PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid dl speed

Helionster
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Ok guys so here I am blowing my head out for a month to get a Demonoid invite cause I was realy done with the public trackers's speeds. But infortunetly the speeds over there didnt even got to the half(50kbs) that trackers like bittorrent.ro gave me.(100-200kbs). My question is: Is (50-100kbs)a normal speed in Demonoid or am I missing somenthing?:frusty:

Octane
08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
demonoid is the same as any public tracker imo...

Night0wl
08-06-2009, 07:20 PM
It all depends on who's doing the seeding. You can max out with one seed or get crappy speeds with 100 seeders and leechers.

It's like that everywhere where normal users can upload. And it's even like that on the fastest trackers on older torrents.

Rart
08-06-2009, 07:41 PM
The reason demonoid is so slow is cause there are absolutely no rules for seeding and it is consistently open for a private tracker. With everyone with low ratios and no HnR rules, speeds will suffer.

Helionster
08-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Gess it depends on how lucky we are. But,to tell the truth, Demonoid has been a major disapointment 4 me. I don't understand wy there's so many people out there begging for one invitation code.

cinephilia
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Gess it depends on how lucky we are. But,to tell the truth, Demonoid has been a major disapointment 4 me. I don't understand wy there's so many people out there begging for one invitation code.
simply because of the 364,429 torrents available...

KushBlow
08-06-2009, 10:23 PM
You're NEVER going to have constant stable speeds on Demonoid. NEVER. If that doesn't appeal to you...try another tracker?

sear
08-06-2009, 11:35 PM
The reason people want demonoid is because as cinephilia pointed out it has a lot of torrents so if you can't find something anywhere else chances are you'll find it there.

Night0wl
08-07-2009, 12:04 AM
My last two downloads from Demonoid have been great for me. My max isn't much, around 240KB/s, but I had to limit download so uploads wouldn't suffer.

Like I said, it all depends on what torrent and who's seeding.

vpg8000
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
It's great when you can't find a file anywhere else. Then I don't mind the speeds as I am desperate at that point. But for anything else, I go elsewhere to be honest.

peat moss
08-07-2009, 12:39 AM
It's great when you can't find a file anywhere else. Then I don't mind the speeds as I am desperate at that point. But for anything else, I go elsewhere to be honest.

Ya I only use Demoniod for software if H33T doesn't have it . I still have over a 3,0 ratio as I enable DHT for those torrents .

harshytkage
08-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Demonoid is not the place for speeds, in fact it's not even that much of a Private Tracker, more of a semi public tracker...

TP635
08-07-2009, 02:52 AM
speed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

or for that matter even if I don't seed lol.

KushBlow
08-07-2009, 02:59 AM
seed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

Same for me I don't get that. Even if you wait a week for it to update it doesn't.

cinephilia
08-07-2009, 02:59 AM
seed is never an issue for me. My only slight dislike for Demonoid is that my ratio is stuck at 0.7 no matter how much I seed.

:frusty:

The ratio system is purely statistical and somewhat innacurate for the ones with shared or dynamic ips. Besides what other users may think of you for not sharing, there is no punishment for having a low ratio.

TidusBlade
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, even though Demonoid is semi private, it's got a boatload of stuff you can't find elsewhere, always great to have it in case.

@cinephilia: That's what their rules state but the ratios never update, ever, since they came back over a year ago. (Was it a year... xD ?)

Helionster
08-07-2009, 11:03 AM

Haven't seen things from that point of view. Gess you'r right on that one. Still if you are like me that only looks for the general 0-day stuff Demonoid becomes obsolete,but like someone allready said here "always good to have an account".

tippertime
08-07-2009, 01:22 PM
@ helionster - you would be better off with a site like IPT (a great site to get your feet wet in the private bittorent world) if you put in a request for it I will send you an invite

rebrov
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Demonoid is the best semi-private tracker for Appz-Old movies etc...

cuz of its not a private tracker u can find the speed there not much interesint at all
but it also depends on who's u seeding from :)

Kelm
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I agree you can use demonoid as a beginning into the private trackers, but dont think all private trackers are like demonoid. It really should not even be considered a private tracker as previously stated, everyone seeds what they want, and there are a lot of users with slow connections on there, which causes horrible speeds on torrents there.

prasannab13
08-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Though demonoid speeds are slow they have huge content and good community

sez
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM
This is just one of the consequences of retention.If you want good speeds with older stuff then get yourself an RS a/c

KushBlow
08-07-2009, 06:29 PM
This is just one of the consequences of retention.If you want good speeds with older stuff then get yourself an RS a/c

There are still stuff found on Demonoid that are not on RS. Well at least one e-book that's for sure.

Helionster
08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
@ helionster - you would be better off with a site like IPT (a great site to get your feet wet in the private bittorent world) if you put in a request for it I will send you an invite

I'll be happy to do it. I just dnt know how,do you need my e-mail or something? (I'm too noob to post requests and still haven't figured out how to PM)

cinephilia
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
@cinephilia: That's what their rules state but the ratios never update, ever, since they came back over a year ago. (Was it a year... xD ?)
i'm pretty sure your ratio never update cause you have only downloaded torrents tracked by public torrentsites.
anyway, Demonoid rules are pretty clear, there is no punishment for having a low ratio... so why bothering ?

tippertime
08-07-2009, 08:33 PM

I'll be happy to do it. I just dnt know how,do you need my e-mail or something? (I'm too noob to post requests and still haven't figured out how to PM)

I made a Give away with a few IPT invites...yeah I need your email...not really sure how you can get that to me...if you can find a creative way to get it to me without anyone else seeing it the invite is yours....

TP635
08-08-2009, 01:42 AM
i'm pretty sure your ratio never update cause you have only downloaded torrents tracked by public torrentsites.
anyway, Demonoid rules are pretty clear, there is no punishment for having a low ratio... so why bothering ?

I dl tons of stuffs tracked by Demonoid and not external trackers, and I still can't get the stat to update.
BUT i don't really care.

whiteboy
08-08-2009, 02:13 AM
Demonoid is a public tracker that has sign ups to control the flow of people signing up.

Private trackers dont allow external trackers.

You gotta go to demonoid knowing the speeds are gonna suck. But your probably gonna find what you need.

DanielleD87
08-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Ok guys so here I am blowing my head out for a month to get a Demonoid invite cause I was realy done with the public trackers's speeds. But infortunetly the speeds over there didnt even got to the half(50kbs) that trackers like bittorrent.ro gave me.(100-200kbs). My question is: Is (50-100kbs)a normal speed in Demonoid or am I missing somenthing?:frusty:
wooo hold on!
demonoid is not a private tracker. It is a public tracker much like tpd with limited user accounts to keep the community running. If it gets to big either do what tpb does (servers time out) or restrict new people.

I do not have a demonoid account yet I download from there time to time. You do not have to be a user to download from their trackers because they are PUBLIC.

If you want to start out with decent private trackers try SCC or TL or something along those lines. They are a much better example of private trackers.

2slick4u
08-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Hey who cares about the speed is free anyway so wait coupe hrs and speed is always shitty

Rart
08-08-2009, 04:05 AM
Thats were higher trackers such as TL come in ;)

DanielleD87
08-08-2009, 08:48 AM
TL high? Rofl!
TL is low. It is the lowest tracker I deal with. It is perfect for noobs to get a feel. It is like has nearly the largest userbase of any private tracker. More people means more invites. More invites means lower on the pyramid. The pyramid is rated based on rarity and nothing else really.

sez
08-08-2009, 11:25 AM
TL high? Rofl!
TL is low. It is the lowest tracker I deal with. It is perfect for noobs to get a feel. It is like has nearly the largest userbase of any private tracker. More people means more invites. More invites means lower on the pyramid. The pyramid is rated based on rarity and nothing else really.
Its refreshing to hear somebody being honest.The others usually refuse to admit the obvious and pretend that its about security and other interesting but quite pathetic excuses.I never thought of it as a pyramid though,my thinking was something along the lines of a ladder.But anyways you are the l33+ one maybe you know what you're talking about(and I don't mean that in any bad taste,i infact kinda like the swag i've seen in you in the past couple of days)

Funkin'
08-08-2009, 01:02 PM
But anyways you are the l33+ one maybe you know what you're talking about(and I don't mean that in any bad taste,i infact kinda like the swag i've seen in you in the past couple of days)

:lol:

Rart
08-08-2009, 09:14 PM
TL high? Rofl!

In my eyes, I find it to be one of the highest. I max out my speed on all the torrents, many non scene releases (like a slightly worse CAM before the scene one comes out, more windows 7 versions that weren't put on scene), massive amount of content compared to "leet" trackers. And with the massive userbase, older more obscure torrents are far less likely to turn into 1 seeder ghost towns.

roderick
08-08-2009, 11:31 PM
simply because of the 364,429 torrents available...

Huh? There's only a little over 276,000.

KushBlow
08-08-2009, 11:37 PM
TL high? Rofl!

In my eyes, I find it to be one of the highest. I max out my speed on all the torrents, many non scene releases (like a slightly worse CAM before the scene one comes out, more windows 7 versions that weren't put on scene), massive amount of content compared to "leet" trackers. And with the massive userbase, older more obscure torrents are far less likely to turn into 1 seeder ghost towns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recording_Industry_Association_of_America

This ended it for me.

The_Martinator
08-09-2009, 04:14 PM
But anyways you are the l33+ one maybe you know what you're talking about(and I don't mean that in any bad taste,i infact kinda like the swag i've seen in you in the past couple of days)

Couldn't have said it better. Some of us have to hide our sucking up to people, this guy goes head on. :yup:

sez
08-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Couldn't have said it better. Some of us have to hide our sucking up to people, this guy goes head on.:)
http://www.gloomies.com/sarcasm.jpg

DanielleD87
08-09-2009, 10:25 PM

rofl! I got called leet for talking about torrent leech! hahahha :cool:

excellent job explaining why content is 10 on that site. Content is the opposite of rarity. Rarity determines the level. To find a site that has a lot of content but still is rare is a diamond in the ruff. This is why people like FTN.

Helionster
08-09-2009, 11:11 PM

I made a Give away with a few IPT invites...yeah I need your email...not really sure how you can get that to me...if you can find a creative way to get it to me without anyone else seeing it the invite is yours....

The only way I see is for you to go here http://hel-met.hi5.com/ and the adrress will be revealed for you.
So I wont post it here...I'ts a kind of stupid solution but it's the only one I could come up with...:wacko:

kell0w
08-09-2009, 11:32 PM
i got a demonoid account and its not all that bad. but yes its basically like a public site, but imo the speeds are alittle better

Rart
08-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Couldn't have said it better. Some of us have to hide our sucking up to people, this guy goes head on.:)
http://www.gloomies.com/sarcasm.jpg

I dont get it :(. I think you have to explain it to me.

Who are you explaining it to?

Wwwildthing
08-10-2009, 02:22 PM
Demonoid hasn't tracked ratios (properly) since they got kicked off of Leaseweb. It's popular because of the volume of content, they average 200 new torrents a day. Some people would say "if it's not on Demonoid, it hasn't been posted as a torrent (yet)".

You couldn't buy my Demonoid account... but I'd sell you my tehconnection (which I've never used) in a heartbeat.