PDA

View Full Version : uTorrent doesn't remember where my stuff is, the bastard

Definite
08-08-2009, 01:34 AM
So I just got back from a two month trip, unparked my accounts and fired up uTorrent without turning on my external harddrive, where most of my torrents are saved. I have a feeling this is why uTorrent now thinks all of my stuff is in "My Documents" on my internal harddrive. Also, the entire "Directories" section of my uTorrent options is unchecked/greyed out, and I don't remember if that's normal.

How can I get get uTorrent to recognize where my torrents actually are?

Rart
08-08-2009, 05:17 AM
This may be painfully obvious and you might have already tried this, but in the directories part there are little checkmarks you have to tick before you can change the settings.

If that doesn't work you could try manually setting the DL location by right clicking, going to advanced and setting dl location.

Definite
08-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah I have a feeling my directories settings were like that before because new torrents are saved in the right location on the right drive. As for the torrents I've already downloaded, I don't want to manually change the download location of hundreds of torrents.

peat moss
08-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I can't help but think , your avatar suites your post title . What a cutie .

sez
08-08-2009, 08:19 PM
You are right about the issue being with the external hard drive.When you launch utorrent there are things it reads from the utorrent folder in app data and you launching the client without your external hard drive where most of your torrents were,that kinda confused your client and that's why its punishing you.also check if you have another appdata and utorrent folder there in in this external hard drive.

Definite
08-08-2009, 10:00 PM
No appdata or uTorrent folder (well I named the folder uTorrent), just lots of folders and files I've downloaded.

sez
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
you must have an appdata folder on your computer if you are running windows.go to cmd and type %appdata% hit enter and see what happens.

Definite
08-09-2009, 01:01 AM
go to cmd and type %appdata% hit enter and see what happens.
OH MY GOD FIRE EVERYWHERE

Actually I get this message:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Admin>%appdata%
'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Yoann64
08-15-2009, 08:25 PM
OH MY GOD FIRE EVERYWHERE

Actually I get this message:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Admin>%appdata%
'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Try this :

Start => All programs => Accessories => Run...
and type %appdata%

Definite
08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Found it! Now what?

Definite
08-23-2009, 04:46 AM
So I just got back from a two month trip, unparked my accounts and fired up uTorrent without turning on my external harddrive, where most of my torrents are saved. I have a feeling this is why uTorrent now thinks all of my stuff is in "My Documents" on my internal harddrive. Also, the entire "Directories" section of my uTorrent options is unchecked/greyed out, and I don't remember if that's normal.

How can I get get uTorrent to recognize where my torrents actually are?
Still have this problem, I'm not uploading 24/7 and it's bothering me! Anyone have a solution?

EDIT: I figured it out. For those curious, I followed these instructions: http://dctorrent.com/f101/utorrent-move-all-your-download-files-keep-seeding-220997/