PDA

View Full Version : Bawxsing

Mr. Mulder
08-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I started bawxsing a couple of weeks ago and im bloody loving it! My gyms mainly for thai bawxsing, it’s a little family run place and the owners are ex british champs or something else but they also do normal bawxsing, there’s a class on twice a week but im not allowed to do it till I’v learnt all the basics so I’ve bought some one on one lessons with the owner, Eddie. He’s a scary man. Had the first three lessons so far, one a week. Can’t believe how much there is to remember! Started doing some pad work with him last lesson and he’ll shout out what to do or just hold the pads in certain positions on him self and expect you to do whatever combo he’s shouting or respond to where the pads are without saying what to do and then he’ll shout reverse it and to do the complete opposite in the space of a second confuses the shit out of me. When its a combo that involves him moving the pad in your direction it means getting hit square in the face which I’ve learnt is less than ideal and in fact would be more awesome the less that happens :smilie4: you've got to be thinking all the time, its a proper thinking mans sport like chess or buckaroo.

Before I started I couldn’t skip as I move like a robot and have no natural rhythm but I bought a skipping rope (it has pink handles) and have been practicing in the flat and it seems easy now ftw!1

I consider my self to be a fit-ish person, ive done some outdoor races and do free weights regularly breaking it down into groups (chest and triceps one day, back and biceps another etc) …which is just short bursts of energy with rests in between but I got caught right the fuck out on my very first lesson, there’s a 10 minute cardio routine before each lesson involving tuckjumps, pushups, jumping jacks etc… which gets repeated for a set of three and by the end of the 10minute warm up I was on the floor in a puddle of sweat gasping for air – but he said don’t worry it catches everyone out :pinch:

Got one more lesson moving around with the pads then the last lessons sparring which will be win!1 at the moment im doing about 20mins bag work after each weights session just to practice what’s been taught as its just a hobby, no fucking way would I ever make a proper go of it …though after 8 hours a day of bullshit computers and other peoples problems it feels orgasmic to hit something and the possibility of hitting people in the face is giving me a semi as I type this.

so to summarize, bawxsing >*

Skweeky
08-16-2009, 12:18 PM
My brother in law is a black belt in Thai bawxing, he used to come home all black and bruised, not being able to walk properly.
The husband is a black belt in karate, so they used to fight each other and pretend they were cage fighters in UFC...

Skweeky
08-16-2009, 12:19 PM
I say a black belt in Thai boxing, I don't even know if they have belts, all I know is that he's been doing it for ages and he's pretty good at it.

Skweeky
08-16-2009, 12:19 PM
He does competitions and all that, I mean.

JPaul
08-16-2009, 02:09 PM
:lol: you're all over the plaice there missus.

In other news I thought midget bawxsing had been banned in the UK

Skweeky
08-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Where were you on Friday night? Hmmmm? You left me on my own with Rat and Les ffs. :snooty:

Mr. Mulder
08-16-2009, 03:54 PM
:lol: you're all over the plaice there missus.

In other news I thought midget bawxsing had been banned in the UK
ewe won't be smack'talkin like that when i'm punching your shins TO DEATH!111111!1!1 :snooty:

Skweeky
08-16-2009, 04:08 PM
You could jump up and gnaw off his baws.

JPaul
08-16-2009, 05:21 PM
If he could afford it like. I'm available but not cheap.

JPaul
08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Friday night I was mostly getting more drunk than I've been in fucking years. Then watched t'Hoops with a fucking whore of a hangover on Saturday. I had downloaded a Gary Moore DVD from benweb, and decided to check it was OK. That worked well as I then watched it all by mistake, unfortunately I hadn't stolen it until about 01:30.

Mr. Mulder
08-16-2009, 05:24 PM
That's not what i heard : ohnohedi'nt: :don'tgotheregirl'fren: :smilie4:

JPaul
08-16-2009, 05:26 PM
http://images.cafepress.com/image/12412695_400x400.jpg

Biggles
08-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Hasn't girl bawxing been approved by the Olympics or something else? Will it be topless like boy bawxing?

Albo Da Kid
08-18-2009, 06:08 AM
haha i felt the same when i first sarted.. Let me give you some advice from personal experience though. Keep working out and stuff but just don't get too atached to the boxing life (lol, you'll know what i mean after a little time passes by) and try to stay out of the ring as much as possible, meaning don't sparr too much.. reason im saying that is because you dont wanna walk around with a deformed nose and cuts in your eyebrows and stuff like that

Skweeky
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
You've obviously never seen a picture of mulder. He could do with some character.

Mr. Mulder
08-18-2009, 08:34 PM
I am far too good looking for this boxing business :smilie4:

Mr. Mulder
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
http://fantasy411.mlblogs.com/ron-burgundy.jpg

Rule number 1, no touching of the hair or face :smilie4: