PDA

View Full Version : Torrentleech Invite (The love poem)

Evju
08-08-2009, 04:15 AM
Hi all! :w00t:

Before I start posting about how awesome I am, I would like you to sit back and listen to what I'm about to say.
I love you guys. Even though you all are "merely" pixles on my screen reflected onto my white pale face, I truly, deeply love you all!
You guys with your ironic sense of humor, cheezburger jokes and facepalms.
You guys are the reason I wake up every morning, put on my flippy-floppies, walk outdoors and give a long good HUG to the world!
I could go on forever talking about you guys, but my wife is telling me to come back in bed...
Dont worry, I will be thinking of you guys the entire time :wub:

I only have one wish before I leave!
And that is to give yourselves a round of applause!
...Aaand send over an invite to torrentleech. :yup:

I am awesome!

And so are you. :fst:

EDIT:
The reason my previous TL account got disabled is because my lovely wife and I just moved in to a new house.
We just finished buying all the funiture and the "moving in" phase is almost done.
We did not bother installing the internett before we found the perfect spot to hide all the cables and stuff (She thinks cables are ugly) :mellow:
And now as everything is set, I no longer have my account due to inactivity..
I have contacted them over IRC, but with no success..

So therefore I'm asking you guys, cuz of your awesomeness :fst:

_VIBaNaCcI_
08-08-2009, 04:31 AM
i need it plz :D

sez
08-08-2009, 12:43 PM
I can bet $100 that you previously had an account.How about we start by what exactly happened to it :)

Evju
08-08-2009, 01:19 PM
You are most definitely right sez, thats why I love you. You got this sixth sense about these things.

If you take a good look at my other post in the trading section I have explained what happened.
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-looking-torrentleech-invite-361971#post3266150

TraLaLa
08-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi all! :w00t:

Before I start posting about how awesome I am, I would like you to sit back and listen to what I'm about to say.
I love you guys. Even though you all are "merely" pixles on my screen reflected onto my white pale face, I truly, deeply love you all!
You guys with your ironic sense of humor, cheezburger jokes and facepalms.
You guys are the reason I wake up every morning, put on my flippy-floppies, walk outdoors and give a long good HUG to the world!
I could go on forever talking about you guys, but my wife is telling me to come back in bed...
Dont worry, I will be thinking of you guys the entire time :wub:

I only have one wish before I leave!
And that is to give yourselves a round of applause!
...Aaand send over an invite to torrentleech. :yup:

I am awesome!

And so are you. :fst:

indeed you are awesome

IdolEyes787
08-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Nice request. I think that you would better have a better chance of success though if you closed the trade thread and never mentioned that sort of thing again.

Besides the fact that TL hates traders and if you are ever fortunate enough to get another account there the staff will do everything in their power to ban you over something like that it's not realistic in the present climate to try to have a foot on both sides of the trade/antitrade divide.

Just my opinion btw .Do whatever you want.

Evju
08-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice request. I think that you would better have a better chance of success though if you closed the trade thread and never mentioned that sort of thing again.

Besides the fact that TL hates traders and if you are ever fortunate enough to get another account there the staff will do everything in their power to ban you over something like that it's not realistic in the present climate to try to have a foot on both sides of the trade/antitrade divide.

Just my opinion btw .Do whatever you want.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. You truly are awesome! :wub:
I've been wondering about this for some time now and I would be pleased if someone could explain to me why asking for an
invite in the trade section is more of a crime than getting one for free in the giveaway section?

But I will try to follow your guidence IdolEyes787 and close my thread in the Trade forum.

Free hugs! :hug:

sez
08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
I can give you an invite to demonoid,its really awesome:yes:
Still dunno what happened with your TL by the way,the link you gave me is reading i love you..so

IdolEyes787
08-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I've been wondering about this for some time now and I would be pleased if someone could explain to me why asking for an
invite in the trade section is more of a crime than getting one for free in the giveaway section?

The is no clear answer because it depends entirely who you are talking to.
And please don't follow my advice too closely because I am frequently wrong and karma is a bitch.

@sez if by shit you mean life then how true.

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Anyone here see Bedazzled?

http://i30.tinypic.com/20zr13s.jpg

IdolEyes787
08-08-2009, 08:47 PM
The one with Brendan Frasier where Liz Hurley is the Devil or the one with Dudley Moore where Peter Cook is the Devil ?
Either case yes and yes.

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 09:11 PM
I did stumble across the Dudley Moore version one night. Just caught 15-20 minutes. Peter Cook just lacked the flair and sexiness of Liz Hurley.

I rarely say this, but I thought Brendan Frasier did a good job in that movie. Liz makes it repeat viewings possible, though.

IdolEyes787
08-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Although clocker begs to differ I think that Brendan Fraisier has an actor lurking in there somewhere.

Deep,deep,deep in.

And under stuff too.

Lots of stuff.

megabyteme
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
:lol:

It would be difficult, but interesting, for him to step into some serious roles. He isn't one I dislike offhand, so I would be willing to give him a shot.

I have struggled to think of a part that could give him some credibility. Seven Pounds comes to mind. Actually, he might do well to follow Will Smith's lead. I do not believe he would have been as good in Seven Pounds as Will smith, but I think he could have pulled off the role.

He would need to knock one out of the park to be taken seriously.

IdolEyes787
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM
He was decent in Gods and Monsters but was like a flashlight next to the sun beside the talent that is Ian McKellan.Same( to a lesser degree) with The Quiet American and Michael Caine ( he really knows how to pick them doesn't he?He's doing the acting equivalent of me following Brad Pitt around trying to impress everyone with my good looks:lol:

Frasier fared a little better in Crash but it would take Pauly Shore to mess up with kind of script Haggis supplied him with there.

"Fuck! Why do these guys have to be black? I mean, why? No matter how we spin this thing, I'm either gonna lose the black vote or I'm gonna lose the law and order vote! Weassssel "

Evju
08-09-2009, 12:49 AM
I can give you an invite to demonoid,its really awesome:yes:
Still dunno what happened with your TL by the way,the link you gave me is reading i love you..so

I've edited my post so if you read it again (This Thread) you will see what happened :wub:

Sidenote:
I love how my Thread became a place to discuss Movies.
This is one of the reason you guys are awesome and deserve some more free hugs! :hug:

Keep it up! :fst:

cinephilia
08-09-2009, 01:54 AM
please tell me i'm awesome :coffee:

Evju
08-09-2009, 01:56 AM
please tell me i'm awesome :coffee:

Not sure I want to, is this a trap?

megabyteme
08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
When you started mentioning his other roles I had to think back (and actually look at IMDB). Fraser's career has been filled with roles that he took the lead in, or he (as you mentioned)been out-shined by so much talent that he is barely memorable.

Maybe he just needs a new agent. :D

Evju
08-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Still no one generous enough to consider giving an invite?:mellow:

KushBlow
08-09-2009, 07:22 PM
When you started mentioning his other roles I had to think back (and actually look at IMDB). Fraser's career has been filled with roles that he took the lead in, or he (as you mentioned)been out-shined by so much talent that he is barely memorable.

Maybe he just needs a new agent. :D

Maybe that's what makes him so good though? He can play a role and not completely dominate the role? For example in Bedazzled he played the role of Elliot very well as a nerdy no-life guy and at the same time gave Hurley leeway to do her thing.

/me thought he was in Movies & TV forum

Evju
08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Sigh.. :sleep1:

megabyteme
08-09-2009, 10:49 PM
Edit- Evju, you have been very patient. I checked your posts with intent of giving you the TL invite. Bad news- I found this post:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-need-blackcats-games-invite-203428

http://i26.tinypic.com/35bz59d.jpg

Too close to trading for me- especially when you are "offering" to give the same account you are asking for here.

KushBlow
08-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe that's what makes him so good though? He can play a role and not completely dominate the role? For example in Bedazzled he played the role of Elliot very well as a nerdy no-life guy and at the same time gave Hurley leeway to do her thing.

/me thought he was in Movies & TV forum

He is usually watchable, but rarely any better than "good". Having the ability to fade into the background is not something actors usually aspire to do. Ever see De Niro stand back to make others look "better"? He is memorable in every one of his films. How about Nickolson? Eastwood? Hanks? No matter if the character they are playing is timid or bold, they are memorable. They are always compatible with the other actors, but never fad into the background.

Fraser has been in so many bad movies where he was the lead, that he is in serious need of redemption. He has not been able to pull that off by lurking in the shadows (MOL)in serious roles. I still think he needs to pull something off like Seven Pounds and be the guy for the role.

BTW, it's ok to discuss movies in this thread because we are awesome!:D And responses bump the thread, so EVERYONE can have the "love" they deserve.

True, what I meant to say was - if Hollywood ever needs someone to not be noticed yet play his role indubitably (sp?) he's the guy :P.

EDIT: Hm, you know, I just remembered The Mummy movies and there he did play his lead role pretty good. I can safely say I remembered him from that character.

Evju
08-09-2009, 11:05 PM
BTW, it's ok to discuss movies in this thread because we are awesome!:D And responses bump the thread, so EVERYONE can have the "love" they deserve.

You are absolutely right! :lol:

Keep up the good work my friend! :wub:

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 12:11 AM
He is usually watchable, but rarely any better than "good". Having the ability to fade into the background is not something actors usually aspire to do. Ever see De Niro stand back to make others look "better"? He is memorable in every one of his films. How about Nickolson? Eastwood? Hanks? No matter if the character they are playing is timid or bold, they are memorable. They are always compatible with the other actors, but never fad into the background.

Fraser has been in so many bad movies where he was the lead, that he is in serious need of redemption. He has not been able to pull that off by lurking in the shadows (MOL)in serious roles. I still think he needs to pull something off like Seven Pounds and be the guy for the role.

You are failing to differentiate between being a star ( being charismatic and essentially playing degrees of yourself or in DeNiro's more recent films chewing the scenery.Well at least he isn't to Pacino's level of self parody yet ) and being an actor.
Of the ones that you listed only Hanks gets by on acting more than force of personality and even he is borderline.

You know who are good actors? Guy like Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis or Paul Giamatti or Philip Seymour Hoffman .Guys where you don't know where the role ends and they begin.

And please don't mention Seven Pounds again unless you want me to hurt you.

EDIT: Hm, you know, I just remembered The Mummy movies and there he did play his lead role pretty good. I can safely say I remembered him from that character.

And you my friend are failing to differentiate between being likable and suited to the role and displaying talent.

Bet all you numb nuts even consider Ben Affleck a bad actor .

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 12:40 AM
You are failing to differentiate between being a star ( being charismatic and essentially playing degrees of yourself or in DeNiro's more recent films chewing the scenery.Well at least he isn't to Pacino's level of self parody yet ) and being an actor.
Of the ones that you listed only Hanks gets by on acting more than force of personality and even he is borderline.

You know who are good actors? Guy like Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis or Paul Giamatti or Philip Seymour Hoffman .Guys where you don't know where the role ends and they begin.

And please don't mention Seven Pounds again unless you want me to hurt you.

You will get no argument out of me on Daniel Day-Lewis.
Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman have both done exceptional jobs as well. They do bring a special dimension to their roles. It would be hard to replace them in their performances.

Pacino, once great, needs to stop. De Niro has branched into some "comedy" roles recently- which show range, but have taken from some of his greatness.

Nicholson always plays Nicholson. He is very hard to forget or upstage. Sometimes you need that kind of presence, sometimes you don't.

I was mainly trying to pull out some names to compare and show the failings of Frasier's career. Initially, we were discussing what he would have to do to be taken seriously.

Sorry I keep bringing up 7lbs. I take it you didn't like it. I thought it was a role very suited for WS.

And you my friend are failing to differentiate between being likable and suited to the role and displaying talent.

Sorry, KushBlow. You are now the first person to ever discuss talented acting and The Mummy franchise.

Did you want an appraisal of Daredevil or Pearl Harbor?

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Only if I can give you one of Anger Management .:happy:

KushBlow
08-10-2009, 12:57 AM
You will get no argument out of me on Daniel Day-Lewis.
Paul Giamatti and Philip Seymour Hoffman have both done exceptional jobs as well. They do bring a special dimension to their roles. It would be hard to replace them in their performances.

Pacino, once great, needs to stop. De Niro has branched into some "comedy" roles recently- which show range, but have taken from some of his greatness.

Nicholson always plays Nicholson. He is very hard to forget or upstage. Sometimes you need that kind of presence, sometimes you don't.

I was mainly trying to pull out some names to compare and show the failings of Frasier's career. Initially, we were discussing what he would have to do to be taken seriously.

Sorry I keep bringing up 7lbs. I take it you didn't like it. I thought it was a role very suited for WS.

Sorry, KushBlow. You are now the first person to ever discuss talented acting and The Mummy franchise.

Now I understand why my buddies don't attend the moves with me anymore...

Did you want an appraisal of Daredevil or Pearl Harbor?

I hope it's not Gigli! :lol:

Enlightened
08-10-2009, 01:08 AM
edit- evju, you have been very patient. I checked your posts with intent of giving you the tl invite. Bad news- i found this post:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-need-blackcats-games-invite-203428

too close to trading for me- especially when you are "offering" to give the same account you are asking for here.

Busted !! Ouch !

Evju
08-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Now in my defence, That post is two years old. Alot have changed...

Edit- Evju, you have been very patient. I checked your posts with intent of giving you the TL invite. Bad news- I found this post:http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-need-blackcats-games-invite-203428

Too close to trading for me- especially when you are "offering" to give the same account you are asking for here.

If I can get a voice out there to defend myself, I will now explain.. :mellow:
Firstly that post is two years old..
I've explained why i've lost my previous account.
I dont trade accounts/invites anymore, I know it is wrong and against the rules.

Now I hope this is taken into consideration when you change your mind about me.

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Now in my defence, That post is two years old. Alot have changed...Now I hope this is taken into consideration when you change your mind about me.

That is true, Evju. Excluding your give-away today, the vast majority of your posts have been requests.

My advice- just continue to follow the site rules here and elsewhere. Don't even mention the word trade. And contribute. Post more give-aways. Help out in forums. Make comments in the news section.

...And most importantly.......wait...... for........ it.................ready?............KEEP BEING AWESOME!!!

Evju
08-10-2009, 01:56 AM
...And most importantly.......wait...... for........ it.................ready?............KEEP BEING AWESOME!!!

Phew, I waited for some harsh discipline lession at the end there, but you cant fail with AWESOME now can you? :01:

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Sorry I cannot help you at this time, Evju. I will not rule it out as a possibility in the future.

Congratulations on the new house! :D

Evju
08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Very well..
I appreciate the change of heart though, really shows character! :happy:

Thanks, the new house is awesome, if you could immagine? :P

cinephilia
08-10-2009, 08:03 AM

he has edited the post... no comment.

megabyteme
08-10-2009, 08:35 AM
That's why I do a screen cap. Doesn't make the OP look very good though, does it? :noes:

Thanks for the heads-up, cinephilia. Very good catch!

http://i32.tinypic.com/2d9pyiu.jpg

Instead of moving forward towards being a better member, he chooses BS. Add one point to my cynicism. Score one for the cynics..:swear:

BTW, I was planning to contact the admins at TL before helping this guy out. I don't mind giving someone a chance if they are willing to make an effort, but I wouldn't do so blindly. I would have found out exactly why his account had been disabled before doing anything for someone with a sketchy past.

Enlightened
08-10-2009, 11:09 AM
BTW, Guys please Reread this FAQ on TL . about INVITES :

What are Invites for and how can i use them ?

Invites are for giving to people you know and trust.Trading Torrentleech invites will get you and any one you invite banned. If you invite a cheat you will get a warning for the first one if it ever happens again you will be banned too. Trading means posting TL invites on any forum giving away for free or asking for something in return in either case TL class's this as trading and your account will be banned The sale of invites to this site is strictly forbidden and results in both the inviter and invitee losing their accounts. If you come across an auction from someone claiming to have permission to sell invitations to this site, it's a lie. Do not believe positive feedback ratings; if you buy an invite, we will know about it and you will lose your account.