PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best P2p?

Exis
10-02-2003, 02:30 AM
What is the best P2P?, im gettin pissed off with this 1 :angry:

SyrinxGC
10-02-2003, 10:45 AM
If you are using the official KMD Kazaa version, then I can understand your frustration.

Since you've checked out this forum I hope you know better! I hope you're using Kazaa Lite ++. If so, then I would say there is nothing better when it comes to the volume of stuff available. With a little patience there is hardly anything you can't get here.

However - there are a lot of alternatives:

Soulseek seems to be the preferred one by many of the music searchers on this forum.

Then you have Bittorent, Emule/Edonkey and Overnet + a lot of others

I just discovered this great site with info about filesharing yesterday. Check it out:

Slyck File Sharing News and Info (http://www.slyck.com/index.php)

Here you'll find info about all the alternatives (and links to DL the software) - as well as about Kazaa lite.

Enjoy

SyrinxGC

Adster
10-02-2003, 10:50 AM
yep soulseek for music

Bit torrent for movies and games

IRC for new stuff

asmithz
10-02-2003, 10:57 AM
eMule is good for rare stuff.

Wizzandabe
10-02-2003, 01:33 PM
.But its slow.

sharedholder
10-02-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Exis@2 October 2003 - 02:30
What is the best P2P?, im gettin pissed off with this 1 :angry:
Bad,because i downloaded a lot of stuff with K-Lite (adobe,norton,music,movies....) and i don't know what you find wrong with K-Lite.

SyrinxGC
10-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Sharedholder wrote:

Bad,because i downloaded a lot of stuff with K-Lite (adobe,norton,music,movies....) and i don't know what you find wrong with K-Lite.

Couldn't agree more! ...but since really ALL kinds of people are using the Fastrack network - there is all kinds of stuff there - bad as well as good. I think it's just a matter of protecting yourself (using antivirus and firewall) and, for music and movies, preview the files as soon as possible to avoid wasting DL bandwidth and time on fakes and bad quality stuff.
Finally - be sure to really KNOW the stuff you want to DL. Check the length of a movie or a song - and see if the files in the search window correspond to that.

Since Exis haven't returned to this thread - I guess he's only tried out the original KMD - well - too bad for him/her.

SyrinxGC

spam
10-02-2003, 09:52 PM
supranova.org,file sharing forums

Gre1
10-02-2003, 09:56 PM
I agree with Adster and I would agree with Agent Smith but If I didn't know any better I would say that is Shad0w Hacker

fr600
10-02-2003, 09:57 PM
I believe K-Lite is the best and the rest are bogus...

Jay
10-03-2003, 05:51 AM
e-mule and shareaza

Adster
10-03-2003, 06:16 AM
I agree with Adster and I would agree with Agent Smith but If I didn't know any better I would say that is Shad0w Hacker

indeed it is

toddiscool
10-03-2003, 06:20 AM
Direct Connect is the best that there is.

OR maybee filetopia http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/vogel.gif

asmithz
10-03-2003, 06:22 AM

Yeah its me (Shad0w Hacker)

ken67
10-03-2003, 09:52 AM
Which program is best for applications relating to software developement. I have been searching(for months) for some software "Total Access Developer Suite" or "Total Visual Developer Suite" (Realate to Access & Visual Basic Development).

Does anyone have a favourite source for similair programs?

Cheers, :huh:
Ken.