PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Installing Halo

Falconetti
10-02-2003, 10:36 PM
I`m having trouble opening up Halo which i just downloaded off Supernova. Should i use WinRAR?

Johnny_B
10-02-2003, 11:00 PM
What's the file extension?

[B][O][T]
10-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Might wanna try gameworld.

BOT

Falconetti
10-02-2003, 11:30 PM
Link doesnt work and it is a bunch of Halo_Combat_Evolved-FLT_flt-halo.001 through .0048 and a Halo_Combat_Evolved-FLT_flt-halo.sfv files. thanks for any help.

muchspl2
10-02-2003, 11:42 PM
need winrar to open it
http://www.rarlabs.com
then click the lowest file & you will get a bin & cue
you can burn it or just mount it with daemon tools (saves cd's)

callum
10-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Falconetti@2 October 2003 - 22:36
Should i use WinRAR?
Yes.
Opening Halo_Combat_Evolved-FLT_flt-halo.001 with winrar will give you the bin or iso.

Falconetti
10-03-2003, 12:13 AM
Burn both files?

callum
10-03-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Falconetti@3 October 2003 - 00:13
Burn both files?
If you have a bin and cue file, open up your burning prog and select burn image then select the cue and it will open the bin and burn it.
Make sure you burn it as an image and not just a normal data cd.

muchspl2
10-03-2003, 12:23 AM
you don't have to burn it
get daemon tools

Falconetti
10-03-2003, 01:39 AM
Got the tools and got it working, till the actual download started, it says that the files are being used by another application, but im not using them except for the install. ?

muchspl2
10-03-2003, 01:44 AM
i don't understand
is it throu downloading
did you click finish, you need to close bittorrent in order to open the files and install

Falconetti
10-03-2003, 11:04 AM
Lol, sorry i mean installing the actual game, on the setup screen it says the files are being used by another app. ?

muchspl2
10-03-2003, 11:23 AM
did you close the torrent
click finish?

Falconetti
10-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah i clicked finish after the download completed

RedRival
10-05-2003, 01:15 PM
maybe you got a corrupted game file like I did.

see my post:
http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=71976

look at your installation progress bar, and see what file gives that error.

then explore your halo cd, then look thru FilesCab folder.

there will be 6 cab files, if the file error occurred earlier, then it must be in the first few cabs, if you got a map error like I did, it's probably an error in cab 6.

just open the cab and try manually extracting the file, if winrar says you got a archive corruption, it means the file is corrupted.

RedRival
10-05-2003, 04:19 PM
I managed to fix my copy of flt-halo.bin

to check whether your bin is corrupted, just try shifting it to a different location, usually it will say the file is damaged or corrupt.

If the corruption is not too severe, use CDMAge. Please do a google search.

When isntalled, try opening the bin file with Cdmage. If CDmage can open it, then your bin image can still be salvaged. If you can't load it, then it's beyond hope.

Anywayz, if it loads, click Action>Scan for Corruption

if all goes well, the bin will scan with no errors.

Now, for some reason I can't explain why, your copy of the bin should be already repaired. You can doublecheck by shifting it around and it should work.

Now you got a fixed bin, just burn it on disc or use daemon tools.

Better if you know which file was previously corrupted and try extracting it (usually errors occur in the cab part), if it extratcs properly, you're all set to play halo.

Have fun. Although i'm not sure, because Halo wasn't entertinaing me for a long time, I played campaign for the first 15mins and I got bored. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since i'm using gf4 mx 440, and i like playing 1024x768 and good quality graphics, im experiencing a bit of lagginess while taking corners.

other than that, all's good.

MasterChief05
10-05-2003, 06:33 PM
Im new to this Bit Torrent deal, I have two questions.
1. I got BT and FINALLY found a link to Halo called Halo_Combat_Evolved_FLT, does it work?
2. How do I resume my download? it didn't finish and I don't know how to resume now.

If anyone can help thnx!

Monkeee
10-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by MasterChief05@5 October 2003 - 18:33
Im new to this Bit Torrent deal, I have two questions.
1. I got BT and FINALLY found a link to Halo called Halo_Combat_Evolved_FLT, does it work?
2. How do I resume my download? it didn't finish and I don't know how to resume now.

If anyone can help thnx!
just click on the torrent and it asks you where to put Halo put it on the same place where you downloading Halo BEFORE

Falconetti
10-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Bah, i deleted the files in my frustration, glad to hear that yours came out ok RedRival. Question: Would CDMAge fix the files if it were corrputed or is it just another extraction prog like winrar? I guess i`ll go download it again, only took my 4-5 hours last time with my dsl. If i`ll have more problems ill reply.

Squirrely
10-15-2003, 12:19 AM
ive got a corrupt b30.map. i found it in cab2 and when i extracted with winrar it found it as corrupt. then when i scannned with cdmage it too found the corrupt file. and when i tried to install it again, i got the same error. so now should i redownload??

Falconetti
10-15-2003, 12:24 AM
All these problems just made me go out and buy the game. Yes, if its corrupt no use in playing with it, try downloading it again I guess.