PDA

View Full Version : Looking for music tracker(not what/waffles)

Rart
08-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone could reccomend me a music tracker? I have recently got onto what, but even with a seedbox and downloading stuff I don't want, I can still barely manage a positive ratio. Yes, I know that you can upload your own stuff, ect. and you'll keep a decent ratio, but honestly my interests in music are limited and I'm far too lazy :happy:. I just don't see it to be worth the effort to keep a decent ratio on what.

I'm just looking for a decent tracker with a decent amount of content and peers, I don't really need super obscure music as Im not a huge listener and perfect quality lossless rips isn't really necessary, I'm not too concerned about quality. The most important thing is being able to manage a ratio, I have a hell of a time trying to do it on what/waffles =/.

Any reccomendetions would be helpful.

KushBlow
08-13-2009, 04:33 AM
You could try a no-ratio music tracker like CE or SqN. :)

n00bz0r
08-13-2009, 04:55 AM
or STMusic or libble :P

Yoann64
08-13-2009, 05:07 AM
but honestly my interests in music are limited and I'm far too lazy :happy:. I just don't see it to be worth the effort to keep a decent ratio on what.
If you interests in music are very limited => Scc section Mp3/0day freeleech :D

Funkin'
08-13-2009, 05:10 AM
Torrents.ru and Demonoid. These are two of the best trackers for music. You could always use Soulseek too.

1000possibleclaws
08-13-2009, 05:18 AM
Yeah I'd just go with The Pirate Bay, Demonoid, and the P2P client Slsk. What and Waffles are more for audiophiles and I think alot of people who are into private trackers use them even though they don't care for the strict rules on the uploads, and ultimately waste more resources and time then they need to. If you don't want to bother with your ratio these are 3 perfectly fine options.

TP635
08-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Demoniod is where I get a huge chuck of my music. The torrent upload standard may not be as good as a proper music tracker. Read torrent descripion and comment before downloading; just to make sure you get what you want to get and not something else.

Nemrod
08-13-2009, 05:51 AM
SCC is a good alternative, and as Yoann64 said, itīs freeleech.
However I must agree with Funkin', TrueSounds and TP635, Demonoid itīs an excellent choice.

Rart
08-13-2009, 06:26 AM
How is soulseek content wise and security wise? I've been a little wary of other p2p programs since the horror stories of kazaa.

jwkwhud
08-13-2009, 06:32 AM

n00bz0r
08-13-2009, 07:12 AM
torrents.ru is a goldmine.. thats for sure :happy:

Funkin'
08-13-2009, 07:50 AM
^ That it is.

Alternatively, you can also use warez forums for music(in particular funkysouls & warez-bb, but there's also a ton of blogs out there). Most of them have a ton content. What/Waffles are usually my last stops(the lossless trackers being my first) if none of these other sites/slsk has what I'm looking for.

As for the security of Soulseek, it works kind of like a torrent client where you can see whoever's ip that you're connected to. I still use it though, and love it. I've found music on it that wasn't to be found any trackers.

sez
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Keeping a good ratio on these sites comes down to hardwork and being a little smart in the process,granted you won't make it anywhere if you just leech and seed without uploading your own stuff.
If you have axx to 0day music then try and upload some of that.3 good albums in a day can get you real far.
Also remember that these aren't music only sites.You can upload comics and ebooks too.If you look at the comics section on demonoid you'll notice a name that features in almost all of the uploads.ask him nicely to allow you to share some of his stuff,alot of people have this on RSS and am sure you are going to get a descent amount of upload once you put them up.

Ebooks are everywhere these days and i'd point you to avaxhome as an example.Test the reading materials then settle on the ones that you think people have shown most interest in and if you have the time,make it a regular affair.

People also tend to have an affinity for music charts.Btjunkie used to be the place that i got them from though am not sure if they are still around anymore.Also you should look into world music charts.There are sites that track the top 20 jams of a couple of countries(kohit.net is an example)bundle these into a pack and they'll get you the kind of upload that you want.
Its easy but it just takes a little hardwork.You'll enjoy the sites once you are done with this.

cinephilia
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Soulseek has a great amount of content. It's really great for all kinds of music, but even better if you're into more obscure indie rock, punk, or various types electronic music.

I can't really comment much about security, but I have read that it sort of functions in a way similar to Napster. I haven't heard of anyone being nabbed by using slsk though.

If you're looking for security in a p2p client I'll point you towards Perfect Dark.
a guy got caught 5 years ago, he has been recently condemned to pay a 10.000 euros penalty.
http://partipirate.org/blog/com.php?id=181 (article in french)

Swift
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
filemp3.org , vipmusic , music-torrents.ro

Rart
08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Is there an english translation/version of torrents.ru? Google translate seems to be less than happy wehn I type it in.

sheriff 01
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
If soft mp3 were still around i would have suggested that. Dammit all to hell, i really miss that place. :(

Funkin'
08-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Is there an english translation/version of torrents.ru? Google translate seems to be less than happy wehn I type it in.

Not that I know of. Look in the review section, there's one for torrents.ru. The person who made the review mentions a couple FF add-ons that will help with translating the site.

Although I've never needed to use them. I just type in what I'm looking for in the top right hand corner of the main page, grab what I want from the list, and seed. Unless you're planning on reading the forums there's really no need to translate anything.

Rart
08-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the tip. Well the problem is a first need to find the register link :-P. I'll go try the FF addons.

orfik
08-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Depends what you're looking for. If you're a casual listener and don't care that much about music then you're right to use Demonoid, slsk and the like. In fact, grab a program called BitChe and you should be very happy.

But if you're serious about music then you're not going to find anything that rivals dedicated trackers like What & Waffles (and definitely not the more elusive music trackers). The main difference is simply the amount of material. Any artist you like, odds are you'll be able to find everything they've ever done. I've used every p2p option you can name and I'm still constantly amazed at at the depth of the selection on these sites. There's no comparison whatsoever.

That said, I still keep Emule around.

KushBlow
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the tip. Well the problem is a first need to find the register link :-P. I'll go try the FF addons.

If you need any help PM me. I am fluent in Russian :huh: (seriously). I could make pics or whatever you needed to find out how to register, download, seed, the whole nine.

!!New!!
08-15-2009, 12:13 AM
http://musictorrent.eu

hotshot6473
08-15-2009, 12:29 AM
It looks like What.cd and Waffles may have freeleech very soon. I don't know the progress on the waffles contest but I hope that they reach their goal.

Just be on the lookout in the upcoming days and you might be able to build up a nice buffer.

Also you can upload 0day appz on both What and Waffles which people usually leech.

And finally the #1 rule of being on a music tracker is to seed forever. Somebody will download that file at some point just like you did. You just have to wait a long time for it to happen.

A seedbox won't help for a music tracker unless it is freeleech. If you are downloading music transfer it to your home comp and seed from there and leave it on 24/7

locodice
08-15-2009, 12:08 PM
you could try http://www.itune.ro today is free-signup till 00:00 from what I heard

John1988
08-15-2009, 12:33 PM
If soft mp3 were still around i would have suggested that. Dammit all to hell, i really miss that place. :(

its still there sherif,just reborned with another name "scenesound" :)

cinephilia
08-15-2009, 12:47 PM

its still there sherif,just reborned with another name "scenesound" :)
afaik, scenesound is not the reborn of softmp3 but a new tracker with different staff.

punisher
08-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Filemp3.org is a Good Music Site

Rart
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
It looks like What.cd and Waffles may have freeleech very soon. I don't know the progress on the waffles contest but I hope that they reach their goal.

Just be on the lookout in the upcoming days and you might be able to build up a nice buffer.

Also you can upload 0day appz on both What and Waffles which people usually leech.

And finally the #1 rule of being on a music tracker is to seed forever. Somebody will download that file at some point just like you did. You just have to wait a long time for it to happen.

A seedbox won't help for a music tracker unless it is freeleech. If you are downloading music transfer it to your home comp and seed from there and leave it on 24/7

What gives you the idea that what.cd may soon be in freeleech?

cinephilia
08-15-2009, 03:03 PM

What gives you the idea that what.cd may soon be in freeleech?
second anniversary of what.cd maybe.

sez
08-15-2009, 03:08 PM
http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/75/12/0000057512_20090528104153.jpg

Funkin'
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Filemp3.org is a Good Music Site

Not really.

lisabritpop
08-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Coexist,SqN all no-ratio...

cinephilia
08-16-2009, 03:45 PM
...and all empty :rolleyes:

S3v3N
08-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Best community ever non the less:01: .

colbert
08-18-2009, 03:33 AM
The trick to sites like What/Waffles is seeding forever! You may need to seed more obscure files for months. If you only want the latest new pop album, any decent 0-day site with a music section should have it, perhaps in freeleech form too!

Cabalo
08-18-2009, 04:11 AM

Best community ever non the less:01: .
:lol: good catch :lol:

Quin
08-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I could use a music tracker too. What and Waffles would of course be perfect but as I can't request for invites yet, I need something else. All I need is well ripped mp3 lame v0. More music the better of course. It can be private or public, but if it's private, you need to be able to join w/o an invite (unless someone drops me one, ehh). And yes, I guess I have good basic knowledge of torrenting, ripping, transcodes etc. Many thanks alrdy. =)

pretend
08-18-2009, 07:59 PM
And yes, I guess I have good basic knowledge of torrenting, ripping, transcodes etc. Many thanks alrdy. =)
So what stops you from going to official what.cd invite channel in this case?

Quin
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
And yes, I guess I have good basic knowledge of torrenting, ripping, transcodes etc. Many thanks alrdy. =)
So what stops you from going to official what.cd invite channel in this case?
Oh, you bet I'd love too. But.. my isp is banned from What for some odd reason, so the only way to get into What is to get an invite from someone. :cry:

pretend
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
They banned many ISPs, mine as well.

TBiT
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
you can try scenesound.org
decent scene MP3 music tracker , SoftMP3 alternative.
And they have banned the following countries:

South Africa
Switzerland
Ireland
Germany
Spain
Portugal
Greece
Italy
Russian federation
Poland
Romania
Hungary
Slovakia
Turkey
Argentina
Mexico
Ecuador
Brazil
Israel
New Zealand
Singapore
China

just to let you know.

F-Sicx
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
scenesound is amazin...lovely outlay with a huge content that is growing everyday

ashford
08-20-2009, 06:39 AM
I'd say find yourself a VIPmusic invite. They have the biggest scene music archive (~40,000* releases if not more), 3/4 of requests are filled, even rare ones, so it's definitely the best scene music tracker.

* Yes that much, since there are a lot of unique and very often rare collections.

pretend
08-20-2009, 12:30 PM
after op's post saying he needs tracker that easier to maintain ratio than what or waffles, VIP just won't do :)

Rart
08-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm becoming a big fan of STMusic's bonus system :D. Very useful for the often nonexistent leechers on music sites. Thanks for the help guys.

pretend
08-20-2009, 11:40 PM
I think it's better for you to stick with what and put some more efforts at start. It will be easier later, when you have like 20 GB seeding (or when site has freeleech - sometimes it happens).
The main reason is that most of sites in this topic are shit if compare to what. Well, torrents.ru is uber-cool as well ;)

golden_3y3
08-23-2009, 07:43 AM
stmusic

vpg8000
08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Stmusic or VIPmusic. Though you will be able to keep a good ratio more easily with STmusic's bonus system for sure.

ashford
08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Though VIPmusic has most releases. Not to mention their damn huge archive and awesome requests section.

Six66Mike
08-24-2009, 02:47 AM
metalbits.org for any metal

ragincajun77
09-16-2009, 02:09 PM

Hmmm, that's curious cinephilia seeing as you are not a member of coexist. :shifty: