PDA

View Full Version : A Fresh Start Again

newcster68
10-02-2003, 06:19 AM
:angry: Well, here is the situation I have encountered. I have a 120GB hard drive but was down to 20GB left. I was saving all my movies to disk that I had but stopped doing that cause it was getting expensive bying disks every couple of weeks.

So, I had a 60GB hard drive setting aside to add as my slave drive and went to install it. Everything was fine until I started to tranfer my movies over to that drive. About my 4th movie into the transfer my system locked up and I could not do anything. I went to reboot and when my pc came back on I got failure popups telling me there was a major hardware conflict which caused my C: drive to lose some files..haha lose my ass..I lost 80% of everything I had downloaded and saved over the last 8 months. I tried and tried to recover these files but to no avail. :(

So, again to make things easier and simple...I put my Windows XP Boot disk in my cdrom, rebooted and deleted everything off my C: drive..reformatted and made a new partition. Reinstalled XP and now I'm off to a fresh start again. Starting today, I went out and bought 200 new disks, set up my second hard drive properly and for now on instead of downloading movie after movie and keeping them on my C: drive..I will transfer them to my 2nd hard drive. Keep them on there for 2 weeks then burn them to disk to keep both drives running smoothly.

I will say that any posted movies I have on here with the sigdat links are no longer valid. I am truely sorry but this was not supposed to happen this way but it did. Starting today, anything I post will be good. Again, sorry for all the trouble and thanks for understanding.

NEWCSTER68 :D

Jay
10-02-2003, 06:25 AM
i feel your pain

Ma5t3rM1nD
10-02-2003, 09:25 AM
You probably should of got a 250gb hdd then added another hdd. But I am sure you had your reason for getting the 60gb hdd.

{I}{K}{E}
10-02-2003, 10:31 AM
:o :( :'( :geek: :swear:

Man if that happend to me I swear I kicked my pc so hard....

MetroStars
10-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Dude any 1 else i wud laugh at,

but your the king of bootlegs..

ck-uk
10-02-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah,sorry mate..gutted for u...Shit happens mate,there was obviously nothing u could have done about it. :D

puk:))
10-02-2003, 03:21 PM
you could always call the cops.... tell um you had child pron on your pc but there gonna have to recover all your data to find it... once they fished it all out just say you must have made a mistake... kinda oopps&#33; <_<

maybe not ;)

Cypher
10-02-2003, 03:36 PM
poor bugger&#33;&#33; i feel your pain. this happened to me a while ago, although it probly wasn&#39;t as many movies. i had a faulty hard drive and it just corrupted windows one day, so i got a little pissed reformatted installed windows again. 2 weeks later same thing. And then again. This happened four times before i took the hard-disk back to the store under warranty&#33; lol. now i do what you do and put them on disk.

Cheers :D

Dapadipz
10-02-2003, 05:11 PM
:angry:

Unlucky Newcster :( All Those Quality Releases&#33;&#33;

Happened to me once but only had a few movies on HD then and i was pissed off even then

Octopussy
10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@2 October 2003 - 06:19
:angry: Well, here is the situation I have encountered. I have a 120GB hard drive but was down to 20GB left. I was saving all my movies to disk that I had but stopped doing that cause it was getting expensive bying disks every couple of weeks.

So, I had a 60GB hard drive setting aside to add as my slave drive and went to install it. Everything was fine until I started to tranfer my movies over to that drive. About my 4th movie into the transfer my system locked up and I could not do anything. I went to reboot and when my pc came back on I got failure popups telling me there was a major hardware conflict which caused my C: drive to lose some files..haha lose my ass..I lost 80% of everything I had downloaded and saved over the last 8 months. I tried and tried to recover these files but to no avail. :(

So, again to make things easier and simple...I put my Windows XP Boot disk in my cdrom, rebooted and deleted everything off my C: drive..reformatted and made a new partition. Reinstalled XP and now I&#39;m off to a fresh start again. Starting today, I went out and bought 200 new disks, set up my second hard drive properly and for now on instead of downloading movie after movie and keeping them on my C: drive..I will transfer them to my 2nd hard drive. Keep them on there for 2 weeks then burn them to disk to keep both drives running smoothly.

I will say that any posted movies I have on here with the sigdat links are no longer valid. I am truely sorry but this was not supposed to happen this way but it did. Starting today, anything I post will be good. Again, sorry for all the trouble and thanks for understanding.

NEWCSTER68 :D
OWNED

huuramis
10-02-2003, 06:54 PM
| | | | | | |
V V V V V V V

HAHA
HAHAHA
HAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i get so pissed at my pc sometimes, i swear if that happened to me ide smash the shit out of my computer then ide eat the pieces.

Gre1
10-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@2 October 2003 - 05:31
:o :( :&#39;( :geek: :swear:

Man if that happend to me I swear I kicked my pc so hard....
I would have started fighting my computer if that happened.

zinc1
10-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Shit man if that had happened to me I would have sulked for a Good few minutes and then say aah what the hell just start all over again.
I think I&#39;ll just start transfering some of mine on to the discs just in case.

internet.news
10-02-2003, 07:32 PM
At the moment I&#39;m kinda lucky - I&#39;m going to have to reformat my 120gb drive soon but have the chance to back it all up. In the summer my previous harddrive (80gb) broke and was not even detectable by my PC and I lost the lot - movies, music, important documents, although lluckily all my photos were backed up.