PDA

View Full Version : Some people on the hdbits and sdbits staff are weird for the following reasons:

OlegL
08-10-2009, 01:56 AM
Some people on the hdbits and sdbits staff are weird for the following reasons: they think they are running a university, but not a tracker. They truly believe that a person who doesn't know anything about NTSC framerates, about LAN, and about the VC1 video compression standard doesn't have a right to be on their trackers.
In April of 2008, I had to take a small test in order to join hdbits after receiving an invite. This test never had any questions about how to encode and etc. I passed that test. But, for some reason, that fucktarded asshole admin Valerio said this about me when I was in their irc channel: "I am surprised he was able to receive an invite". Unbelievable! Maybe he truly believes that hdbits is a university, but not a tracker?
People, something is genuinely wrong with Valerio and other hdbits/sdbits admins (memineours, for example).

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 02:31 AM
While I personally believe that there is too much emphasis put on the technical rather than the artistic side of movies ( and music ) on certain trackers nonetheless it is their site and their choice and if you do not like it then I suggest that the easy solution would be simply not to be a member there.

OlegL
08-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Well, I was banned from there in June or July of 2008, which means I was a member there for like 3 or 4 months. :) But I am glad that filesharingtalk.com exists because it allows me to openly bash hdbits/sdbits admins. :) And I explained the reason why I am angry at them: they believe that anyone who has less knowledge than they do about certain things is incredibly stupid and doesn't have a right to belong to their trackers.

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 02:46 AM
I can't comment on that because I don't know them*.:unsure:
I will say that not knowing and being stupid are too entirely different things.

*I am fairly sure that one of the administrators of iTS is a girly-man though.

KushBlow
08-10-2009, 02:47 AM
It's their fucking tracker, let them run it the way they want. Just because YOU don't approve of their exam-esque methods doesn't mean everyone does.

Maybe they want people to know the difference between XviD and 720p before they join the tracker.

OlegL
08-10-2009, 03:02 AM
It's their fucking tracker, let them run it the way they want. Just because YOU don't approve of their exam-esque methods doesn't mean everyone does.

Maybe they want people to know the difference between XviD and 720p before they join the tracker.

But as I said, I passed the small test that I had been required to take after receiving an hdbits invite. What I am complaining about is their attitude toward me when I was in their irc channel: they were constantly calling me retarded in the channel and they told me to check my IQ. I find it weird that they were saying it just because I had less knowledge than they did about high-definition, about PAL/NTSC, and etc.

KushBlow
08-10-2009, 03:19 AM

But as I said, I passed the small test that I had been required to take after receiving an hdbits invite. What I am complaining about is their attitude toward me when I was in their irc channel: they were constantly calling me retarded in the channel and they told me to check my IQ. I find it weird that they were saying it just because I had less knowledge than they did about high-definition, about PAL/NTSC, and etc.

Oh, you mean elitists? I see.

Well first of all there are lots of rough private tracker IRCs out there that will leave you a sociopathic worse-than-rabies maniac, but you gotta learn to ignore them or just not attend the IRC anymore, if the above applies to you. Simply put some IRCs are full of assholes and you should stay away.

Also, a hot girlfriend might help you in these types of situations - next time they bring up NTSC framerates and call you retarded, make your gf hold up a sign with your name on it while naked/semi-naked, take a pic, upload, and watch the nerds reach for the tissues either for pain or pleasure. Either way, you win. :)

//good luck

The_Martinator
08-10-2009, 07:26 AM

Oh, you mean elitists? I see.

Well first of all there are lots of rough private tracker IRCs out there that will leave you a sociopathic worse-than-rabies maniac, but you gotta learn to ignore them or just not attend the IRC anymore, if the above applies to you. Simply put some IRCs are full of assholes and you should stay away.

Also, a hot girlfriend might help you in these types of situations - next time they bring up NTSC framerates and call you retarded, make your gf hold up a sign with your name on it while naked/semi-naked, take a pic, upload, and watch the nerds reach for the tissues either for pain or pleasure. Either way, you win. :)

//good luck

I loled, ...but I agree. I know that compared to most people at HDbits and SDbits I'm a n00b at these things. So I stay away from the IRC. I post in the forums now and again. What I do is enjoy the movies. That works for me. :P

DanielleD87
08-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Education is probably the greatest thing mankind has.

To bitch about not being smart enough to be on a tracker makes you look retarded.

IdolEyes787
08-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Education is probably the greatest thing mankind has.

I would have gone with compassion but whatever.:idunno:

My second choice was pizza btw.

I loled, ...but I agree. I know that compared to most people at HDbits and SDbits I'm a n00b at these things. So I stay away from the IRC. I post in the forums now and again. What I do is enjoy the movies. That works for me. :P

You're location actually seems to be true.:whistling

sez
08-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Check the sig

OlegL
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
To bitch about not being smart enough to be on a tracker makes you look retarded.

But that's exactly my point. Those admins think that you have to know more than a basic stuff if you want to be on their trackers. But aren't all trackers only about downloading and enjoying the things that you downloaded? Aren't all trackers only about uploading things for others and enjoying that fact that you uploaded something for other people? If I am wrong, then tell me what private bittorrent trackers are about.

Rart
08-10-2009, 02:43 PM

//good luck

Hahahaha. ^That should work just fine :01:

Trackers are supposed to be about sharing, but some are getting more and more strict about who is on their trackers. Although I don't understand how your knowledge of rips will help you become a better member, its becoming a more popular way of getting members. Just look at what.cd.

OlegL
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I still didn't tell you why I had been banned from hdbits/sdbits. This is how I got banned: I was in the #hdbits channel, and sportcenter didn't have % next to his nick, which made him look like a regular person in the channel, so nwo said something about it, and I joked that sportcenter was pretending to be a regular guy in the channel and that's why he didn't have % next to his nick. This is when nwo banned me from the channel. So I told sportcenter, "If you unban me in the #hdbits channel, I will immediately upload my DVDs to sdbits." After that, I started creating my offers on sdbits with the intention of uploading the DVDs after people would vote for these offers, but when the system op of sdbits memineours found out what I had told sportcenter ("If you unban me in the #hdbits channel, I will immediately upload my DVDs to sdbits."), he banned me from the sdbits tracker. When I started complaining about my sdbits ban on an hdbits forum, I was banned from hdbits as well. So, in one day I was banned from two trackers. :)

realityhd
08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
The moral of the story is, if you don't hang out in #circlejerk, you won't be banned!

1000possibleclaws
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
the moral of the story is, if you don't hang out in #circlejerk, you won't be banned!

Zing!

TheFoX
08-13-2009, 07:05 PM
We are thinking of introducing the 11+ entrance exam, because too many n00bs are pre-pubescent. Does this make it wrong?

Or how about introducing technical exam, with the end result being that we only invite people who fail that exam. After all, those that pass are, most likely, agents for the RIAA or MPAA.

We could have a spelling contest, banning those who's spelling is crap, because they are, so blatantly, journalists.

Or we could have a maths exam. Anyone who gets 2+2 wrong is either George Bush, or one of his close friends.

sear
08-13-2009, 11:45 PM
We could have a spelling contest, banning those who's spelling is crap, because they are, so blatantly, journalists.

:shifty:

I thoink that sounds like a frantasterk idear.

respawn40
08-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Or we could have a maths exam. Anyone who gets 2+2 wrong is either George Bush, or one of his close friends.

He's not the only politician who gets his numbers wrong :happy:

OlegL
08-14-2009, 02:45 PM
It's true that what I told them was idiotic because of the simple fact that a ban in the irc channel and being an uploader are two completely different things. I mean, you can be banned in the irc channel, but it doesn't affect your ability to upload something to the site. So, why the hell did I even tell them what I told them? I myself have a difficulty answering this question. So, I understand why I pissed them off.

obi
08-24-2009, 04:31 PM

maybe you are retarded ? :whistling

Duckater
08-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Well to be honest if a tracker wants me take a test prove I am good enough they can sod off. Maybe I should set the tracker staff a test see if the tracker is good enough for me to be on, which I doubt with what I have heard :)

obi
08-24-2009, 07:35 PM
yes , but if you want to be part of a group you should behave by their rules...

Duckater
08-24-2009, 08:14 PM
yes , but if you want to be part of a group you should behave by their rules...

Yes people do, but sites also need to realise that if they make to many silly rules and treat people badly they will lose members etc
They make the rules, I know I have made the rules, but the rules need to be workable for the members or pointless really.

OlegL
08-24-2009, 08:53 PM

This is an interesting question and a philosophical one.

obi
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM

This is an interesting question and a philosophical one.
haha good answer !

OlegL
08-25-2009, 04:43 PM
It seems that the hdbits staff is completely different from any other staff in the bittorrent world. The hdbits staff has a unique way of thinking and a unique way of looking at things and I COMPLETELY don't understand their way of thinking. It seems to me that any other staff in the bittorrent world is normal and only the hdbits/sdbits staff is weird.

lukee
08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
It seems that the hdbits staff is completely different from any other staff in the bittorrent world. The hdbits staff has a unique way of thinking and a unique way of looking at things and I COMPLETELY don't understand their way of thinking. It seems to me that any other staff in the bittorrent world is normal and only the hdbits/sdbits staff is weird.

Have you maybe considered that you are in fact retarted? There are 20,000 members who seem to get by just fine. I seriously doubt that each and every one of those members finds the staff weird. I certainly don't. The forums provide an insane amount of knowledge about video encoding, HDTV's etc. The torrents are always on time and well encoded. You are the odd one out of the group.

Go back to mininova where you belong.

IdolEyes787
08-26-2009, 01:43 PM
That's the attitude if someone has concerns ( real or imagined ) then berate them.That will solve everything and make them a more understanding and knowledgeable person.

Btw I do agree though that if you have no interest in encoding and a site is devoted to it then it doesn't make much sense to be a member there.
I suggest a good general movie site where the emphasis is on simply appreciating the movies and not on the technical side of things.

OlegL
08-26-2009, 04:09 PM

Have you maybe considered that you are in fact retarted? There are 20,000 members who seem to get by just fine. I seriously doubt that each and every one of those members finds the staff weird. I certainly don't. The forums provide an insane amount of knowledge about video encoding, HDTV's etc. The torrents are always on time and well encoded. You are the odd one out of the group.

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The point is that it requires the IQ of a 7-year old kid to have the ability to upload a full blu-ray. Maybe it requires more IQ and knowledge to re-encode blu-rays if you care about quality encodes, but most people don't upload their own torrents; they only try to keep their ratio at least above a minimum requirement and they are truly grateful when great uploaders do their job. No matter how elite a tracker is, it's not an intellectual place. It is just what it is: a bittorrent tracker.

Btw I do agree though that if you have no interest in encoding and a site is devoted to it then it doesn't make much sense to be a member there.
I suggest a good general movie site where the emphasis is on simply appreciating the movies and not on the technical side of things.

Hdbits is not just about encodes; it has more full blu-rays than any other HD site does.

lukee
08-27-2009, 07:41 AM

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The point is that it requires the IQ of a 7-year old kid to have the ability to upload a full blu-ray. Maybe it requires more IQ and knowledge to re-encode blu-rays if you care about quality encodes, but most people don't upload their own torrents; they only try to keep their ratio at least above a minimum requirement and they are truly grateful when great uploaders do their job. No matter how elite a tracker is, it's not an intellectual place. It is just what it is: a bittorrent tracker.

You make it seem like running a torrent tracker is the easiest thing ever. HDBits has very high standards which is why they are a symbol of quality in the x264 encoding world. This has nothing to do with the other members either. your talking about the staff. They all have a ton fo work on their backs believe it or not. You just sound like an idiot.

OlegL
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
This is a valid point and I never thought of it before. I guess I understand now why they banned me.

IdolEyes787
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
You make it seem like running a torrent tracker is the easiest thing ever. HDBits has very high standards which is why they are a symbol of quality in the x264 encoding world. This has nothing to do with the other members either. your talking about the staff. They all have a ton fo work on their backs believe it or not. You just sound like an idiot.

You seem to like it is totally about the point .I think that it is more about how ( as here ) it was addressed .

At least that's the way I view it.

OlegL
08-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I guess I understand now why they banned me after I said, "If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."
But they are way too strict there...
To be honest with you, some people from the hdbits staff can also be called nice. I know that in my first post here, I called Valerio a fucktard, but I did it because I was angry. He's actually a friendly person with whom someone can have a friendly chat. I remember I was having a few nice conversations with him. (About Obama, for example). Memineours can also be called nice, to be honest. Even when he banned me from sdbits, he was still nice to me. He said to me in a nice way after he disabled my account, "That's not how it works, homie" (he was referring to my "If you unban me in the irc channel.." phrase). :)

DanielleD87
08-28-2009, 01:05 AM
I hate to say this but bit torrent sites are very communistic. The problem with communism is segregation. The better users migrate one direction while the normal every day users beg and try to migrate to where those better users are.

hdbits like oink was obviously has strict standards to keep out the normal weak encoders and push for the better users to commune. I'm sure most of the people on the site are just leeches from that but complaining you can't be apart of a community or can't get on a site while at the same time having nothing to provide up to those standards... well what do you expect?

You can beg, grovel, go out of your way to break the rules to try to get into that community (trading) but what does that make you? Regardless if you're on the site you're still as worthless as the masses who are not on the site but want it. Joining good sites comes from commitment not begging.

I wish more people realized this...

OlegL
08-28-2009, 02:30 AM
Joining good sites comes from commitment not begging.

I totally agree. And I totally agree with your comment about me being worthless. But I never said I wanted to join hdbits again. I felt worthless there and felt horrible about it, so I would not want to experience that feeling again. This thread is about the horror I experienced there, but I don't think I ever said that I wanted to join hdbits again. :)

lukee
08-28-2009, 03:17 AM
"If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."

That really fucked you over. Why did you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?

ploopsy
08-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Its easy to come across arrogant stuck up admins at some private trackers. They know you need them more than they need you. They know that in real life they are too nerdy to be cool or get a GF so they act like they are big shots cause they are buddies with some dude who runs a tracker.

Admins make you jump through hoops just cause they can. Look at torrentleech.org, they know they are in demand so they make you fill out a captcha every time you login. I had a 4.0 ratio and those cunts banned me for no reason.

A good solution is to pay 10$ a month for usenet server access. Fast, reliable and you dont have to seed back and kiss some admins ass.

OlegL
08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
"If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."

That really fucked you over. Why did you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?

Did you mean to ask, "Why didn't you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?" I didn't do it because my hdbits ratio was below 0.7 and I already had more than 300 GBs downloaded from there. I didn't have a seedbox at that time, so with my adsl connection, it would have taken me like 2 or 3 weeks to bring my ratio to the number higher than 1. So, I wanted to wait for my hdbits ratio to rise above that level and I wanted to upload my DVDs to sdbits after that. But, as you know, when I was waiting, I was banned from the irc channel. (I already mentioned before why I had been banned from the channel.) So, I told them the phrase that really fucked me over: I was banned from sdbits and hdbits because of that phrase. By the way, in the recycle bin section of the hdbits forums, you will probably find my thread titled "LOL, made 5 attempts to login" or something like that. I started complaining about my sdbits ban in that thread, so I was banned from hdbits too. :)

sez
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Since you are not an idiot,i'll go with you being very gullible.You were banned for no reason and you do have every right to be angry.Just coz people disagree with how you have approached the situation,it doesn't necessarily mean you are wrong.I can't recall people being banned as an after thought over smart ass comments.
Immature,more than meets the eye and of course the politics.But its their site anyways,aint it?

TP635
08-29-2009, 03:49 AM
I hate to say this but bit torrent sites are very communistic. The problem with communism is segregation. The better users migrate one direction while the normal every day users beg and try to migrate to where those better users are.

That is not communistic; that is capitalistic.

DanielleD87
08-29-2009, 04:14 AM
And how is it capitalistic exactly?
Capitalism deals with whoever makes the most money gets the most and is the most successful. The better bt trackers are based on their community not how much money they donate to staff.

TP635
08-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Every tracker that I know have user class; that is capitalistic. Is there are classless tracker? Even TPB have some class system.

ps; maybe we are thinking on a different level here.

DanielleD87
08-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Apparently we are. The classes are just different ways to label people. If you really think staff classes like admin, moderator, or even vip are capitalistic in any way I'd hate to break it to you but a monarchy is much closer when considering the classes.

Capitalism has to do with greed aka profit and gains and money. It has nothing to do with a commune or community which is what trackers are.

TP635
08-29-2009, 06:24 AM
Apparently we are. The classes are just different ways to label people. If you really think staff classes like admin, moderator, or even vip are capitalistic in any way I'd hate to break it to you but a monarchy is much closer when considering the classes.

Capitalism has to do with greed aka profit and gains and money. It has nothing to do with a commune or community which is what trackers are.

Ok, I see your point.

Duckater
08-29-2009, 10:08 PM
But some trackers are in it for the profit, so where does that leave those trackers in the system?

DanielleD87
08-30-2009, 03:09 AM
It makes them crappy trackers that get no where.
If trackers where capitalistic then instead of going no where those trackers would be the best trackers.

TheFoX
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Remember that you have extreme left to extreme right, or communism through to capitalism. Somewhere in between you should have a healthy balance between greed and sharing.

budsmoker9211
08-30-2009, 06:09 PM
i was on hdbits.org for almost 3years i guess, but got banned 5month ago. And still i'm clueless why they banned me.

I told one of my friends who is on hdbits to check with admins about my user ID. and answer they gave to him was "he was cheating".

I've been using seedbox on every tracker like TL,RevTT,ScT,x264,TD,TB. and none of them got problem with me. but this stupid tracker thought im cheating.

Only one thing i regret it and that if i would know that they would ban me for no reason i would have never uploaded 965GB there. I would have uploaded that much of amount on some other tracker. :angry:

IdolEyes787
08-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Only one thing i regret it and that if i would know that they would ban me for no reason i would have never uploaded 965GB there. I would have uploaded that much of amount on some other tracker. :angry:

While I sympathize if you were treated unfairly I don't see why you should regret anything you did there.
I had a bit of the same feeling myself when I was tossed from a tracker and thought "hey maybe those assholes should think about returning my donations then ?" But that 's bullshit because neither you nor I was just helping the staff there ,we were to a much greater degree also helping other members, some of whom are our friends .

So say fuck you to the administration if it make you feel better but never regret the good you did there .

OlegL
08-30-2009, 07:15 PM
i was on hdbits.org for almost 3years i guess, but got banned 5month ago. And still i'm clueless why they banned me.

I told one of my friends who is on hdbits to check with admins about my user ID. and answer they gave to him was "he was cheating".

I've been using seedbox on every tracker like TL,RevTT,ScT,x264,TD,TB. and none of them got problem with me. but this stupid tracker thought im cheating.

Did you show them the screenshots of your hdbits torrents in your BT client? Also, maybe you should have allowed them to login into your seedbox. And after them checking the stats of your torrents, you could have changed your login password to the seedbox.