PDA

View Full Version : Avatar [2009]

mr. nails
08-20-2009, 07:10 PM
i'm totally there. this looks incredibly outstanding!

December 18th - good X-mas gift!

HD Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avatar)

Rart
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I got excited and thought you were talking about Avatar the last airbender :(

What is this movie about lol?

The trailer has about 3 words in it: "This is great".

I hope the movie will be great.

IdolEyes787
08-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm sure with Cameron at the helm that the movie will be good but I didn't care for the trailer at all.

Bunch of cartoons jumping around little more than that .Hated the character design too couldn't relate to them at all (someone's been playing way too much WOW it seems).

I would rather have watched a simple clip of how the crippled guy suffers to overcome his limitations to in the end become a hero .Sure that 's been done to death but give me something to emotionally connect to at least.

C3ruS
08-25-2009, 05:00 PM
I think it will be the best movie of 2009.Ofcourse in IMAX 3D :)
This movie cost more then 400million $,so it has to be good :)

yoco
08-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Teaser didn't really impress me. But knowing James Cameron, it's gonna be huge!

Hologram
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Character design is so bad, at least to me. Other than special effects that they showed off in trailer nothing really impressed me. I will definitely watch the movie, I'm sure that James will pull it off once again.

brento
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I lost all my respect for James Cameron when Titanic came out :P

Hologram
08-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Its one of the greatest movies ever. If nothing, you should at least get more respect for him. Just because the movie is more feminine, doesn't mean that it sucks. Look at it from the artistic point of view.

darkstate01
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
mmmm I don't know about the trailer, Looks like a FPS
I like playing FPS now and again but watching it as a film could be really dull.
I'm a big fan of manga and such films as they are original and brutal but i can see this being a sci-fi love story with a little action and a lot of special FX to wow the audience to stop them from falling a sleep
The character design doesn't look anything different from your average run of the mill game so maybe he has something up his sleeve that we don't know about
WE will see

brento
08-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Its one of the greatest movies ever. If nothing, you should at least get more respect for him. Just because the movie is more feminine, doesn't mean that it sucks. Look at it from the artistic point of view.

Your the first person who I've ever talked to who believes Titanic is one of the greatest movies of all time. But to all their own, right?
I personally found it to be completely absurd and silly.

Rart
08-30-2009, 05:42 PM

Your the first person who I've ever talked to who believes Titanic is one of the greatest movies of all time. But to all their own, right?
I personally found it to be completely absurd and silly.

I think every single romance riddled girl/mom in America begs to differ. :P