PDA

View Full Version : Just had a relook at SABnzbd+

iLOVENZB
08-09-2009, 07:54 AM
I don't know why I left using this. The only problem I have is showing the time remaining.

I might have to get reuse to this.

Anyone else use SABnzbd+? :unsure:

beethoven
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
seems like a nice program, not taking too much recources
i'm gonna try it :)

do you have some user scripts for post-processing?

iLOVENZB
08-09-2009, 11:15 AM
do you have some user scripts for post-processing?

I don't but it appear that is has

"advanced built-in post-processing options"

http://www.sabnzbd.org/

Finding the option to turn off Auto unrar. Anyone know where the rars go after they get unrared?

beethoven
08-09-2009, 12:05 PM
yeah, just checked,
it auto checks par and unrars, nice!! :D

mesaman
08-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I want a program that builds 400 MB rar's on the fly. SABnzbd assembles multiparts after all are downloaded, so I'm using Xnews.

thadiyan
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
The rar files are deleted after the files are built. I am an active beta tester of SABnzbd+ and I love it. The developers are super responsive to bug/feature requests, it is multiplatform and best of all open source.

mesaman
08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm using Windows and the rars I download are typically 150-400 MB. The old program I'm using, Xnews, decodes and appends those files on the fly, SABnzbd+ does not, it uses memory or disk cache. I remarked to the developer 7 months ago that compared to Xnews and others SABnzbd+ is disk inefficient, he agreed, and opened new enhancement request ticket #226. I like a lot of things about SABnzbd+ but my copy gathers dust unused because I don't like its disk inefficiency on a Windows platform.

RudestBuddhist
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
SABnzbd+ is my fav. I run SABnzbdX on my Macbook Pro and monitor/add nzbs when i'm not home. Works great!

simate
08-18-2009, 12:41 PM
If you want time remaining showing all the time no matter what site your on use Firefox then install nzbStatus (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7617) addon which shows you the remaining time in the bottom right of Firefox all the time.

hotshot6473
08-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I tried Sabnzb and I didn't like it. I didnt like the fact that it was built into the webbrowser and wasn't its own program.

I switched over to http://www.altbinz.net/

It is way better and it works with IPv6 servers.

SonsOfLiberty
08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Alt.binz isn't not free and is not open source, and one other SABNZbd+ will atuo download nzbs from NZBs.org and eventually FST :)

thadiyan
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
How do you expect SABnzbd+ to automatically dl from FST? Through rss feeds? Please explain.

hotshot6473
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM
alt.binz is free. It has never asked me to pay for anything. I think it looks alot better and I get almost double the speeds of sabnzb. It is almost as good as Newsbin. Sabnzb always gave me errors and once it got to about 20 errors it would just freeze. And also when using multiple servers if one of the other servers died it would just stop working after a little while even if the other servers were still running.

SonsOfLiberty
08-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Alt.binz is "pay for", Alt.binz v0.25 is the only "freeware" version available and it's out dated by more than a year if not another year, it's at like version 0.30 or something and costs $15....

Yes SAB works off of RSS feeds (FST RSS feeds are broken....)

As you can see we (FST) are here: http://sabnzbd.wikidot.com/rss-sites

And explains why you can't use our site at the moment :(

hotshot6473
08-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Ah well the old version is still very nice and even works with IPv6 which is all I am looking for in a client.

iLOVENZB
08-19-2009, 02:10 PM
DOes is it really matter if it's paid for or not, chances are you're going to get it for free anyway?

I have a soft spot for open source devs, and try and get open source alternatives for most of the apps I use.

SonsOfLiberty
08-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Alt.Binz you aren't getting for free, not unless you have a members password, you have to use that to even run the newer versions of Alt.Binz.

simate
08-19-2009, 05:16 PM
I tried Sabnzb and I didn't like it. I didnt like the fact that it was built into the webbrowser and wasn't its own program.

I switched over to http://www.altbinz.net/

It is way better and it works with IPv6 servers.

Of course it is, it just uses a browser to display the GUI.

Ah well the old version is still very nice and even works with IPv6 which is all I am looking for in a client.

Sabnzbd works with IPv6.

thadiyan
08-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Hotshot seems to also have speed/performance issues with SABnzbd+ though, in addition for his need to run in ipv6.

I am running the latest alpha and it has been rock solid in both Mac OS & Windows, in fact I think the performance is slightly faster than the 0.4 versions too.

hotshot6473
08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Yea I was having alot of problems with it so I needed to find an alternative. I am using the old version which is hosted on the site and it works fine. I guess I just like nice looking programs that are standalone. It has all the functionality I could ask for so I am gonna stick with this for a while.

SonsOfLiberty
08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
You ever tried Newsleecher, it's pretty bad ass, with SS too, but Alt.Binz has SS too, NL is bulker, but it's my prefered client.

spiridonov
08-20-2009, 12:27 AM
with SS too, but Alt.Binz has SS too,

I am sorry for n00b question, but what is "SS"?

iLOVENZB
08-20-2009, 12:54 AM
with SS too, but Alt.Binz has SS too,

I am sorry for n00b question, but what is "SS"?

SuperSearch?

SonsOfLiberty
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Yes...Supersearch, it's not the Nazis :lol:

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7855

Newsbin Pro has it there own search and so does Usenet Explorer.

It's not really any different from using a search engine, except SS is about 5-60 minutes faster in turn around time, but the real turn around time is just scanning headers :)