrong with it because "there is a whole section devoted to trading". When they realized that many members here frown upon it, they immediately recanted.

Maybe I sound like a noob, but I try to treat people on the "internets" the same way I would IRL. I may get burned occasionally, but that happens to everyone but the harshest of cynics.

And really, I won't have to devote ANY time to "monitoring" his actions. If he goes against his pledge, SOMEONE WILL NAIL HIM ON IT!

gueriLLaPunK
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Maybe the kid decided not to trade after he got global ban? j/k
I hope You're sincere (still I don't believe in it) dude. Good luck ;)

He did.

Superkiller1 -- stop with the ~~~~~ it's retarded.

realityhd
07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
Quitters never win.

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 06:07 PM

Only time will tell if he is sincere or not. I try to encourage people to make good decisions and to be good community members. I don't think he will successfully trick anyone. Most of us are pretty good about reading previous posts. As far as I am concerned, the guy gets one shot to redeem himself.

I do know that mocking the guy's efforts won't help him stick to his resolve. If he stops trading and the non-traders don't give any indication that they will support his "good" decision, he will have no choice but to return to trading.

I am very much anti-trading and believe it is worthwhile to get people to stop. I have contacted a couple of very new members who did not think there was anything wrong with it because "there is a whole section devoted to trading". When they realized that many members here frown upon it, they immediately recanted.

Maybe I sound like a noob, but I try to treat people on the "internets" the same way I would IRL. I may get burned occasionally, but that happens to everyone but the harshest of cynics.

And really, I won't have to devote ANY time to "monitoring" his actions. If he goes against his pledge, SOMEONE WILL NAIL HIM ON IT!

Props to you mate. If there were more people like you, maybe more traders would try to redeem themselves. :cool:

But the cold hard truth is that he probably does have a hidden agenda. but like you said time will tell. The flaming isn't helping him stick to his decision if he in fact is sincere, that's for sure.

megabyteme
07-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks, Martinator!

This topic is so similar to the American prison system that you could almost exchange the word "trader" for "criminal". Once you have the label, it is almost impossible to "go straight" or "get an honest job [invite]".

And you are right, there is a certain mindset that simply cannot abide by society's [site] rules. Giving certain people a 2nd or 200th chance won't make a bit of difference.

One of Michael Moore's films uses an example from a prison in Norway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGTzbj3fRSw

MM's films are generally not a great resource for facts, but I find this example very interesting. It does show that an alternative for our failed prison system that treats criminals as inhuman and outsiders. I have not seen anything that disputes, MM's presentation of the Norway prison system.

There is probably a better way of reincorporating "traders" than to shun and flame them.

DV8type
07-30-2009, 07:22 PM
WHAT!!!!! Some one has done changed the game. What happened to the old tried and true method of registering another username then using both usernames to have a flaming war over some invites, where the new virtuous username wins and banishes the trader known as: superkiller1

There's still time....its never too late!!!

Polarbear
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
There is probably a better way of reincorporating "traders" than to shun and flame them.

Dude, I saw n00bs here promising that they'll never ever trade. The minute they had access to the invite section, they mad their first trade offer. Traders begging for invites claim that they're done with trading. A few days later they traded the account.

After a while you stop feeling sorry about them. They'll only learn it the hard way when they get banned.

If they can't read and follow the number one tracker rule to keep their account safe, which is Do Not Trade, they simply don't deserve invites to other trackers.

It's not death penalty. It's just protecting your private accounts by not inviting anyone who is associated with trading.

The trackers don't give them a second chances because they broke their rules. Why should we? Reincorporating them is a waste of time.

Wait until you've been here for one year you'll see things differently.

I made countless post telling newcomers to stay away from trading. They didn't listen until they came back crying over their lost accounts. It's always the same.

The_Martinator
07-30-2009, 07:35 PM

Dude, I saw n00bs here promising that they'll never ever trade. The minute they had access to the invite section, they mad their first trade offer. Traders begging for invites claim that they're done with trading. A few days later they traded the account.

After a while you stop feeling sorry about them. They'll only learn it the hard way when they get banned.

If they can't read and follow the number one tracker rule to keep their account safe, which is Do Not Trade, they simply don't deserve invites to other trackers.

It's not death penalty. It's just protecting your private accounts by not inviting anyone who is associated with trading.

The trackers don't give them a second chances because they broke their rules. Why should we? Reincorporating them is a waste of time.

I made countless post telling newcomers to stay away from trading. They didn't listen until they came back crying over their lost accounts. It's always the same.

You've got a point, but what if someone is just too lazy to read your posts? How long before he can be forgiven?

Some say never. I can't blame them. But I have seen people who have traded turn themselves around. It's rare, but not impossible.

PS: I like to read so I never traded. :P

deadalive1
07-30-2009, 07:36 PM

Agreed, very well said.

megabyteme
07-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm not so cynical yet, but it will be interesting to see how I feel in a year.

And don't get me wrong... I am certainly not advocating instant redemption. I would not give a "trader" a second chance until he has been a "good" community member (see my first post in this thread) for several months. Redemption is EARNED, not given!

Edit- or perhaps a couple of months that show strong commitment to this community.

mrnobody
07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
spare yourself the embarrassment. Create a new account. :lol:

then flame yourself with your new found identity.

Roooney
07-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Good for you. What made you stop trading? Maybe you could give some advice on here to make other people stop trading aswell.

tippertime
07-30-2009, 09:52 PM
What made you stop trading?

probably didn't have anything worth trading...so when that didn't work gave this a shot~~``

7th
07-30-2009, 10:00 PM
a wise decision indeed, I must say =/

pretend
07-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I didnt trade ever. Sp wtf, I should feel like op is > me?
What's point of this thread?

killercam101
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I didnt trade ever. Sp wtf, I should feel like op is > me?
What's point of this thread?

If you trade they will get YOU!!!!:shutup:

http://tinyurl.com/nbe5ck

iLOVENZB
07-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Honestly was it really necessary to make a whole thread here?~~~

What trackers are you still with?

sear
07-31-2009, 07:44 AM
WHAT!!!!! Some one has done changed the game. What happened to the old tried and true method of registering another username then using both usernames to have a flaming war over some invites, where the new virtuous username wins and banishes the trader known as: superkiller1

There's still time....its never too late!!!

:lol:

looks like this was his non trading account anyway i'll be expecting a post about how good he is soon...lol.

gueriLLaPunK
07-31-2009, 08:01 AM
Good for you. What made you stop trading? Maybe you could give some advice on here to make other people stop trading aswell.

He has been banned from almost every tracker he was apart of.

megabyteme
07-31-2009, 01:36 PM

If that is true, redemption could be a looooooong ways away. :)

If he chooses to change, he can use public trackers until some new open sign-ups come along. Hopefully he has learned a big enough lesson and will follow the rules when he does get on some new private trackers.

I still wish him luck and encourage him to be a "good" and active community member where ever he is.

maddoxro
07-31-2009, 02:19 PM

If he chooses to change, he can use public trackers until some new open sign-ups come along.

Oh, cut the sh!t with this globan ban thing. Stop making childish posts like: dude, you got banned on the l33t X tracker. Now you will banned for life from the interweb from all your trackers. Like the Y tracker with 999k users gives a sh!t for that guy and what it had done.

So this 'global' ban works only on the few elite/high level trackers which you see on the WTAW thread and on those l33t wannabe ones.
Because those l33t ( and calling them l33t it's not a mocking ), so those l33t trackers are concerned about security, so a guy who trade or whatever he does which breaks their rules, it's a secury hole and it will be purged, and for the sake of security will inform their p2p friends about this.

So, these guys who promote the global ban are just kidz who wants their dream trackers, and those trackers are as high as it could be posible on the WTAW thread.

As for this guy who started this thread, it's childish what he is doing and maybe even making fun of you with this topic.
No one cares that you stoped / reloaded trading, no one but the guy who you will PM next time for an invite.

saulin
07-31-2009, 05:25 PM

What can I do for you son ~~~~~~~~

lol

See that's more likely. Give the guy some support. He's not a trader anymore! :lol:

lisabritpop
07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
i think many ppl here dont like trading,me as well. Regarding your sincere words,i will give you my support :)

KushBlow
07-31-2009, 06:20 PM
http://createdbyraphael.com/arstechnica/funnythread/motivation.PNG

Nice.

mievmo
07-31-2009, 08:47 PM
ok. GL..
I think it's only an trick... to get harder invites :)

p.s
good idea.

snowdragonzt
08-01-2009, 02:57 AM
I didnt trade,and will not
-I have got nothing to trade

superkiller1
08-01-2009, 04:55 AM
well i was banned from ptn and revtt.

gionman
08-01-2009, 05:11 AM
that's nice to know. hell, I've never traded, never will. :)
I grateful I was schooled well when I was introduced to private trackers.

Zaxx
08-01-2009, 05:18 AM
well i was banned from ptn and revtt.

With this last bit of info, I have to agree with an earlier suggestion(s) to drop the nick, drop the emails, change ip and what ever.
Only time will tell if your making a genuine attempt to change...

cinephilia
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM

btw, trading is not a illness.

megabyteme
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM
btw, trading is not a illness.

No it isn't. Many of us believe it is a bad behavior and it weakens the BT community. We all respond to the action differently. Some people act as "watchdogs" and report to others that the member is a "trader" and, therefore, not worthy of a gift invite. Others, such as myself, tend to encourage "good" behaviors and try to sway these members towards more community oriented actions.

There are two views at play here. The first looks at the "trader" as a bad person who is not worthy of being in the community. The second looks at the actions of the member. We may not like these actions, but we can still hold out hope that the individual(s) will want to change.

I am 37 and know that I have changed a lot since I was in my teens and twenties. I don't believe I was ever a "bad" person, but I made many, many mistakes and did things that I would not even consider doing now. I try to see others as having the same potential.

Again, I want to stress that redemption is something that is earned, not given. The individual holds much of the decision power in his/her own hands. It is then up to the community to decide if that member is genuine or not.

It is not enough to simply stop doing the objectionable action. Individuals who have violated community trust typically have to atone for their wrong doings. Again, it is up to the individual to take these positive steps and then it is up to the community to judge if they are genuine.

Redemption is a great topic to study. It has been around since the New Testament (and I imagine much earlier). It is a very common theme in both modern and classic literature. It is also frequently used television, and movies. The characters portrayed are almost always central to the story because they are dynamic (learning) and not static (unchanging). Even though a character learns something from his conflicts it does not mean that he will be successful or forgiven.

Cabalo
08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
If he chooses to change, he can use public trackers until some new open sign-ups come along.

Oh, cut the sh!t with this globan ban thing. Stop making childish posts like: dude, you got banned on the l33t X tracker. Now you will banned for life from the interweb from all your trackers. Like the Y tracker with 999k users gives a sh!t for that guy and what it had done.

So this 'global' ban works only on the few elite/high level trackers which you see on the WTAW thread and on those l33t wannabe ones.
Because those l33t ( and calling them l33t it's not a mocking ), so those l33t trackers are concerned about security, so a guy who trade or whatever he does which breaks their rules, it's a secury hole and it will be purged, and for the sake of security will inform their p2p friends about this.

So, these guys who promote the global ban are just kidz who wants their dream trackers, and those trackers are as high as it could be posible on the WTAW thread.

As for this guy who started this thread, it's childish what he is doing and maybe even making fun of you with this topic.
No one cares that you stoped / reloaded trading, no one but the guy who you will PM next time for an invite.
maddox's post pretty much sums up the "global" ban bullshit.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Again, I want to stress that redemption is something that is earned, not given. The individual holds much of the decision power in his/her own hands. It is then up to the community to decide if that member is genuine or not.

It is not enough to simply stop doing the objectionable action. Individuals who have violated community trust typically have to atone for their wrong doings. Again, it is up to the individual to take these positive steps and then it is up to the community to see if they are genuine.

Redemption is a great topic to study. It has been around ever since man started to gather in groups and form communities. It is a very common theme in both modern and classic literature. It is also frequently used television, and movies. The characters portrayed are almost always central to the story because they are dynamic (learning) and not static (unchanging). Even though a character learns something from his conflicts it does not mean that he will be successful or forgiven.

The act of redemption is not as important ( certainly in most movies and literature ) as the journey necessary to get one there.
That's why I don't think the word applies ( in a specific sense at least ) to being reinstated into trackers.

True redemption requires fundamental life altering change . It requires soul-searching and sacrifice .
It is a word of significance and to be used lightly.

Simply deciding that trading is counterproductive to one's e status and therefore stopping ( and hoping to be forgiven ) is hardly the same as ( for example) the trials faced by Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption as he struggles to reclaim his existential humanity.

Qlix
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I won't read through the posts here, as there are too many. My reply is based on the first post and nothing else.

It's too bad you used to trade as it's a very bad thing. But at least you realized that so I'll give you credits for that. I hope more traders will follow you and quit trading. Get friends instead, then you'll automatically get invites as you become good friends with people. Get involved in forums and IRC. Be nice. Don't troll/cheat/trade. Follow the site rules. And you will get invited - without trading. :)

megabyteme
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Good points, IdolEyes. I don't think that we can hope to be the catalyst for life-changing notions of purpose and self actualization. :)And changes that occur with members here are unlikely to even get anyone re-instated on trackers that they have broken rules on (unless one of the admins/mods is also a member and forgives them).

What we can do here is help members of this site be better members of the BT community.

If we are not here to be part of a strong community, what are we here for? I have only been here for a few months and I have all of the accounts that I am (currently) interested in. I believe that is the case for a lot of the "regulars" here. I consider myself a "regular" because I am here daily and believe that I am (on at least a minimal level) contributing.

My point in all of this is that we should not write people off permanently because they, for a period of time, made mistakes. I believe there is the possibility of redemption in most communities. If someone wants to sincerely make the effort to change (and even atone for those indiscretions) we should support those changes.

I do not believe I am using the term lightly. I am, however, extending the term to a level that is applicable to our community.

IdolEyes787
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
My point in all of this is that we should not write people off permanently because they, for a period of time, made mistakes. I believe there is the possibility of redemption in most communities. If someone wants to sincerely make the effort to change (and even atone for those indiscretions) we should support those changes.

Totally agree with that .No one is infallible and true wisdom is only gained from learning from mistakes.

Still it's not really a question of forgiveness but rather a question of trust.

brento
08-02-2009, 07:00 PM

It is not enough to simply stop doing the objectionable action. Individuals who have violated community trust typically have to atone for their wrong doings. Again, it is up to the individual to take these positive steps and then it is up to the community to see if they are genuine.

Redemption is a great topic to study. It has been around ever since man started to gather in groups and form communities. It is a very common theme in both modern and classic literature. It is also frequently used television, and movies. The characters portrayed are almost always central to the story because they are dynamic (learning) and not static (unchanging). Even though a character learns something from his conflicts it does not mean that he will be successful or forgiven.

The act of redemption is not as important ( certainly in most movies and literature ) as the journey necessary to get one there.
That's why I don't think the word applies ( in a specific sense at least ) to being reinstated into trackers.

True redemption requires fundamental life altering change . It requires soul-searching and sacrifice .
It is a word of significance and to be used lightly.

Simply deciding that trading is counterproductive to one's e status and therefore stopping ( and hoping to be forgiven ) is hardly the same as ( for example) the trials faced by Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption as he struggles to reclaim his existential humanity.

your my hero for bringing TSR into this discussion.
That movie warms my heart <3 <3 <3

megabyteme
08-02-2009, 07:05 PM
No one is infallible and true wisdom is only gained from learning from mistakes.

Still it's not really a question of forgiveness but rather a question of trust.

Trust is the outcome of seeing that individual make the changes and hopefully atone (an act, or acts, that show sincerity). As you mentioned, the journey is key here because unless we (the community) get to see the changes, we will not have any reason to believe that the person has changed.

I still believe that forgiveness plays a part because the individual has done something that ran counter to the community. They have committed a violation. Some members will forgive the act, others will not consider the possibility.

sez
08-03-2009, 08:08 AM
@MBM,I think everything you said is correct and its generally what should happen,i don't see why people shouldn't be allowed a second chance,a while back i decided to steer clear of these to trade v/s not to trade debates coz they weren't helping any course and if anything they just provided an avenue for people to bash the other side.Interestingly though this other side barely contributed to these threads making them even the more pointless and basically just a monologue of sorts to increase post count and for some people to SCREAM!! out in public that they weren't traders as much as we wouldn't know what they were in private.Some were even doing it for the sake of reps on other forums(and even linked their insults in their sigs ''I anti trader,i abuse them bad on FST,click here for proof'')

As of my opinion,trading is wrong but if you ask me,i'd be more inclined to listen to the preach who tells me if you change your ways you'll have a good after life than the preach who tells me if i don't change my ways i'll fucking burn in hell for eternity.This gospel of doom just doesn't work.

cinephilia
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I won't read through the posts here, as there are too many. My reply is based on the first post and nothing else.

It's too bad you used to trade as it's a very bad thing. But at least you realized that so I'll give you credits for that. I hope more traders will follow you and quit trading. Get friends instead, then you'll automatically get invites as you become good friends with people. Get involved in forums and IRC. Be nice. Don't troll/cheat/trade. Follow the site rules. And you will get invited - without trading. :)
lol@"get friends" recommendation..
pretty amusing how people always encourage inexperienced torrentusers to make friends in order to get invites (and not for friendship's sake)..

Zip
08-03-2009, 01:01 PM

lol@"get friends" recommendation..
pretty amusing how people always encourage inexperienced torrentusers to make friends in order to get invites (and not for friendship's sake)..

Qlix is an experienced bittorrent user. If your goal is to join all the best trackers there is, I suggest you to follow Qlix's footsteps.

True story. :yes:

IdolEyes787
08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Qlix is an experienced bittorrent user. If your goal is to join all the best trackers there is, I suggest you to follow Qlix's footsteps.

Best trackers? Is this a consensus thing or is individual taste still factored in?

Or are we going by purely empirical measurement?

iLOVENZB
08-03-2009, 01:20 PM
The point of private BT trackers has gone out the window, with users trading invites to get into the 'best' trackers.

Now the 'best' trackers are full of insecure users.

Thank you traders!

n00bz0r
08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
The point of private BT trackers has gone out the window, with users trading invites to get into the 'best' trackers.

Thank you traders!

+1.. its sad though.. :unsure:

cinephilia
08-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Qlix added to buddylist :pimp:

PlayeR
08-03-2009, 02:42 PM

Thank you traders!

+1.. its sad though.. :unsure:

and one of the reasons why traders want to get "best trackers" is because its members keep saying this tracker is the best and only filled with l33t and experience people...if u are just ordinary and common like most members. you cant join it..

Cabalo
08-03-2009, 03:32 PM

Thank you traders!
the best trackers include for example TL, and it's not because of traders that it is insecure. :ermm:

Zip
08-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Best trackers? Is this a consensus thing or is individual taste still factored in?

I mean highlevels. :mellow:

realityhd
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM

Thank you traders!

You're welcome! In my experience all of the accounts I traded away were deleted and I never opened nor used the accounts I traded for so presumably they've been pruned as well. I was just getting rid of them really, so that means one less insecure user on each of those sites.

IdolEyes787
08-03-2009, 05:16 PM

Sorry by best I thought maybe you meant ..you know....best.

Zip
08-03-2009, 05:18 PM

Sorry by best I thought maybe you meant ..you know....best.
Everyone knows that level 1 trackers are the crappiest ones, and level 10 ones are by far the best ones! ;)

IdolEyes787
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I always thought that the ones that won't let me in are the best.
Saves us both a lot f trouble.

Yoann64
08-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Everyone knows that level 1 trackers are the crappiest ones, and level 10 ones are by far the best ones! ;)
level 10 = Best ? Why ?

Zip
08-03-2009, 05:30 PM
That's true as well. As long as they don't have us as members they are best. :frusty:

The_Martinator
08-03-2009, 05:36 PM
level 10 = Best ? Why ?

Because the majority of FST's members say so. :P

Yoann64
08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
level 10 = Best ? Why ?

Then I am a part of the minority which thinks that is bullshit :whistling

deadalive1
08-03-2009, 05:58 PM
level 10 = Best ? Why ?
Because some people here look at that WTAW listing and equate levels with degrees of excellence. Level 1 = shit (as you seen someone say earlier) while Level 10 = uber-1337 (so must be awesome).

People need to stop treating that list like it is the end all be all. Levels are mostly for traders, they need to put a value on trackers so they can know what it is worth. Every tracker (well most) no matter where they fall on ANY list has something to offer a person. It is what YOU think of the tracker NOT what some damn list says it is.

megabyteme
08-03-2009, 06:06 PM
10 is best?!!! Damn, thought I was pretty cool with my level 1's. :cry:

Zip
08-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Levels are mostly for traders
It's funny how often that sentence is being repeated. :P

While that may be the truth, a lot of anti-traders and non-traders consider that as their bible as well. :lol:

Yoann64
08-03-2009, 06:39 PM
...a lot of anti-traders and non-traders consider that as their bible as well. :lol:
I know this "bible":
HL trackers =
1 - More secure
2 - Good content
3 - Great community
not sure, that they (members of HL trackers) are really objective.

Cabalo
08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
level 10 = Best ? Why ?

indeed. especially those so-called invite hunters. :)

IdolEyes787
08-03-2009, 10:01 PM
That's true as well. As long as they don't have us as members they are best. :frusty:

I'm glad you agree . Now if you can just stop quoting out of context we might be actually getting somewhere.

Sorry if I fail to give the topic the proper respect it deserves btw .

Actually I've forgotten what the topic is but I figure that statement is a pretty safe bet.
Thinking about making it my sig.

The_Martinator
08-04-2009, 06:58 AM
indeed. especially those so-called invite hunters. :)

We have some ooooold, wise members here. They see right through people. It's like they had super powers. You may refer to them as BT heroes. :noes:

iLOVENZB
08-04-2009, 07:32 AM

Thank you traders!
the best trackers include for example TL, and it's not because of traders that it is insecure. :ermm:

I've noticed in scene notices the mention TL (among other trackers), many times :shutup:.

S3v3N
08-04-2009, 10:16 PM
:happy:

KushBlow
08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
:happy:

Last edited by S3v3N; Today at 10:23 PM..

http://i31.tinypic.com/n6uque.jpg

Rart
08-08-2009, 04:57 AM
I had been lurking here for a long time before I finally created an account, and while I agree that more likely than not the OP is just trying to get rained down with with invites at his revelation, I admire megabyteme for his efforts.

Alot of these posts tend to get filled with massive amounts of sarcastic remarks and flames from regulars in a matter of hours (no offence) and its a breath of fresh air to not see someone completely rain down terror on the op.

KushBlow
08-08-2009, 05:03 AM
I had been lurking here for a long time before I finally created an account, and while I agree that more likely than not the OP is just trying to get rained down with with invites at his revelation, I admire megabyteme for his efforts.

Alot of these posts tend to get filled with massive amounts of sarcastic remarks and flames from regulars in a matter of hours (no offence) and its a breath of fresh air to not see someone completely rain down terror on the op.

I think FST to traders is what USA is to Iraq.

Rart
08-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Thats a good way to put it, but what about the entire trade section on FST? Thats like making the connection that the USA allows a massive collection of know terrorists to harbor on their soil:huh:

KushBlow
08-08-2009, 05:16 AM
Thats a good way to put it, but what about the entire trade section on FST? Thats like making the connection that the USA allows a massive collection of know terrorists to harbor on their soil:huh:

One of them was even a president :whistling.

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 05:53 AM

Thanks, Rart!

PM me if you want to chat sometime.:)

Rart
08-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Unfortunately, I can't yet :-P

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 06:30 AM
PM me on demonoid...same username. Find George Orwell 3 books + 3 Essays. My name will be in the comments.

momassalha
08-08-2009, 08:28 AM
trade its suck i don't like it i hope u never trade again .

charliebitme
08-08-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm new here and I've been thinking about this...I've mostly been thinking about public giveaways VS trading. In public giveaways, your trust is often built on ratioproofs,speedtests and a couple of sentences. Sure, a very good member that have proven to this or any other site that he is very trustable can step forward and apply for a giveaway but you still don't have any personal connection or something alike - your trust is basically built on the fact that he seems/is(depending on how much of a pessismist you are,choose a word:P) trusted to others. So either your trust has to be built on speed,ratio and a couple of not so meaningful words or that he is trusted by others and I find this a bit worrying(+you risk getting banned:().

In trading, there is often no trust between the traders that he or she will use the account/be an active&good member, the only trust that is required is the trust that he/she won't be scammed or tricked in any way. But let's say that the trader decides that he want's to be really careful - he does the same thing as in GA's - he asks for ratioproofs,profilelinks,speedtests and checks if he's an active member here except the trade section or an active member on the torrentsites etc. If he does this, he should be pretty sure that the one he invites is an asset to the site in the same way people that do public GA's will want/have to be pretty sure about this.

So, except the fact that you're giving when doing public GA's, what's worse - Trading and being extremely careful or doing public GA's and being careful?

I do not trade and haven't traded...And after thinking about this, I'm in real doubt if I should do public giveaways.

So, I want you opinions about this perspective and if I should do public GA's or not?

And creds to megabyteme and the few others here that still thinks he can become better:)

prasannab13
08-08-2009, 02:32 PM
good thing bro

TP635
08-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm new here and I've been thinking about this...I've mostly been thinking about public giveaways VS trading. In public giveaways, your trust is often built on ratioproofs,speedtests and a couple of sentences. Sure, a very good member that have proven to this or any other site that he is very trustable can step forward and apply for a giveaway but you still don't have any personal connection or something alike - your trust is basically built on the fact that he seems/is(depending on how much of a pessismist you are,choose a word:P) trusted to others. So either your trust has to be built on speed,ratio and a couple of not so meaningful words or that he is trusted by others and I find this a bit worrying(+you risk getting banned:().

In trading, there is often no trust between the traders that he or she will use the account/be an active&good member, the only trust that is required is the trust that he/she won't be scammed or tricked in any way. But let's say that the trader decides that he want's to be really careful - he does the same thing as in GA's - he asks for ratioproofs,profilelinks,speedtests and checks if he's an active member here except the trade section or an active member on the torrentsites etc. If he does this, he should be pretty sure that the one he invites is an asset to the site in the same way people that do public GA's will want/have to be pretty sure about this.

So, except the fact that you're giving when doing public GA's, what's worse - Trading and being extremely careful or doing public GA's and being careful?

I do not trade and haven't traded...And after thinking about this, I'm in real doubt if I should do public giveaways.

So, I want you opinions about this perspective and if I should do public GA's or not?

And creds to megabyteme and the few others here that still thinks he can become better:)

Ratio can easily be faked and a good speed test does not make a person a better user.

Public GA is seen by many trackers to be just as bad as treading.

sez
08-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Basically both of them are frowned upon,though its utter hypocrisy as to how some trackers warm up to some forums that do exactly what you'll be banned for doing in the giveaway section here,its this double standard that sometimes gets to me and kinda makes a huge mockery of the tracker rules.i'd even be tempted to say that these invite pusher forums are more insecure than this place coz if you look at it these sites exist coz of invites,takeaway the invites and they are more than dead,so any smart RIAA/MPAA spy who has done his stats will tell you that if you want invites you start with where you know they are obviously available and at where trackers such as iTS are as comfortable to even recruit from than to start with a place where your chances of being banned on a tracker increase by upto 50% just for registering.

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Thanks, charliebitme! I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words.

I believe you have analyzed quite a bit of what goes on with trading and public give-aways. I differ with you on the points regarding "careful" traders. Care is not something that a trader needs to take- as you pointed out, as long as they don't get scammed, all is well.

I imagine that there are some traders who care. Primarily, I think that they are just looking for the next "high". The E-peen. The temporary "elite". The next "deal". Relationship with trackers and other members is minimal. They are more Ayn Rand egoist than anything else (not a compliment). IMO, traders are far more for themselves that they are for any community. If they build up a ratio, it is not for the site or the members- it is simply to make their trade more valuable.

Public give-aways. These are typically good members of other sites who have connections and investments in those sites. Giving away invites does one of two things for the giver.

1) It allows that member to look for new, enthusiastic members who will hopefully be an asset to that site. Does the potential member have good ratios? Does he help other members on this site? Is this person fun or interesting? Have they acted in a manner that shows they deserve a shot at being part of the new community? If the answer is yes to most (or preferably)or all, then it is worthwhile to give that member a chance.

2)The person doing the give-away can make themselves look like a better member of this community by giving invites and getting "rep".

I spend a lot of time reading posts. I did so for quite a while before joining in the discussions. After you read page after page of (sometimes mind-numbing) posts, you get a pretty good feeling for what that person is like. It is not foolproof, but good members from other sites have good reason to check people out thoroughly.

So, my recommendation to you is to become rooted in this community and on other sites that you enjoy. Do everything you can to be active and valuable to those sites. Once you get to know who is a good community member, compare that to the people who are putting on a false-face. People who are trying to look good. You will be able to spot the differences.

Good luck and thanks for taking the time to think so deeply about the subtle differences around here. People who care are always valuable!

charliebitme
08-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all the answers to my post..after careful thinking, I've decided that I won't do giveaways here...But after I've been here a while, I'll hopefully know who's trustable and not. And if I want to give invites anyway,It'll happen via PM and I'll only give to people that prove that they can really contribute to the tracker somehow.

megabyteme
08-09-2009, 06:15 PM
You are very welcome, charliebitme!

I believe your conclusion is a very good and responsible one. I have tried a couple of give-aways and have had mixed emotions. On one hand, it feels good to help people out. On the other, it can be very disappointing. If you look through my posts, you will see that I just closed the thread without giving away all that I had.

I think ultimately, it isn't about how many invites you give away, it comes down to finding good members who will make the community stronger and more enjoyable.

Feel free to pm me when you get through your first month, charliebitme.

TP635
08-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks for all the answers to my post..after careful thinking, I've decided that I won't do giveaways here...But after I've been here a while, I'll hopefully know who's trustable and not. And if I want to give invites anyway,It'll happen via PM and I'll only give to people that prove that they can really contribute to the tracker somehow.

I never use this forum to give public invite. I did get some invites from the GA forum but that was way back. I don't even read that part of the forum anymore.
It is best practice here is to give invite via PM, but not in respond to invite request in the request forum. If you are here long enough, you will know who need what and who have what.

sear
08-10-2009, 02:27 AM
I'm new here

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/searsta/orly_bowie.jpg

Swift
08-10-2009, 05:59 AM

what kind of support ? financial :lol:

Rart
08-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Invitcial support.

charliebitme
08-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm new here

Revenge!:P
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/KQ6WQ/Motivational/Not_Funny.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~wastedyouth/notfunny.jpg
I can also google images:P

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Revenge!:P
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f103/KQ6WQ/Motivational/Not_Funny.jpg
http://homepage.eircom.net/~wastedyouth/notfunny.jpg

Hey now! That was pretty slick. Where did you guys get the pics of the ambiguously gay guy and the funny cats?... Those could really come in handy when somebody is being an ass for no reason. :lol:

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Where did you guys get the pics of the ambiguously gay guy :lol:

Ambiguously gay guy is one of the greatest musicians of all time.

KushBlow
08-10-2009, 11:20 PM

http://i28.tinypic.com/wu01gk.jpg

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Don't get me wrong, IdolEyes- I LOVE Sting.... :tease:

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Does your wife know or do you have one of those open marriages?

IdolEyes snickers under his breath because he merely harbors a schoolboy crush for him.

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I made a specific trip downstairs to my computer just to read your response. I knew you would come back with a vengeance... you did not disappoint. Touché. :lol:

sear
08-11-2009, 01:22 AM

Indeed you can...but are you really new here ;)

cinephilia
08-11-2009, 02:59 AM

Don't get me wrong, IdolEyes- I LOVE Sting.... :tease:
dunno if it was sarcastic (i still have trouble to understand american wit) but the guy in the pic is David Bowie :mellow:

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
It was, cinephilia. Just though I would rile IdolEyes a bit. :D

IdolEyes787
08-11-2009, 03:29 AM
dunno if it was sarcastic (i still have trouble to understand american wit) but the guy in the pic is David Bowie :mellow:

Damn and I was so sure that it was Jareth the Goblin King .:dry:

dTOppbFKWko
(http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#ziggy%20stardust%20bowie/3)

cinephilia
08-11-2009, 12:46 PM
:mushy:

ryslan4ik
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I will never trade again
Seriously, I promise
No need sarcasm please...

The_Martinator
08-11-2009, 01:15 PM
I will never trade again
Seriously, I promise

No n00b insults this time? Can you promise that? :P

ryslan4ik
08-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I will never trade again
Seriously, I promise

No n00b insults this time? Can you promise that? :P
Hi Martin87o how are you buddy? I know you staff ass licker, you not moderator I-N ahaha, because you banned, you n00b buddy, not me :P
I don't care what you think. Bye bye a stupid guy :lol:

charliebitme
08-11-2009, 03:57 PM

Indeed you can...but are you really new here ;)
It's not like it's hard to see that FST members have a habit of posting /b/ and lolcatz-pics.

Wich is a shame, 'cause they're boring:pinch:.

KushBlow
08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Question. How many useless and spam comments (like this one) do you have to have in a useless thread before idoleyes787 reigns down terror upon us with the lock?

IdolEyes787
08-11-2009, 05:15 PM
http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/1ds-13/infiniti-g35-coupe-silver.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/anarmyofnone/uroboros.jpg

http://www.charlespetzold.com/blog/2006/04/InfinityAnimation.png

KushBlow
08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
3500 to go :(

Rart
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Question. How many useless and spam comments (like this one) do you have to have in a useless thread before idoleyes787 reigns down terror upon us with the lock?

The world may never know.

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Well, suddenly this has become on-topic...

LZ0epRjfGLw

sez
08-11-2009, 06:43 PM
http://www.dylan-reece.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/rave_laser.gif
http://img188.yukle.tc/images/2422laser_.gif_hepsiii.gif
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj324/LJ_CAROLL/My%20Gifs/LaserShow2.gif
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj203/Luvsmusicalot/rave-1.gif
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp324/COSIIN/Rave/background_rave41.gif

KushBlow
08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
There goes the thread epilepsy certification.

QPD
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
this topic should be closed...

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 08:38 PM

I have been keeping an eye on the OP (mainly out of curiosity) and I can say that he has not posted in the trade section. Way to go OP!!!:01:

He has only made a couple of posts since this thread, but he has kept to his word. Hopefully he will become more active here and realize that there is more to the site than just invites.

Come on, OP. We are a lot of fun!!!!

KushBlow
08-11-2009, 08:43 PM

I have been keeping an eye on the OP (mainly out of curiosity) and I can say that he has not posted in the trade section. Way to go OP!!!:01:

He has only made a couple of posts since this thread, but he has kept to his word. Hopefully he will become more active here and realize that there is more to the site than just invites.

Come on, OP. We are a lot of fun!!!!

IMO FST is like a jungle. No one will ever forgive him. There are always those people who dig up your trader threads that were 2-3 years ago, and tease you by calling you a trader even if you've forfeited it 1 year ago or 10 years ago.

pone44
08-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Nobody really pays attention to 2-3 year old trade threads being dragged up if the member has been following rules and has no trades since. Go back 2-3 years ago and most non/anti traders use to trade themselves. It is also about respecting the person that gave the invite in the first place. To follow the rules.

IdolEyes787
08-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Most traders don't post in the trade section .They do there deals via PMs so no one's the wiser.

Megabyteme while your faith in the goodness of people is refreshing one day you need to realize that the really successful cheats/criminals / scoundrels owe much of their success to the very fact that they are the ones who do the best job of disguising their true intent.

Kind of apples and oranges here because cheating someone out of a tracker invite isn't quite the same as mass murder but I'm reminded of Ted Bundy
He utilized arm slings and crutches, he used fake English accents and he outwardly seemed like a very nice, clean cut man.So no one had an inkling that they should run away.

Hope I don't find you stuffed in the trunk of a car is all.

sez
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
11.Tennessee line
http://www.mp3boo.com/cover-album/Daughtry-leave-this-town.jpg

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Hope I don't find you stuffed in the trunk of a car is all.

I hope that if I am ever stuffed in the trunk of a car you DO FIND ME ! And please don't wait too long. Perhaps even bring some water... :D

And I do get what you are saying about the "Trading Underground" and I imagine some of our "model citizens" around here do do it. All of the things that communities find objectionable go on in the "alley ways" and "dark corners". To a certain extent, our whole community has to do this. (Unfortunately, IMO)

I think it is great that members of the BT community have come together and said "this is where we draw the line". We have rules. We have etiquette. We need to have the taboos and the heinous offenses. This is what makes us a true community and not some band of roaming hyenas.

sear
08-11-2009, 10:54 PM
lol I think you'll find there's a lot of hyenas out there mate. It's always the ones you'd never suspect that turn around and bite you on the arse.

megabyteme
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
That's the difference between a perfect world and a strong community. We cannot control everything, but we can actively work towards a strong(er) community.

We really have a microcosm of the "Real World" here, its strengths and its weaknesses.

Rart
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
IMO FST is like a jungle. No one will ever forgive him. There are always those people who dig up your trader threads that were 2-3 years ago, and tease you by calling you a trader even if you've forfeited it 1 year ago or 10 years ago.

QFT.

Just check the posts in the invite requests sections... This is what always happens. Especially in impossible requests for sites like ftwr or fsc the flames can go on for pages...

lion24
08-15-2009, 10:54 AM
The meaning of "~~~~" is hard to explain. It's kind of like "excitement".

Examples:
That is so~~~~ good.
hi~~!!
I'm tired~

If you chat with koreans, you'll understand how it's used.

iLOVENZB
08-15-2009, 02:03 PM
If you chat with koreans, you'll understand how it's used.

:lol: ~~~~

sez
08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
~~~~~http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/nitr/animatedpics/337ee553.gif~~~~~

cinephilia
08-15-2009, 04:17 PM
~~~~~http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e107/nitr/animatedpics/337ee553.gif~~~~~
:lol::lol::lol:

you beat killercam on this one!

n00bz0r
08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
:lol: